Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

PickelledEggs

PickelledEggs

BTW. I want to make a dota 2 team/ steady group of people that would like to party up. If you want to play Dota with me, let me know and we can pm each other Steam info if we aren't already steam friends. I have a teamspeak server and everything.

Shiranu

Quote from: Hydra009 on October 19, 2014, 01:52:59 AM
Just found my new favorite game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldmpROBMJvk

"Play as ancient squid monsters from another dimension or as giant killer robots."

"The tone, character, and pacing of a Command & Conquer game mixed with the mammoth battles of an Annihilation game."

That was amazing :D.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Yeah, it's a real shame that it's well short of its kickstarter goal.  (15 days left and it's over a million bucks short)  Great game concept, though.

kilodelta

Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

Hydra009

Ideally, it's getting to experience a title at an extremely early stage of development and watch it get more and more fleshed out.

Realistically, it's playing a hot mess that may never actually be released at all and throwing your money out the window in the process.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: kilodelta on October 20, 2014, 06:21:57 PM
Eggxactly.

I bought an early access game because I watched it on twitch and liked it and decided it was worth my 20 bucks

Hydra009

A dev exploded on twitter (which btw, is a super good idea) because his recently released game was incorrectly labelled early access, and the death threat thing got his game pulled from Steam.  He also ranted that it's unfair that you can only publish a game on steam during 9-5 business hours monday through friday, that Steam has a monopoly, and that because of all this drama, he's going to quit the industry.

Gabe Newell is reportedly unfazed, challenging his attacker to make his first two shots count because he's never going to get a third.

Shiranu

Quote from: Hydra009 on October 21, 2014, 01:28:48 AM

A dev exploded on twitter (which btw, is a super good idea) because his recently released game was incorrectly labelled early access, and the death threat thing got his game pulled from Steam.  He also ranted that it's unfair that you can only publish a game on steam during 9-5 business hours monday through friday, that Steam has a monopoly, and that because of all this drama, he's going to quit the industry.

Gabe Newell is reportedly unfazed, challenging his attacker to make his first two shots count because he's never going to get a third.

I mean, I realize it's his livelyhood... but fuck, people be salty over the stupidest shit these days.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Quote from: Shiranu on October 21, 2014, 01:41:56 AM
I mean, I realize it's his livelyhood... but fuck, people be salty over the stupidest shit these days.
Not just his livelihood, but everyone on the team.  It's an indie studio, so that's not many, but damn, that's one hell of a way to lose a job.  Probably doesn't do wonders for the ol' resume, either.  "Code Avarice, eh?  Why'd you leave?"  "Well..."

BarkAtTheMoon

Quote.... Gabe Newell is reportedly unfazed, challenging his attacker to make his first two shots count because he's never going to get a third.

That kind of makes it sound like it's an elaborate Half Life 3 joke. Sure the source wasn't a gamer version of the Onion?

"When you landed on the moon, that was the point when God should have come up and said hello. Because if you invent some creatures and you put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, then you fucking turn up and say, 'Well done.' It's just a polite thing to do." - Eddie Izzard

PickelledEggs

Just got back from an Injustice tournament. My friend is the top player for his character (Lobo) world wide and he was competing. He won too! it was pretty amazing and now I have added Injustice to my game collection in hopes that I can be somewhere near those guys' level hahaha

GrinningYMIR

Got this armor in Tor

I do stuff too
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Hydra009

Quote from: BarkAtTheMoon on October 21, 2014, 05:24:13 PM
That kind of makes it sound like it's an elaborate Half Life 3 joke. Sure the source wasn't a gamer version of the Onion?
I threw that in myself.  And yes, it's a reference to Valve's notable lack of trilogies.