News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Happy Winter Solstice

Started by Cavebear, December 21, 2018, 01:32:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

May all my atheists friends have a very Happy Winter Solstice.  It is based on a natural event.  It IS the actual reason for the season and for all the fake copycat religious holidays, after all.

I decorated the house in blue LED lights, put a wreath and a big bold red ribbons on the front door, and attached cuttings from my holly trees on the front steps and mailbox post.

I enjoy this day for the knowledge that the days will grow longer.  I enjoy this day knowing that Spring is coming and planting season will begin soon.

May all my friends here have a Wonderful New Year...

Cavebear
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Yes.  But observing an essentially pagan holiday, who should we sacrifice?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

SoldierofFortune

Thx Cave. for your wishes.
i wish the same for you.

there are some special times in the year. this solstice is one of them and is a right time to make a new beginning. i am making a new beginning quitting my bad habits and putting instead of them new beneficial ones...

besides, i am especially excited tonight. my exam result had been announced. i am 74th amongst 60k people. i made my choices in goverment institutions to be a civil servant and it will be explained to where i am gonna be employed... two days later...

Unbeliever

I'm glad to have the solstice to celebrate, otherwise I'd be completely bereft of a holiday! I hope you all are having as good a day as am I!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cavebear

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on December 21, 2018, 01:25:40 PM
Thx Cave. for your wishes.
i wish the same for you.

there are some special times in the year. this solstice is one of them and is a right time to make a new beginning. i am making a new beginning quitting my bad habits and putting instead of them new beneficial ones...

besides, i am especially excited tonight. my exam result had been announced. i am 74th amongst 60k people. i made my choices in goverment institutions to be a civil servant and it will be explained to where i am gonna be employed... two days later...

Thank you, Soldier.  74h of 60,000?  Damn good!  Even spectacular.  I understand that.  I took the US Civil Service Exam and scored at the 99th percentile in 2 categories in 6 subjects.  It got me a temp job, but that was all I needed.  The Division Director offerred me a permanent one after 4 weeks, which led to a career and I loved it all!

The starting opportunity is the important thing.

May your test results be equally rewarding...

aitm

meh.

:P~

huh...my smiley's are not workin....huh....

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Cavebear

Quote from: aitm on December 21, 2018, 01:37:33 PM
meh.
:P~

huh...my smiley's are not workin....huh....

When anyone does well on a general test, I'll applaud the person.  I think general intelligence is more useful than specific intelligence, "generally".  Obviously, if you want to build a bridge you need specific intelligence. But the first bridges came from generally smart people.  Specialization comes later when society can support it.