News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aroura33

I'm trying Wildstar right now. It's kind of meh.  The housing is neat, but the crafting (mostly) is horrid.  Questing is totally uninspired. Combat is fun though, and all of the classes feel very unique.  If you can get past, or actually enjoy the cartoony style, it's not a bad game.  It's nice to have interactive combat, though the telegraphing can get a little out of hand.

I also tried Elder Scrolls Online.  I loved it level 1 through 50, played it like I haven't played a game in years.  Then I hit vet levels, and it was like a boring Asian grinder, only with less rewards. lol.  I still hope they can fix it, but I'm those hopes aren't high.  Still, for 2 months, it was a damn good game (combat was good, graphics are nice, crafting is actually useful, though inventory management is the worst of any game ever).
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.  LLAP"
Leonard Nimoy

Nam

I just got Resident Evil 0, and Prince of Persia: Sands of Time for my GameCube (I do have a PS3, and the original Nintendo, and an Atari from the early 80's), I read the latter is a good game. I do like the movie.

-Nam
Mad cow disease...it's not just for cows, or the mad!

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Aroura33 on June 24, 2014, 11:57:33 PM
I'm trying Wildstar right now. It's kind of meh.  The housing is neat, but the crafting (mostly) is horrid.  Questing is totally uninspired. Combat is fun though, and all of the classes feel very unique.  If you can get past, or actually enjoy the cartoony style, it's not a bad game.  It's nice to have interactive combat, though the telegraphing can get a little out of hand.

I also tried Elder Scrolls Online.  I loved it level 1 through 50, played it like I haven't played a game in years.  Then I hit vet levels, and it was like a boring Asian grinder, only with less rewards. lol.  I still hope they can fix it, but I'm those hopes aren't high.  Still, for 2 months, it was a damn good game (combat was good, graphics are nice, crafting is actually useful, though inventory management is the worst of any game ever).

My friend was playing ESO for a while. In about a month he made it his levels and also reached veteran rank 2. He was also ranked 70 in pvp. He loved that game.

Sent from your mom

Sal1981

I'm writing a RP story, based around RuneScape. I need (more) professional help.

Mr.Obvious

Want me to google you a psychiatrist?  :dance:
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Shiranu

Quote from: Nam on June 25, 2014, 01:09:25 AM
I just got Resident Evil 0, and Prince of Persia: Sands of Time for my GameCube (I do have a PS3, and the original Nintendo, and an Atari from the early 80's), I read the latter is a good game. I do like the movie.

-Nam

I loved Prince of Persia :D.

On the topic of older games... Half Life... kinda over-rated... I am tempted to go back and play it again, but meh...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Nam

Mad cow disease...it's not just for cows, or the mad!

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Nam on June 25, 2014, 01:49:29 PM
I like Half-Life.

-Nam
I never played halflife... :redface:

I play a lot of Dota 2 though (which actually has nothing to do with halflife...)

Shiranu

Quote from: Nam on June 25, 2014, 01:49:29 PM
I like Half-Life.

-Nam

I don't think it's bad, don't get me wrong... it's just people act like its the most amazing game of all time, and that Half Life 3 will cause the respawn of Cristo because it's continuing the Half Life series and I just feel like... calm down, dog. Calm down.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Shiranu on June 25, 2014, 02:39:36 PM
I don't think it's bad, don't get me wrong... it's just people act like its the most amazing game of all time, and that Half Life 3 will cause the respawn of Cristo because it's continuing the Half Life series and I just feel like... calm down, dog. Calm down.

Even if Halflife 1 and 2 were the greatest games ever made... no matter how good HL3 is, it will NEVER live up to the hype that people have made of it. HL3 will be a major failure and everyone will be disappointed that had unrealistic high hopes for it. I think Valve knows this and that's why it will never be made.

Shiranu

But... it's been confirmed...

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Shiranu on June 25, 2014, 03:06:41 PM
But... it's been confirmed...
lol Do you know it took me 3 months of wondering what "it's been confirmed" stuff around the internet is before it finally bugged me enough to look it up? :lol:

GrinningYMIR

Pickel knows what the half life 3 meme means now, it took him 3 months to find it. Three months is one month short of 4 months which is a third of a year. One year times 3 is the amount of time that has been totally spent by north amerixan players playing the TF mod of half life 1

Half life 3 confirmed
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

PickelledEggs

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on June 25, 2014, 10:31:37 PM
Pickel knows what the half life 3 meme means now, it took him 3 months to find it. Three months is one month short of 4 months which is a third of a year. One year times 3 is the amount of time that has been totally spent by north amerixan players playing the TF mod of half life 1

Half life 3 confirmed
My post count is in the 3000s. HL3 confirmed

GrinningYMIR

I farmed 120 adamantine bars today, that gave me 15 adamantine battle axes, one fifth of 15 is 3, I also sold those axes for 8 gold each, which added up to 100 gold, 4 of which I spent on repairs. That left me with 96 total gold maid. 96 is 32 times more than 3

Half life three confirmed
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit