News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

This is huge: *current* liquid water on Mars.

Started by trdsf, July 25, 2018, 03:26:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trdsf

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 19, 2018, 01:58:36 PM
I'd volunteer to go in a heartbeat, even if it meant I'd never make it back to Earth.
I'm with you.  I'd go to Mars even if it's a one-way trip.  Every corner you turn, every rock you pick up, every single moment there would be a new discovery for humanity.  The only thing I'd hate to leave behind is my cat.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Gawdzilla Sama

"Everywhere I go, I'm the first. Shit under this rock, first to do that." Mark Watney's Unpublished Journal.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on September 19, 2018, 03:41:20 PM
I'm with you.  I'd go to Mars even if it's a one-way trip.  Every corner you turn, every rock you pick up, every single moment there would be a new discovery for humanity.  The only thing I'd hate to leave behind is my cat.

"Here Jonesie"...

;)
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on September 19, 2018, 05:10:08 PM
"Here Jonesie"...

;)
Just pictured trdsf in a tank top and bikini panties.

I'll be at a monastery if you need me.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 19, 2018, 05:41:54 PM

I'll be at a monastery if you need me.

Just don't tell Munch, LOL!  He might stop breathing...

Unbeliever

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 19, 2018, 05:41:54 PM

Damn, now I'm picturing Young Frankenstein in a tank top and bikini panties...ouch!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 19, 2018, 06:03:28 PM
Damn, now I'm picturing Young Frankenstein in a tank top and bikini panties...ouch!

Well, just don't think of The Blob in a ...  Oh damn, NOW I've done it...

SGOS

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

trdsf

Quote from: Cavebear on September 19, 2018, 06:07:37 PM
Well, just don't think of The Blob in a ...  Oh damn, NOW I've done it...
Alas, I'm rationalist enough that I have to admit you're closest to the reality of the matter here...
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on September 19, 2018, 10:15:03 PM
Alas, I'm rationalist enough that I have to admit you're closest to the reality of the matter here...

Well, spandex and the Blob don't really go together in MY mind...  But ask Munch.

ferdmonger

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 15, 2018, 12:21:32 PM
Yerp. They'd squish us and set the dolphins up with robotic arms. (And you read The Dolphins of Pern?)

But realistically, if they checked on Earth every billion years and found cyanobacteria the dominant life form, they'd be back in about 600,000,000 years for another look. Distant descendants of racoons would meet them just outside Neptune's orbit, to explain that they didn't do that.

I'm still a newbie here and trying to catch up to some of the forums, but this one killed me.

When interviewed on how they survived and humans faltered, the raccoons said, "Shit, we're raccoons.  We'll eat anything."

Baruch

Raccoons are very clever, they can use their little hands.  Very Trump.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: ferdmonger on September 25, 2018, 11:58:30 PM
I'm still a newbie here and trying to catch up to some of the forums, but this one killed me.

When interviewed on how they survived and humans faltered, the raccoons said, "Shit, we're raccoons.  We'll eat anything."

Well, among a few sci-books proposing non-human critters, I always thought both raccoons and bears were overlooked.  Racoons for handiness and bears for bipedal possibilities.  It might be an instructive challenge.  "Breed To Come' suggested cats for curiosity but I think they are too specialized as carnivores.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 01, 2018, 04:25:22 PM
Well, among a few sci-books proposing non-human critters, I always thought both raccoons and bears were overlooked.  Racoons for handiness and bears for bipedal possibilities.  It might be an instructive challenge.  "Breed To Come' suggested cats for curiosity but I think they are too specialized as carnivores.

Cats like to keep their spare food supply close ... that is why they check you out.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.