Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Slavery. The Bible and Quran.

Started by Mousetrap, August 03, 2018, 07:13:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Mousetrap on August 27, 2018, 08:35:32 AM
Sir,
I have spoken to enough Muslims in my life to know you are busy with Tiqiah (telling a lie to further the Quran, Muhammad and Islam).

No religion on earth, except Islam, believes in the Quran.
And what do you think the word Islamic means?

What do you think Catholic means?

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

Cavebear

Quote from: popsthebuilder on August 27, 2018, 08:36:15 AM
The small quite voice.

The fire.

Did you really just say that Hinduism is actually a derivative of Christianity?

Yes I am aware there is a sort of trinity in some schools of Hinduism. It is my contention that those expressions still come from the One Creator GOD ultimately.

I do not have the copies of the books any more.

I can literally read through them and pinpoint reference to the Spirit of GOD and the selfless concience. If you like you can post some and I will.....perhaps I should redownload the Gita......it's been some time now.

Just out of curiosity, how do you read through books you no longer have?  Do you stick your head in a top hat, or do you sniff burning leaves?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Cavebear

Quote from: popsthebuilder on August 27, 2018, 08:38:07 AM
How is it that you think one day of rest and reflection on GOD is not needed out of seven.
Even one day wasted thinking about a mythical being is too much a waste of time.  I would rather spend the "7th day" doing useful stuff in the house and garden as I do most other days.  Not to say I don't rest sometimes, but it is random and not decreed by some sky power.

Cavebear

Quote from: Mousetrap on August 27, 2018, 08:42:43 AM
Never slaves in Egypt?
If you look at the dating by Kathleen Kenyon of Exodus in 1 200 BC (walls of Jericho), there was never an exodus.
However, The dates prescribed in the Bible is clearly, 1 459 Bc, then there is ample evidence.
follow Jericho back to 1 402 Bc, and the smallest detail about Jericho proves an invasion by Israel.

Look at the Bilaam inscriptions, the Hebrew mines inscriptions etc.
Modern archaeology attempts to deny any Biblical archaeology, however, never was there a single archaeological discovery that contradicted the Bible.
On the contrary, we can thank the Bible for historical discoveries in the middle east, and over the past 200 years, only the Biblical historical descriptions stood the test of time.

Modern archeology does not attempt to deny anything.  It just provides evidence of what occurred in the past.  For example, there is no evidence of Jewish pottery designs or any other activities in Egypt.  There ARE some suggestions that the Jews spent time in Persia.  The Persian evidence is in the pottery the Jews made when they left. 

They just didn't know where they were, LOL!

Cavebear

Quote from: Mousetrap on August 27, 2018, 08:42:43 AM
Never slaves in Egypt?
If you look at the dating by Kathleen Kenyon of Exodus in 1 200 BC (walls of Jericho), there was never an exodus.
However, The dates prescribed in the Bible is clearly, 1 459 Bc, then there is ample evidence.
follow Jericho back to 1 402 Bc, and the smallest detail about Jericho proves an invasion by Israel.

Look at the Bilaam inscriptions, the Hebrew mines inscriptions etc.
Modern archaeology attempts to deny any Biblical archaeology, however, never was there a single archaeological discovery that contradicted the Bible.
On the contrary, we can thank the Bible for historical discoveries in the middle east, and over the past 200 years, only the Biblical historical descriptions stood the test of time.

And, I meant to add, the concept of "biblical scholar" is a whopping joke to the real archeologists...  Biblical scholars are just annoying little pests seeking to prove what they already believe hoping for anything that will support their religious texts.

Cavebear

Quote from: popsthebuilder on August 27, 2018, 08:46:06 AM
And what do you think the word Islamic means?

What do you think Catholic means?

Islam - "religious system revealed by Muhammad," 1816, from Arabic islam, literally "submission" (to the will of God), from root of aslama "he resigned, he surrendered, he submitted," causative conjunction of salima "he was safe," and related to salam "peace."

Catholic - The word catholic literally means "universal," as in "the universal church." It originally was applied to all Christians.

Any other obviously simple questions?

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Cavebear on August 27, 2018, 08:52:21 AM
Just out of curiosity, how do you read through books you no longer have?  Do you stick your head in a top hat, or do you sniff burning leaves?
I suppose you reference a misuse of words or an inaccuracy on my part.

I apologise. I am speaking from memory at the moment.

I thought I had made that clear enough.

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Cavebear on August 27, 2018, 08:56:59 AM
Even one day wasted thinking about a mythical being is too much a waste of time.  I would rather spend the "7th day" doing useful stuff in the house and garden as I do most other days.  Not to say I don't rest sometimes, but it is random and not decreed by some sky power.
Of course.

No one said to meditate for no reason.

All real thought should lead to action if one actually believes what they have concluded....right?

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Cavebear on August 27, 2018, 09:08:00 AM
Islam - "religious system revealed by Muhammad," 1816, from Arabic islam, literally "submission" (to the will of God), from root of aslama "he resigned, he surrendered, he submitted," causative conjunction of salima "he was safe," and related to salam "peace."

Catholic - The word catholic literally means "universal," as in "the universal church." It originally was applied to all Christians.

Any other obviously simple questions?
No.

Thank you, really.

Cavebear

Quote from: popsthebuilder on August 27, 2018, 09:10:38 AM
I suppose you reference a misuse of words or an inaccuracy on my part.

I apologise. I am speaking from memory at the moment.

I thought I had made that clear enough.

Nothing complicated here.  You are either reading books you no longer have or you aren't.

Cavebear

Quote from: popsthebuilder on August 27, 2018, 09:11:50 AM
Of course.

No one said to meditate for no reason.

All real thought should lead to action if one actually believes what they have concluded....right?

Your deity did.  And on a specific day.  And with rituals.  Don't dodge.  You are held to what you said.

Cavebear

Quote from: popsthebuilder on August 27, 2018, 09:12:59 AM
No.

Thank you, really.

Glad to be of assistance.

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Cavebear on August 27, 2018, 09:16:41 AM
Nothing complicated here.  You are either reading books you no longer have or you aren't.
I'm still wondering why you are focusing on this?

Must one continually read in order to comprehend?

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Cavebear on August 27, 2018, 09:18:50 AM
Your deity did.  And on a specific day.  And with rituals.  Don't dodge.  You are held to what you said.
Yet Christ came with the truth.

Cavebear

Quote from: popsthebuilder on August 27, 2018, 09:20:47 AM
I'm still wondering why you are focusing on this?

Must one continually read in order to comprehend?

You posted earlier that you were reading books you no longer had.  I just can't help laughing about the idea.