News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Quote from: _Xenu_ on August 30, 2014, 10:01:50 AMAnd on a related note, does anyone here play the Walking Dead or The Wolf Among us from Telltale games?
I played the first Walking Dead.  It was alright.  Got stuck a couple times, but eventually figured it out.  I also managed to piss just about everyone off by being my normal candid and matter-of-fact self rather than telling people what they want to hear - art imitates life, heh.  The moments when the zombies are right on top of you were pretty damn scary.  It's worth a couple bucks when it goes on sale, but I wouldn't buy it at fully price.

Munch

If Wolf among us drops in price I may well download it, have wanted to buy that for ages but never the money.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

_Xenu_

Quote from: Munch on August 30, 2014, 11:39:23 AM
If Wolf among us drops in price I may well download it, have wanted to buy that for ages but never the money.
That's understandable, but it may be awhile before it goes on sale. Even older Telltale games seem to be rather fully priced, but if you wait until season two comes out, they'll probably drop the cost of the first season for a little while.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

_Xenu_

Quote from: Hydra009 on August 30, 2014, 11:03:11 AM
I played the first Walking Dead.  It was alright.  Got stuck a couple times, but eventually figured it out.  I also managed to piss just about everyone off by being my normal candid and matter-of-fact self rather than telling people what they want to hear - art imitates life, heh.  The moments when the zombies are right on top of you were pretty damn scary.  It's worth a couple bucks when it goes on sale, but I wouldn't buy it at fully price.
I don't know how you played through that without getting very emotionally involved with the characters.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Hydra009

Quote from: _Xenu_ on August 30, 2014, 03:01:06 PMI don't know how you played through that without getting very emotionally involved with the characters.
*shrugs*  I liked Clementine.  But Hershel and most of the others were jerkwads.  Also, I may have gone a little carried away and went overkill on one of the zombies.  Ooopsie.  Heh.

"____ will remember that" really freaks me out because I expect some sort of repercussion but I haven't really noticed it changing anything.  I also may have helped someone off herself.  I clicked it accidentally, I swear.

I don't get too teary-eyed about the characters because I know most of the characters are simply going to die regardless.  Other than that, I played it pretty much like I would normally react to stuff.

My zombie dream team is Shane, Daryl, Merle, Maggie, and Michonne.  No heroics.  Exterminate all reds with prejudice.  Rebuild brick by brick.

GrinningYMIR

I enjoyed the walkingdeaf and the wolf among us, good stories on both

Been playing a lot of Civ V recently, fun game for the most part
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

GrinningYMIR

"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

PureEvil

I am a gamer for life, I run a Minecraft server for PC right now. I play Farming Simulator and I love my xbox - Gears of war, skyrim, fable, and almost anything else lol

Hydra009

World of Tanks:

By myself:
Round 1:  blindly stumble down a sidestreet, get rekt by two t-18s and a pz2.  First casualty of the match.  Draw.
Round 2:  kill 4 enemies without support, accumulate lots of damage and eventually they kill me from attrition.  Defeat.
Round 3:  no kills, cap enemy base to 80% with friendlies backing me up.  Half the enemy team charges us from multiple flanks.  Annihilated.  Defeat.
Round 4:  get behind massive rock, completely hidden from enemy.  Inexplicably explode.  Victory.
Round 5:  guard western front.  All quiet.  Two friendly-fire deaths.  Victory.

With roommate teammate:
Round 1:  kill 2 and he kills two.  Victory.
Round 2:  kill 4 and he dies.  Victory.
Round 3:  brew up a leichttraktor and ammo rack a t57.  Victory.
Round 4:  snipe a Chi-Ha and supporting uc 2-pdr and cap.  Roommate covers me from afar.  Victory.
Round 5:  go to bathroom.  Victory.

MRW:[spoiler][/spoiler]

GrinningYMIR

Hydra009

I just feel bad for that Pred and blessed dreadnought.  Machine God have mercy.  Also, blindly charging ork positions is suicidal, even for Space Marines.  The greatest advantage (and disadvantage) of the orks is they're spoiling for a fight.  Goad them into a killing field instead of charging them.

GrinningYMIR

I always had a problem with that too, they went from their cover to a blind charge against a fortified position against an enemy that would absolutely love that, bad tactics. Especially with reinforcements coming in. They lost a Predator and a Holy Venerable Dreadnought, though their sacrifice was glorious, it was wasted. The Machine God will not be please

Hydra009

One of the most beautiful things I've seen in Dawn of War is a battery of Imperial Guard basilisks and mobs of guardsmen equipped with plasma pistols chewing through a massive ork army.

GrinningYMIR

*manly tears* That sounds...beautiful

Solitary

I still play Mass Effect Trilogy because every time I play it with different characters, it is different, and everything changes. With my upgraded graphics card the graphics are stupendous, even on number one. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.