News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hi

Started by Arik, December 23, 2018, 10:31:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arik

Miles and miles of theory and intellectual jargon and still zero practice.

How sad.

When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you’re the one smiling and everyone around you is crying. Tulsi Das

Baruch

Quote from: Arik on February 23, 2019, 09:43:40 AM
Miles and miles of theory and intellectual jargon and still zero practice.

How sad.

People who live in their head ... Vulcans.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Arik

Quote from: Baruch on February 23, 2019, 09:57:49 AM
People who live in their head ... Vulcans.

I close my eyes.

I can hear the sound of the universe.
There is life in it.
The sound never stop.
The life never stop.
It is eternal.
It is calling us all.

It was calling millions years ago and will call millions years in the future.

Thanks father.

When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you’re the one smiling and everyone around you is crying. Tulsi Das

Baruch

Materialists are one-dimensional in a multi-dimensional world.  No wonder they surrender so easily, so French of them.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Arik

Quote from: Baruch on February 23, 2019, 10:35:10 AM
Materialists are one-dimensional in a multi-dimensional world.  No wonder they surrender so easily, so French of them.

What a terrible waste (for them of course).

It took millions of years to be lifted into humanity from lower form of lives to this high degree of consciousness and now when they are so close to the goal of life they go blind within and think that life end right here with this physical death.

I just can not believe it.

Baruch

Excessive individualism.  I am not my own, I am part of humanity, both now and into the distant past.  I am what my ancestors dreams of, I am what my contemporaries hope will support them.  If one is sociopathic, then one doesn't see that.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

If consciousness doesn't need the brain, then why didn't humans have a higher consciousness millions of years ago?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 24, 2019, 05:12:47 PM
If consciousness doesn't need the brain, then why didn't humans have a higher consciousness millions of years ago?

Time is an illusion.  Even physicists claim this.  See Dr Greene ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZeFTJHLU5A

Newtonian time was created by Newton, to support his physics.  He took this from Medieval time, which supported the daily cycle of prayers (synchronized across Europe).  Heisenberg time was created by Heisenberg, to support his physics.  Ideology may be based on long dead philosophers.  But atheism may be based on long dead physicists ;-)

Another, even better film on this in the physics section ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

No, atheism is based on the disbelief in deities, nothing more, nothing less.
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 24, 2019, 07:08:43 PM
No, atheism is based on the disbelief in deities, nothing more, nothing less.

But that seems to be disingenuous ... you believe or disbelieve in a lot more than that.  It is like claiming you only disbelieve in the letter "e".
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on February 24, 2019, 07:21:40 PM
But that seems to be disingenuous ... you believe or disbelieve in a lot more than that.  It is like claiming you only disbelieve in the letter "e".
that's rich-----you claiming somebody else is disingenuous!!  Hell, you are living on blind faith.  No facts, no reality, nothing but belief and faith.  Your mind is as closed as a steel bear trap.  Yet, you claim others are disingenuous?  You constantly inflate what others say and try to make them appear to say something else.  You belong in Washington.  Trump could use you--you seem to be in line with his 12 lies per day.  You would make a great politician.  And no, I'd not vote for you.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on February 24, 2019, 07:21:40 PM
But disbelieving in the letter "e," or anything else, has nothing to do with my atheism.
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on February 24, 2019, 08:00:08 PM
that's rich-----you claiming somebody else is disingenuous!!  Hell, you are living on blind faith.  No facts, no reality, nothing but belief and faith.  Your mind is as closed as a steel bear trap.  Yet, you claim others are disingenuous?  You constantly inflate what others say and try to make them appear to say something else.  You belong in Washington.  Trump could use you--you seem to be in line with his 12 lies per day.  You would make a great politician.  And no, I'd not vote for you.

No blind faith.  Not faith at all.  No scripture even.  I see my hand.  I know it is a hand and it is mine.  For the same reasons, I see experience myself, and thru careful semantics of what "demi-god" means ... I also know I am a demi-god.  In spite of 6 decades of neurolinguistic programming to the contrary, by the Enlightenment Central Committee.  I need not adopt the biased semantics of enemies of the people.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 24, 2019, 08:04:59 PM
But disbelieving in the letter "e," or anything else, has nothing to do with my atheism.

Unbeliever is more than an atheist ... for the same reason there is more than one letter in the alphabet.  In Chinese, with characters, there is more than one character in Chinese, there are several thousand.  Think of characters as concepts.  If Unbeliever only has one concept, and it is a negation ... then he is a maximal nihilist, and it would be impossible for him to post here.  He would be less communicative than a e e cummings poem, which disbelieves in the unwokeness of capitalization.

Nenenenenenene ... meaning repetitive negation of "e".  Knights of Ne.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on February 24, 2019, 10:21:33 PM
No blind faith.  Not faith at all.  No scripture even.  I see my hand.  I know it is a hand and it is mine.  For the same reasons, I see experience myself, and thru careful semantics of what "demi-god" means ... I also know I am a demi-god.  In spite of 6 decades of neurolinguistic programming to the contrary, by the Enlightenment Central Committee.  I need not adopt the biased semantics of enemies of the people.
I don't know what semantics you subscribe to, but it is NOT semantics to communicate with others but to slur and put down.  You no longer seem to strive to make things more clear but muddier.  You use what you now call humor to humiliate.  You seem to think you have such superior insight into this world and people that you ignore what others are trying to say; you'd rather go for the clever (to you) putdown or try to make others seem stupid compared to you.  Venom--that is the word I attach to you any more.  And Baruch, I feel all that as a personal loss in my computer world.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?