Atheist cant can get citizenship without joining church.

Started by Brian37, June 20, 2013, 06:06:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "SGOS"
Quote from: "Plu"
QuoteShe can prove her "against arms" manifesto using a church body to do it - that's all.

So basically only a church has the authority to tell a government official that something is valid?

You'd think that'd break some kind of rule...
During times of crisis, like when the government doesn't believe an old lady is sincere about not wanting to kill the government's enemies, it is sometimes necessary to seek the counsel of a Christian church to know what to do with her.  Secular or not, you know that you can always believe a church, if it's a Christian church.

This IS by the way one of the ways the Republican Party far right group gets to toss it's weight around.  There are laws in place that support 'the church' - like citizenship or denial of such.

::sigh::
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

La Dolce Vita

The reason why the outrage is valid and this is news worthy, Bri, is that it's a breach separation of church and state. You are perfectly correct that a nation can make whatever rules they want for citizenship (though they can be news worthy too), but here we have the state giving special privileges to people who are religious that the non-religious don't have - unless faking/lying/cheating - and that is clearly news worthy. Even if it's easy to get around, the system as it is, based on US law, is inexcusable.

AllPurposeAtheist

This is why people have lawyers to smack down these shitheads publicly in a court of law.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "La Dolce Vita"The reason why the outrage is valid and this is news worthy, Bri, is that it's a breach separation of church and state. You are perfectly correct that a nation can make whatever rules they want for citizenship (though they can be news worthy too), but here we have the state giving special privileges to people who are religious that the non-religious don't have - unless faking/lying/cheating - and that is clearly news worthy. Even if it's easy to get around, the system as it is, based on US law, is inexcusable.

Yeah - Skelatal and I kept talking on the side - especially about separation of church and state.  :rollin:
Seriously, need a lawyer say anything more than

"ahem - separation of church & state anyone?"

jesus - sometimes America is just straight up stupid.............  but then....so am I and I'm lovable too.

SGOS

Quote from: "WitchSabrina"jesus - sometimes America is just straight up stupid.............  but then....so am I and I'm lovable too.
You're not stupid; A little quirky maybe, but still loveable. :-D

WitchSabrina

AllPurposeAtheist

Maybe she ought to smack the DHS idiot in the mouth good and hard and say she's a member of Toothfairians.. :-k
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Farroc

I would make my own church, and make it as ridiculous as humanly possible.
"The idea of getting a, y\'know, syringe full of heroin and shooting it in the vein under my cock right now seems like almost a productive act." -Bill Hicks