Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrinningYMIR

DA 2 sucked

DA:O was awesome

Mass Effect was freakin great...mostly
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Shiranu

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on May 09, 2014, 01:56:36 PM
DA 2 sucked

Ok cool. I'll just read a summary of DA: 2s story then.

As for ME... the second one was just... meh, imo. It was solid, but not great.
The third one was good, taking good things from both 1 and 2 and mixed them together but just wasn't as great of story as ME1s. The feels though in ME3 hit pretty hard.
ME1 had the worst game play if you are a straight action/shooter fan, but it was the most rpg-y of the 3 and easily had the best story.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

GrinningYMIR

1 was the best epic feeling, epic as in open

2 was the best combat and I liked the characters, plus it had the best ending scenes.

3 had good combat and feels, and music. I didn't like the ending but all of the DLC's were solid
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

PickelledEggs

Shiranu

Decided to start an elf to get a different perspective of what's going on... and as I am learning about their lore, I find something interesting...

There was a clan of human berserkers who share my name.

Given how rare my name is, this makes me very... very happy ;D.

Edit: Originally I said Elven... apparently they were human. This makes me sadder :(.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

PickelledEggs

I just started playing Transistor. Aside from it being an amazing game, the soundtrack is awesome as well. The singer.... her voice... woah. Just. Woah

Solitary

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on May 09, 2014, 01:56:36 PM
DA 2 sucked

Sacrilege! How dare you! I'm taking back my harem! You broke the contract that says the trilogy is the best ever.  Boo! He! He! Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

GrinningYMIR

Quote from: Solitary on May 28, 2014, 05:11:05 PM
Sacrilege! How dare you! I'm taking back my harem! You broke the contract that says the trilogy is the best ever.  Boo! He! He! Solitary

I never said it wasn't the best ever! I said it was great MOSTLY, there is exactly one thing I don't like about it!

I'm keeping the women dammit!

Agramon

You guys see that the Blizzcon Hearthstone tournament has a grand prize of $100,000 for first place? That escalated quickly.
"And, tricked by our own early dream
And need of solace, we grew self-deceived,
Our making soon our maker did we deem,
And what we had imagined we believed."
- Thomas Hardy

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Agramon on May 29, 2014, 03:41:00 PM
You guys see that the Blizzcon Hearthstone tournament has a grand prize of $100,000 for first place? That escalated quickly.
wow. That did escalate quickly... :lol: when did hearthstone come out? This year?

Sent via your mom.

PickelledEggs

https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/buy/battlefield-3/pc-download/base-game/standard-edition

Battlefield 3 is free right now. It looks like if you add it to your Origin library, it will stay there, but you have to do it before June 3rd

Agramon

Quote from: PickelledEggs on May 29, 2014, 03:46:09 PM
wow. That did escalate quickly... :lol: when did hearthstone come out? This year?

Sent via your mom.

Yeah! I guess they must be making a shit ton off of it.
"And, tricked by our own early dream
And need of solace, we grew self-deceived,
Our making soon our maker did we deem,
And what we had imagined we believed."
- Thomas Hardy

Jutter

Recommended by SvZurich (thx Kimmy)
INGRESS

This as much a game of domination as golden board-oldies like Monopoly and Risk. The strategic points to capture and upgrade are called "portals", but here's the kicker:

these portals are represented by landmarks IN THE REAL WORLD, and you need to be in spitting-range to "hack" them with your smartphone. This game uses GPS and will force you off your butt, by sending you all over town. Also a cool way to explore new places when you travel.
(free app, free to play)
No religion for me thank you very much; I 'm full of shit enough as it is.

Being flabbergasted about existence never made anyone disappear in a poof of flabbergas, so nevermind why we're here. We ARE here.

GrinningYMIR

I believe I'm going to try fallout again, recently I've become stuck on the same few games instead of erring new ones like I used to, so I'm going to go around and buy new Ames and such, might get wolfenstein because that looks good, and eventually when I build my PC, I'm going to get a steam account. YES

Shiranu

I... still have not gotten past the first city of dragon age (after the starting zone)...

I really, really like the game but... I have been distracted by Smite and I can't decide on what class I want to be. But then at the same time it doesn't really matter what class I am since it's a team-based party... but I still want MY character to look like a badass... but I want it to be fun as well...