News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hi

Started by Arik, December 23, 2018, 10:31:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackleaf

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 28, 2019, 01:19:24 PM
So, Arik, have you done research on the pineal gland? Or have you just been told stuff about it by someone you think you can trust to know what they're talking about?

We all know the answer to that question. There are neuroscientists who study these things for a living, but he thinks his yoga instructor knows better.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on March 28, 2019, 01:51:09 PM
We all know the answer to that question. There are neuroscientists who study these things for a living, but he thinks his yoga instructor knows better.

Like this one?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2719544/

Or this one?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5870875/
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Neither of those appear to have anything at all to say about the pineal gland. So what's your point?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 28, 2019, 07:02:46 PM
Neither of those appear to have anything at all to say about the pineal gland. So what's your point?

Psychiatry supports some some Eastern medical views.  It gives general support, not specific support.

Of course, psychiatry isn't a real science, so you can debunk them if you want to.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Nah, it's not worth my time to debunk spychiatry.
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 28, 2019, 07:58:06 PM
Nah, it's not worth my time to debunk spychiatry.

Said by someone who might be in need ;-)  I have that need too, but who can afford it?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

What need would that be?
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 28, 2019, 08:11:18 PM
What need would that be?

You claim to be very happy.  I think that means you are not well.  I am fairly unhappy.  I call that realistic.  But I could use some free help in dealing with that reality.  And I do, I have a good confidant at work, who counsels for free.  I hope you have someone similar, to bounce the crazier ideas off of.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on March 28, 2019, 09:12:24 PM
  I am fairly unhappy.  I call that realistic. 
I call that your choice.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on March 28, 2019, 09:51:52 PM
I call that your choice.

Can you choose to be happy?  Maybe with chemical substances?  Or are you saying, denial of reality (Hillary lost) is the way forward?

BTW - polls show, Michelle Obama is the immediate front runner for the D-party if she chooses to run ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on March 29, 2019, 03:17:55 AM
Can you choose to be happy?  Maybe with chemical substances?  Or are you saying, denial of reality (Hillary lost) is the way forward?

BTW - polls show, Michelle Obama is the immediate front runner for the D-party if she chooses to run ;-)
To be happy?  What is happy?  Can I choose to be satisfied/content?  Yeah.  The choice is yours.  Denial of reality?  What is reality?  Your reality is what you chose to think it is.  Stated another way--the universe is what it is.  It does not care what you think or feel; it is not able to think at all, and just is.  So, what you chose to think of as your reality is your reality. 

BTW, if Michele ran for president, I'd vote for her!  If she ran for anything, I'd vote for her. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Arik

Quote from: Blackleaf on March 28, 2019, 01:51:09 PM

Neuroscientists study while yoga is all about practice.

Now you tell me one thing BL.
Who will get there first?
The one who study or the one who do practice?   

Let me see if you are smart.

When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you’re the one smiling and everyone around you is crying. Tulsi Das

Arik

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 28, 2019, 07:02:46 PM

Meditation is similar to an art.

Any art will take you to a certain goal but in order to get at the end or at the arrival point a person must struggle a lot and only when you practice for long time you start to see the arrival point.
In the beginning you see nothing or little so obviously the links that Baruch show us are all about experiments done by people who try to get something out their experiments.

If you really want to understand about the role and connection of the pineal gland you got to practice, practice and more practice.

After this you will be able to understand what the pineal gland is all about.

Raffaello, Michelangelo, Beethoven, Mozart and other great people practice and practice in previous lives before they could pop up in that life and perform so well.
All depend on practice to advance in a particular art or field that is why atheists that do not practice can not understand anything about the role that the pineal gland has.
When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you’re the one smiling and everyone around you is crying. Tulsi Das

Cavebear

Quote from: Arik on March 29, 2019, 09:39:41 AM

Neuroscientists study while yoga is all about practice.

Now you tell me one thing BL.
Who will get there first?
The one who study or the one who do practice?   

Let me see if you are smart.

Get WHERE first?  Is stretching your body via yoga exercises teaching you facts you can use in understanding the universe around you in some way?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 29, 2019, 12:20:24 PM
Get WHERE first?  Is stretching your body via yoga exercises teaching you facts you can use in understanding the universe around you in some way?

Physical muscle stretching is Hatha Yoga.  Yoga is much more than that, it includes stretching mental muscles.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.