News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrinningYMIR

Quote from: Hydra009 on September 08, 2014, 02:00:26 PM
The ones that I've played often for years:  Red Alert, Generals, Freelancer, Dawn of War, Morrowind, and Skyrim.

You know I've beaten every single last map in Red Alert EXCEPT for the last mission of the allied campaign in Yuri's revenge? Feels weird
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

PickelledEggs

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on September 08, 2014, 01:37:23 PM
Which games have you played the most everybody? for me probably wow
Dota 2.... lol

well.... actually Mariokart 64. I played that game every day after highschool, for the entirety of highschool with my then-friend Chris. We played so much that our skills matched exactly and it got to the point that we would finish a track with exact lap times. I have pictures somewhere

Mike Cl

Desdinova, I still have several of the old AH games, and every few years I'll dust them off, look them over and usually play one--sadly with myself playing both sides. :)  I, too, miss having an opponent sitting across from me.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Desdinova

Quote from: Mike Cl on September 08, 2014, 04:13:27 PM
Desdinova, I still have several of the old AH games, and every few years I'll dust them off, look them over and usually play one--sadly with myself playing both sides. :)  I, too, miss having an opponent sitting across from me.

Sadly, none of mine made it over the years.  I do have a very old Axis & Allies, but it's just not the same as the old hexagonal AH board games.  The last one I remember playing was Starship Troopers.  It was not very good compared to 1776, Panzer Blitz, or 1914.
"How long will we be
Waiting, for your modern messiah
To take away all the hatred
That darkens the light in your eye"
  -Disturbed, Liberate

Shiranu

QuoteWhich games have you played the most everybody? for me probably wow

World of Warcraft, easily. After that... probably Warcraft 3.

In terms of non-Blizzard games, I would guess MW2... me and my friends played that for days upon days upon days in highschool, staying up till like 4 in the morning just demolishing kids.

Edit; OH god, cant believe i Forgot Star Wars Galaxies... easily second place behind WoW, and probably not too far behind either. I also have 800 hours on Civ 5.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Mike Cl

Desdinova, my favs were D-Day, Panzer Blitz and the Civil War.  Hey, if you are ever in my neck of the woods, drop by and we can play a game or two! :)

What games I have played the most?
Skyrim (now modded), Fallout 3 and New Vegas.  Dragon Age got a few hundred hours as well.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Aroura33

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on September 08, 2014, 01:37:23 PM
Which games have you played the most everybody? for me probably wow
Oh my, I think MMO's do have it for me, hands down.  Back in the day, I played Everquest (so aptly and fondly called evercrack for a reason) for over 2 years, and I came back to it between new MMO's as well.  I also play DAoC for about 2 years.  Then each successive MMO I played for less and less time.  Nowadays, an MMO holds my attention for about 2 months if it is good.  For instance, I loved the hell outa Elder Scrolls online for about 6 weeks, then the honeymoon wore off, and I realized it was pretty much just like every other fantasy MMO out there (with just a few cool innovations + a worl we all know and love!), and a couple of weeks later, canceled my sub.   That makes me sad. :(

Other than MMO's, I have spent an enormous amount of time playing strategy and sim games, like Warcraft, StarCraft, Civilizations, every city building game ever made I think, and more recently, the Sims.  We just got the Sims 4 and though it has some issues, I really love a lot of the redesign.

Still, I'll say of all games I ever played, I think I  have spent the most in either Everquest or Wow. I'm a girl gamer for life.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.  LLAP"
Leonard Nimoy

Mr.Obvious

I played the so much 'halo: combat evolved' that I don't even want to know how many hours i wasted on that game. On the one hand; well wasted because I had so much fun with it, but on the other hand; damn younger me, you could have been doing something. :p
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Aroura33 on September 08, 2014, 05:40:32 PM
Oh my, I think MMO's do have it for me, hands down.  Back in the day, I played Everquest (so aptly and fondly called evercrack for a reason) for over 2 years, and I came back to it between new MMO's as well.  I also play DAoC for about 2 years.  Then each successive MMO I played for less and less time.  Nowadays, an MMO holds my attention for about 2 months if it is good.  For instance, I loved the hell outa Elder Scrolls online for about 6 weeks, then the honeymoon wore off, and I realized it was pretty much just like every other fantasy MMO out there (with just a few cool innovations + a worl we all know and love!), and a couple of weeks later, canceled my sub.   That makes me sad. :(

Other than MMO's, I have spent an enormous amount of time playing strategy and sim games, like Warcraft, StarCraft, Civilizations, every city building game ever made I think, and more recently, the Sims.  We just got the Sims 4 and though it has some issues, I really love a lot of the redesign.

Still, I'll say of all games I ever played, I think I  have spent the most in either Everquest or Wow. I'm a girl gamer for life.

Hahaha that picture is hilarous (not to mention, the girl gamer is always the better of the two. ALWAYS.

Speaking of ESO, I hear that it was made by the same people that made DAoC. My friend played that and wen't VR2 in about a month and a half and was ranked in the 70s for PvP world-wide haha.

GrinningYMIR

Quote from: Aroura33 on September 08, 2014, 05:40:32 PM

I remember Everquest, my dad used to play it a lot, though its not as fun with the current amount of people, who are all high level, leaving the other areas sadly empty

girl gamers are indeed attractive, but then again I have a weakness for several types  of women, so my opinions may be er...biased
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

PickelledEggs

Grinning!!! get on Dota lol

My friend and I need more skilled people for our team fights

_Xenu_

Quote from: PickelledEggs on September 08, 2014, 02:32:41 PM
Dota 2.... lol

well.... actually Mariokart 64. I played that game every day after highschool, for the entirety of highschool with my then-friend Chris. We played so much that our skills matched exactly and it got to the point that we would finish a track with exact lap times. I have pictures somewhere
That describes me perfectly, but I had the 16 version.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

GrinningYMIR

blaaah, you wouldn't want a rookie anyway

Howwver, I did buy LA Noire for 5 bucks yesterday, and I am debating getting worms beore that sale goes away

PickelledEggs

Fair enough, grinning lol.

And xenu. I am so upset because my controller's joystick broke. I need to get new OEM joysticks to fix them and I am soooooo upset. It's really bad. MK64 4life

GrinningYMIR

So Microsoft is offering 2 billion for Minecraft