News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

That looks pretty bad ass. 4xs 4tw.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

PickelledEggs

PickelledEggs

So... I just got Rust on steam.

In ONE HOUR. I got killed by a wolf, killed by a bear, killed by a bow and arrow, shot in the head with an M4, and killed with a stone hatchet...

And then I poisoned myself with chicken breast...

Shiranu

Quote from: PickelledEggs on May 02, 2014, 07:23:16 PM
Does anyone play Smite?

Da, I do. Mahafsoun (yes, I stole the name...) if you want to add me.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

the_antithesis

Now available for pre-order:

Fuck, yeah. The company that makes the Atari Flashback consoles is now branching out to other systems of the early 80's. I hope they make one for the Odyssey2 with the accoutrements to play their Master Challenge series that combined a board game with the video game. It would be interesting to have.

I'll likely get both of these, but I think the Intellivision one is more interesting to me. I've played both systems in real life and in emulation and the Colecovision was just a more powerful system with better arcade ports. A useless feature so long as MAME exists. Intellivision had a more strategy-based style to their gameplay that I found refreshing. Pity the best games for the system, namely Burgertime and Tron Deadly Disks won't be included due to licensing rights.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Shiranu on May 03, 2014, 05:17:34 AM
Da, I do. Mahafsoun (yes, I stole the name...) if you want to add me.
Saweeeeet
will do

Elect

I've been playing Skyrim for the last 5 months. And I've never played a better game. ever. I've played Fallout 3 and I liked it, but Skyrim is such a better game to me. Since you guys seem to have more experience with RPGs... is there another game that matches Skyrim? and is there a another company that does RPGs at the level of Bethesda? I like the sandbox aspect the best. I don't like not being able to choose my narrative.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Elect on May 05, 2014, 11:31:03 PM
I've been playing Skyrim for the last 5 months. And I've never played a better game. ever. I've played Fallout 3 and I liked it, but Skyrim is such a better game to me. Since you guys seem to have more experience with RPGs... is there another game that matches Skyrim? and is there a another company that does RPGs at the level of Bethesda? I like the sandbox aspect the best. I don't like not being able to choose my narrative.
I should reinstall skyrim.

I've been playing Rust lately. It is the single most addicting and frustrating thing I've ever played. I put in about 20 hours since Saturday morning. All I want to do is build my house and a sleeping bag, but I keep getting killed.

I finally hit the point where I seriously need a break from Rust and now I can get back to my work.

But Yeah. Try Rust. You may like it. It's a survival game that has some minecraft elements, but it's way more intense.

Sent via your mom

Elect

Ok, Id never read up on it before. Now I get why people go to work and go home to play Rust.

PickelledEggs

I'm going to be streaming Goat Simulator for a little while. If you want to see total goat destruction, here is my twitch http://www.twitch.tv/pickelledeggs

PickelledEggs

Quote from: PickelledEggs on May 06, 2014, 04:40:43 PM
I'm going to be streaming Goat Simulator for a little while. If you want to see total goat destruction, here is my twitch http://www.twitch.tv/pickelledeggs
Total domination

Hydra009

Quote from: Elect on May 05, 2014, 11:31:03 PM
It's tricky to say.  When you say RPG, do you include JRPGs?  Hack-n-slash?  MMORPGs?  RPG/FPS?

The Elder Scrolls does have a really nice niche (Morrowind is pretty good too, very atmospheric and fantastic lore, though Skyrim admittedly has a much better combat system and quest log), but there are other really great RPGs out there.  A few that are definitely worth a try are Kotor, Neverwinter Nights, the Diablo series, the Witcher series, and the Mass Effect series.

Shiranu

On topic of RPGs... just bought Dragon Age: Origins for 7.49 (29.99 normally) w/ all DLC on steam. I remember people mentioning it, but I cant remember if you guys liked it or not... but the reviews I see for it are great, so I am giving it a go. Hoping my comp. can handle it.

If you want an RPG, KotOR (the original) it's hands down the best I have ever played (I am a huge star wars expanded universe nerd though, so I am biased in favour of it). Mass Effect is great too, though it went down hill after the first one.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Shiranu on May 09, 2014, 01:19:03 PM
On topic of RPGs... just bought Dragon Age: Origins for 7.49 (29.99 normally) w/ all DLC on steam. I remember people mentioning it, but I cant remember if you guys liked it or not... but the reviews I see for it are great, so I am giving it a go. Hoping my comp. can handle it.

If you want an RPG, KotOR (the original) it's hands down the best I have ever played (I am a huge star wars expanded universe nerd though, so I am biased in favour of it). Mass Effect is great too, though it went down hill after the first one.
Dragon Age origins is great

Shiranu

Have you played DA: 2? I am thinking of skipping it, would I miss too much if I just read a synopsis of it before moving on to AD: Inquisition?