News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Quote from: Hydra009 on October 13, 2014, 01:44:30 PM
Have fun waiting to be robbed and murdered.  Or alternatively, robbing and murdering.  :)
I think I will be robbed and murdered quite a bit before I can begin robbing and murdering myself.  Been killed 3 times already--damn zombies are fast.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Mike Cl on October 13, 2014, 06:10:30 PM
I think I will be robbed and murdered quite a bit before I can begin robbing and murdering myself.  Been killed 3 times already--damn zombies are fast.
Lol I have a hard enough time dealing with other players in Rust which doesn't even have zombies. I can't imagine have to also deal with zombies.

Sent from your mom

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Hydra009 on September 07, 2014, 11:53:15 PM
I love Blades of Steel!  First fighting game I ever played.  Threw more punches than a Kool-aid delivery guy.  Good times.

I can honestly say I've not had as much fun playing any other videogame in years as I've just had playing Blades of Steel with three friends. It was glorious.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Mike Cl

Quote from: PickelledEggs on October 13, 2014, 07:38:04 PM
Lol I have a hard enough time dealing with other players in Rust which doesn't even have zombies. I can't imagine have to also deal with zombies.

Sent from your mom
I picked Dayz because of the graphics.  But I may have been better off going with Rust.  I have scouted around for over 90 min., and have found 2 apples to eat, and not a thing else.  I've been in 30+ houses and 4/5 factories and not a thing---except zeds; they are everywhere and I've died 14/15 times.  This is turning into a real bore.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

PickelledEggs

lol yeah. I die a lot in Rust. I've made a shack and just stood there while other players tore down my door, killed me, then looted me... hahaha

Once you get a groove going, it becomes less of a bore and it gets fun though.

Mike Cl

Well, Pickle, I have about 6 hrs into Dayz.  For my labors I have found 4 apples (6 rotten ones) and 3 barries, three water pumps and a pond to drink from.  That's it.  On yeah--dozens and dozens of zombies.  Nobody else or anything else.  Well, several empty factories, train stations, homes, farms, sheds, etc, but that 's it.  Death is usually by freezing to death, some by zombie bites and some from starvation.  And two blue screen crashes.  Think I'll let this alpha simmer for awhile before I try again. 

How is Mordor coming along?

Solitary

How many that play Mass Effect 3 have found out that when playing femme Shep that Kaiden is her brother? Or Liara is part Krogan, and has a sister that is part Hanar? Every day I play this game I find new interesting things.
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

the_antithesis

So I finally got the Intellivision Flashback system and it's pretty cool.

As one might expect, this system is already emulated fairly well, so why bother? Because of the controllers, motherfucker. Those Intellivision controllers are difficult to replicate with a keyboard and mouse. Since the system was built on two-player sports games, it leads to awkward "keyboard twister" when playing. Even then, the control is not the same since that disk directional pad was 16 directions. Keyboards are just not set up to replicate this.

I played it a bit and found some games that were fucking impossible, like Vectron to still be fucking impossible, but I did better than I ever have before. And that disk still fucking kills your thumb faster than any other game controller ever made. No, don't bother trying to tell me about some game that used the edge of a razor blade and sulfuric acid. The Intellivision disk still hurts more. I have got to find out how to hook this up to my PC so I can use it with an emulator.

A problem with the system is it lacks some of the better games for the system because they either came from third party publishers, like Activision, or were licensed games, such as Burgertime. But there is still much to love here.

I played a length game of World Championship Baseball with my reluctant brother last night and trounced him soundly as he learned how the game worked again. He did improve, but not enough. I did have help as my nephew played for a bit before giving up when he was beating his dad 15 to zip.

So it's still a fun little system. The same company has flashback consoles for Atari 2600, Colecovision and Sega Genesis, but I think I like the INTY better.

Mike Cl

Quote from: the_antithesis on October 16, 2014, 05:31:17 PM
So I finally got the Intellivision Flashback system and it's pretty cool.

As one might expect, this system is already emulated fairly well, so why bother? Because of the controllers, motherfucker. Those Intellivision controllers are difficult to replicate with a keyboard and mouse. Since the system was built on two-player sports games, it leads to awkward "keyboard twister" when playing. Even then, the control is not the same since that disk directional pad was 16 directions. Keyboards are just not set up to replicate this.

I played it a bit and found some games that were fucking impossible, like Vectron to still be fucking impossible, but I did better than I ever have before. And that disk still fucking kills your thumb faster than any other game controller ever made. No, don't bother trying to tell me about some game that used the edge of a razor blade and sulfuric acid. The Intellivision disk still hurts more. I have got to find out how to hook this up to my PC so I can use it with an emulator.

A problem with the system is it lacks some of the better games for the system because they either came from third party publishers, like Activision, or were licensed games, such as Burgertime. But there is still much to love here.

I played a length game of World Championship Baseball with my reluctant brother last night and trounced him soundly as he learned how the game worked again. He did improve, but not enough. I did have help as my nephew played for a bit before giving up when he was beating his dad 15 to zip.

So it's still a fun little system. The same company has flashback consoles for Atari 2600, Colecovision and Sega Genesis, but I think I like the INTY better.
What a rush of memories!  My dad and I spent many hours playing baseball.  And tournament Shark, Shark!  We played 7/8 games--can't remember them all right now.

GrinningYMIR

I decided to mess with my super Christian friend because he keeps posting bible quotes and things on FB, I just kept quoting Chaplains and Imperial Guards from DoW

Unfortunately...all of his Christian buddies thought I was submitting myself before God

I still laughed though
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Hydra009

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on October 16, 2014, 07:04:16 PM
I decided to mess with my super Christian friend because he keeps posting bible quotes and things on FB, I just kept quoting Chaplains and Imperial Guards from DoW

Unfortunately...all of his Christian buddies thought I was submitting myself before God

I still laughed though
Faith is purest when it is unquestioning.

Solitary

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on October 16, 2014, 07:04:16 PM

I still laughed though
"I have a little faith!" Femme Shep.
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

GrinningYMIR

It is better to die for him, than live for yourself
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Hydra009

Let's talk Steam.  What do you guys think about curators and the discovery queue?

So far, I've looked at 500+ games and said Not Interested to about half of them and I'm following a grand total of about 12.  So...it's looking pretty hit and miss and miss and miss. 

They seem to take perverse pleasure in recommending to me roguelikes and indie stealth puzzlers and every match 3 known to man.  It's like the games library from hell.  In actually, I'm mainly interested in huge open-world RPGs like Skyrim, futuristic RTS games like Dawn of War, and space games like Freelancer.

Out of all the games in the queue, the only one I'm actually prepared to buy in the near future is The Vanishing of Ethan Carter.

_Xenu_

I haven't noticed the curators queue thing specifically, but steam does seem to be recommending alot of stuff I wouldn't buy lately. Most of it in $50 or range or so, where I don't bite anyway.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home