News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on August 04, 2014, 05:29:38 PMYeah, I'm thinking of buying it, but I don't know if I'm in the mood to play
No matter the mood, there is only war.

PickelledEggs

Valve released an alpha to make custom stuff (and game modes) for DOTA2 Awwweee yeeeeaaaa

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/discussions/-1/35220315609182517/?appid=570

Shiranu

Just got FEZ for free on my PS4, so I have that going for me which is nice.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Shiranu on August 09, 2014, 03:06:55 AM
Just got FEZ for free on my PS4, so I have that going for me which is nice.
FEZ for free? You lucked out. That is an excellent game.

Sent from your mom

kilodelta

Has anyone play South Park Stick of Truth?

I'm wondering if it's worth 40 bucks. I could wait for it to drop in price.
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

Mr.Obvious

It certainly looks like fun; but I'm waiting till I get my hands on a cheap second-hand copy.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Shiranu

I have watched a playthrough of it and it looks both fun and funny,  but that seems like too much for it.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

kilodelta

Thanks. I'll hold off until it goes on sale.

the_antithesis

So, I decided to get a USB controller for my laptop for playing games and shit. I checked out the prices and they are fucking ridiculous. I had heard that Xbox controllers will work for Windows right out of the box (once it downloads the drivers) but those are fucking ridiculous, too. Even the third party controllers, many of which look stupid. I had also heard that PS3 controllers will work, but it'll take a bit of effort to get them to work. There are some decently priced third party PS3 controllers, so I decided to go that route. So I downloaded the myriad utilities that I'll need to use to get this fucking thing to fucking work and bought a Snakebyte PS3 controller from Walmart.

I got on wi-fi and settled in for a lengthy session of frustration, plugged it in and a window popped up saying "downloading drivers." "What?" I said. "Drivers successfully installed," it replied. So it automatically installed drivers for a PS3 controller. Son of a bitch. Well, at least it worked and I didn't have to fight with it.

So, how well does it work?

The Snakebyte is functional enough, I suppose, but I don't really like it. It doesn't feel very nice in my hands. The plastic feels a bit on the cheap side. I really dislike the gravis pad, the cross shaped movement control. The "like four buttons" design is uncomfortable and can dig a bit after a while. Also the analog sticks feel loose and don't feel very nice. FUnctional, but not ideal.

So I picked up a Nyco Core Controller from Target for around the same price.

Fuck you. I like red.

This one is much better. The plastic is still a little creaky, but that may be just what plastic is like these days. The controller is a better shape to fit my girly, pickpocket's hands. The gravis pad is a more comfortable solid cross that has a curved indent in the center. And the analog sticks have a bit of resistance to them, making them feel a a bit sturdier with better control. I think they're a little shorter as well, so i don't have to move them as far as on the Snakebyte.

So I'm happier with the Nyko Core Controller. I still have both, I guess. If I get a girlfriend, I'll make her use the Snakebyte because I am a dick like that.

PickelledEggs

There is this early access game Unturned out on Steam it's a free to play minecraft style zombie survival game. I'm about to try it http://store.steampowered.com/app/304930/?snr=1_200_200_Free+to+Play_tab-NewReleasesFilteredDLC_1

kilodelta

_Xenu_

Quote from: kilodelta on August 09, 2014, 03:28:53 PM
Has anyone play South Park Stick of Truth?

I'm wondering if it's worth 40 bucks. I could wait for it to drop in price.
I've played it through, but found the controls unintuitive and frustrating more than a few times. Having said that, the games designers are clearly long time fans of the show and include more than a few amusing appearances.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Shiranu

Started playing the free game SCP-Containment Breach. Have I mentioned horror games scare the shit out me? Yeah... no bueno...

_Xenu_

Quote from: Shiranu on August 11, 2014, 06:45:10 PM
Started playing the free game SCP-Containment Breach. Have I mentioned horror games scare the shit out me? Yeah... no bueno...
Then definitely don't go anywhere near this game. Just don't. There's no way to fight enemies here, you can only run. Did I mention you usually can't see, and they'll pull you out from under beds and open lockers you hide in?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/238320/

Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

GrinningYMIR

Yes, -play outlast Shiranu, and maybe Vanish

But defininately Outlast

maybe Amnesia too
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit