News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Quote from: Shiranu on September 06, 2014, 02:29:31 PM
Trying to decide if I will get destiny or nhl....
The first one.

Shiranu

Yeah, probably will go with it. I haven't had a good sci-fi game in ages... don't know if it will be good, but at least should get me that sci-fi I need in my life.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Mr.Obvious

22 euro's in total

Goddamn, I love fleamarkets.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

GrinningYMIR

Every time I say "No, no more games, not spending any more money right now" Steam goes and offers a game that's usually 30, for 5. And I just hand them more of my money
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Mike Cl

Games are the only legit use of computers. :))  I grew up on board games from Avalon Hill--yep, just dated myself. :)  When I found Steel Panthers for the PC I thought I had died and gone to heaven.  Loved it.  Then I found RPG's--D&D come to life. :)  My favs now are Fallout 3, New Vegas and Skyrim.  Rage was interesting, but the end was fairly lame.  A couple of years ago I stumbled upon Steam.  Hated the concept at first;  I don't like MMO's and the such--I like to play on my PC when I want, solo.  Steam seemed to be too controlling--liked the idea of having my own disc, since that way I can reload without a hassle if I need to.  But I have since made peace with the place and have 18 games downloaded--Dark Souls was the last download and after I get done with Skyrim I'll tackle that one.  I have started modding Skyrim with Steam's help--that changes the game totally--one can have a totally different gaming experience when adding mods.  Now I need to learn to mod with Nexus and add them to Fallout 3 and New Vegas.  I have been rather afraid to tackle modding--heard many, many horror stories attached to them.  But the payoff I think would be great.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Jmpty

Quote from: Shiranu on September 06, 2014, 02:29:31 PM
Trying to decide if I will get destiny or nhl....

I played the Destiny Beta. Pretty cool.
???  ??

Hydra009

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on September 07, 2014, 07:04:06 PM
Every time I say "No, no more games, not spending any more money right now" Steam goes and offers a game that's usually 30, for 5. And I just hand them more of my money
I've been having the opposite problem lately.  There are a couple games I really want but they very rarely go on sale.

Hydra009

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on September 07, 2014, 12:29:19 PMGoddamn, I love fleamarkets.
I love Blades of Steel!  First fighting game I ever played.  Threw more punches than a Kool-aid delivery guy.  Good times.

Do yourself a favor and get Snake Rattle and Roll if you can as well.  It was an incredibly silly but fun game.

Mr.Obvious

Heh, nice :p I'll keep an eye out for that one.
Me and a friend of mine actually bought this nintendo and games together; each for eleven euro's. He's at least ten times more into retro-gaming, so i'll show him this to keep an eye out for. If we ever find it and do a play of it on our youtube channel, I'll let you know what we thought of it. But it does look silly and fun. And we'll play blades of steel, hopefully soon. We thought it was a sportsgame :o
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

GrinningYMIR

"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Hydra009

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on September 08, 2014, 03:28:37 AMAnd we'll play blades of steel, hopefully soon. We thought it was a sportsgame :o
It is a sports game.  It's hockey.  You know, boxing.

Desdinova

Quote from: Mike Cl on September 07, 2014, 07:33:05 PM
Games are the only legit use of computers. :))  I grew up on board games from Avalon Hill--yep, just dated myself. :)  When I found Steel Panthers for the PC I thought I had died and gone to heaven.  Loved it.  Then I found RPG's--D&D come to life. :)  My favs now are Fallout 3, New Vegas and Skyrim.  Rage was interesting, but the end was fairly lame.  A couple of years ago I stumbled upon Steam.  Hated the concept at first;  I don't like MMO's and the such--I like to play on my PC when I want, solo.  Steam seemed to be too controlling--liked the idea of having my own disc, since that way I can reload without a hassle if I need to.  But I have since made peace with the place and have 18 games downloaded--Dark Souls was the last download and after I get done with Skyrim I'll tackle that one.  I have started modding Skyrim with Steam's help--that changes the game totally--one can have a totally different gaming experience when adding mods.  Now I need to learn to mod with Nexus and add them to Fallout 3 and New Vegas.  I have been rather afraid to tackle modding--heard many, many horror stories attached to them.  But the payoff I think would be great.

i loved those avalon hill games.  i have many fond memories of spending hours in my friend's basement playing those things.  now i do the samething with computer games, and even though you can play online with friends, i still miss being side by side in the same room trying to conquer each other.  very good times indeed.
"How long will we be
Waiting, for your modern messiah
To take away all the hatred
That darkens the light in your eye"
  -Disturbed, Liberate

GrinningYMIR

Which games have you played the most everybody? for me probably wow

Hydra009

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on September 08, 2014, 08:58:48 AM

Imperial Guard, Attack!
I have the Imperial Infrantryman's Uplifting Primer.  It's an extremely basic field manual slash propaganda leaflet.  Some of it is actually good advice, but a lot of it is inaccurate or outright lies (particularly with regards to xenos).  But the best part is what's left unsaid.  They really have no idea what they're getting into.

Hydra009

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on September 08, 2014, 01:37:23 PMWhich games have you played the most everybody? for me probably wow
The ones that I've played often for years:  Red Alert, Generals, Freelancer, Dawn of War, Morrowind, and Skyrim.