News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Slavery. The Bible and Quran.

Started by Mousetrap, August 03, 2018, 07:13:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Cavebear on August 27, 2018, 02:27:02 PM
I do not claim to have actually created myself.  But, as an adult, I am mostly responsible for my thoughts and actions.  As the eldest child, my resistence to parental influence after age 10 or so was quite a shock.  Well, at least I eased the way for my younger siblings, LOL!

My ancestors did not create the laws of the Universe.  We merely (perforce) obeyed those laws.  Your point is...?
Your first sentence stated my point.

Thanks again

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

Baruch

Quote from: popsthebuilder on August 27, 2018, 02:19:05 PM
So you are responsible for your own existence? Wouldnt that have been your parents and the ones before them and so forth and so on? Yet none of your parents or relatives created the very laws that construct/ed the universe did they?

Cavebear is like many individualists, he is like the rabbit who pulled himself out of his own hat ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: popsthebuilder on August 27, 2018, 02:24:18 PM
All "theisms" don't assume such.

One may be punished for knowingly going against what is good in favor of personal want or greed or attainment.

But to think that GOD sent GOD to be a blood sacrifice to GOD so that we can be safe from eternal destruction due us because of the potential we were knowingly given by GOD seems very inaccurate and illogical to me.

"Going against the common good" is a human definition, not a religious one.  A religious one would be eating pork or plowing a field on a certain day.  Which makes no human sense as pork is meat and crops need to be planted regardless of the day.

I didn't previously quite realize what a religiously hide-bound nut you were.  But using "GOD" 4 times in one sentence made it clear.  I have to admire the illogic required to state that Being A sent Itself to be a sacrifice to Itself.  Remarkable.  Just think of all the goats and lambs that could have been saved...

Thanx.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: popsthebuilder on August 27, 2018, 02:29:40 PM
I do not condone the wars of the country I reside in.

It has nothing to do with society or politics to me personally. If looking at the whole world as a tribe then infighting seems a little off.

If you pay taxes, then you support wars.  Even Gandhi and MLK did.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 27, 2018, 02:37:01 PM
"Going against the common good" is a human definition, not a religious one.  A religious one would be eating pork or plowing a field on a certain day.  Which makes no human sense as pork is meat and crops need to be planted regardless of the day.

I didn't previously quite realize what a religiously hide-bound nut you were.  But using "GOD" 4 times in one sentence made it clear.  I have to admire the illogic required to state that Being A sent Itself to be a sacrifice to Itself.  Remarkable.  Just think of all the goats and lambs that could have been saved...

Thanx.

There is no common good .. except in-tribe.  The Spanish and the Aztecs can be consulted.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: popsthebuilder on August 27, 2018, 02:34:02 PM
Your first sentence stated my point.

Thanks again

No prob.  It was just a sperm and an ova that met randomly.  No deity required...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 27, 2018, 02:38:23 PM
No prob.  It was just a sperm and an ova that met randomly.  No deity required...

Bow down and worship the sperm, or the ova, depending on your gender confusion ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Cavebear on August 27, 2018, 02:37:01 PM

Thanx.
The whole point was to show the illogic. I'm glad you caught on.

Kudos

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Cavebear on August 27, 2018, 02:38:23 PM
Still avoiding where it leads.

Regression stops at the Source.

Do you deny there is a source to existence?
Nothing isn't a source.....nor is evolution; not that I am against the idea or theory or evidence for/ of evolution.

Baruch

Quote from: popsthebuilder on August 27, 2018, 02:44:48 PM

Nothing isn't a source.....nor is evolution; not that I am against the idea or theory or evidence for/ of evolution.

The unmoved mover ... a U-haul truck broken down on the highway.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cavebear on August 27, 2018, 01:14:41 PM
Well, there MIGHT be truth somewhere, but it sure isn't in ancient superstitions about some unknown sky being. 
But one has to define what truth is.  Then that person who supplied the definition might be able to tell you what that truth could be.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

Quote from: popsthebuilder on August 27, 2018, 02:44:48 PM

Put most straight-forwardly, "Yes".  No "source" in the sense you mean.  Random chemistry...

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Cavebear on August 27, 2018, 02:57:44 PM
Put most straight-forwardly, "Yes".  No "source" in the sense you mean.  Random chemistry...
Now you've gone and done it.

Please show evidence for true  randomness in nature or outside of it.

Cavebear

Quote from: popsthebuilder on August 27, 2018, 03:06:33 PM

Sperm and ova DNA mix.  Drawing to an inside straight.  Lottery winner.  Intelligent theist.  The dove the hawk caught.  Seeing a meteor just as once glances out a window.  Parking next to an identical car.  I could go on, but you get the idea I hope.

Mike Cl

Quote from: popsthebuilder on August 27, 2018, 03:06:33 PM

Stepping out into a rain storm, I will be hit by a first raindrop.  There will be trillions upon trillions of raindrops within that storm.  But that one in particular hit me first.  I'd say that would be random.  Or do you think that raindrop was guided by the hand of god???
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?