8 Killed in Houston High School Shooting

Started by Shiranu, May 18, 2018, 11:37:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on May 24, 2018, 08:24:04 AM
Fix nothing until everything is fixed policy. Got it.

Just start the dictatorship already ... Hillary will look good dressed up like General Pinochet.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Gilgamesh on May 24, 2018, 08:06:07 AM
Or ban males?

Progressives are retarded. They never learned the golden rule that correlation does not equal causation. If you eliminate all other correlating factors, then every remaining one becomes increasingly likely the causative factor. But this isn't what they do. They just pick the factor the best suits their narrative without reasoning why and think they are actually interpreting data. It'd be hilarious if it didn't create rhetoric capable of convincing laymen.

Liberals have a different mental illness than crazy shooters.  They have crazy collectivist ideas about fixing things, when the real problem is psychological, both the crazy shooters and the liberals.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on May 24, 2018, 08:07:59 AM
Civil discourse is out the window, as usual.

The US is in a state of Civil War.  Get your muskets ready!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

The NRA has a new response...

Via NRATv Official Twitter Account...

Quote"It's time to put an end to this glorification of carnage in pursuit of ratings because it's killing our kids. It's time for Congress to step up and pass legislation putting common sense limitations on #MSM's ability to report on these school shootings." â€"

Yup. That is how low they have sunk. "Common Sense Limitations on #MSM's ability to report on these school shootings".

Who hurt you, NRA? Who turned you into such vile, toxic individuals?
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Gawdzilla Sama

It's just about the money. In the same way Vlad gave a small baby to his fangirls to drain the life out of, so money has burned the soul out of the NRA.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on May 24, 2018, 04:13:41 PM
It's just about the money. In the same way Vlad gave a small baby to his fangirls to drain the life out of, so money has burned the soul out of the NRA.

It is only the money (materialism kills).  And the point is power, money is just liquid power.  And yes, control of the media, since WW I at least, is what a large part of what government is about.  Madison Ave.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: Shiranu on May 24, 2018, 04:02:25 PMYup. That is how low they have sunk. "Common Sense Limitations on #MSM's ability to report on these school shootings".
Shooting the messenger.  Metaphorically.  (for now)

Cavebear

Quote from: aitm on May 22, 2018, 01:19:13 PM
We don't actually have a rule against racism, but we can use our opinion that certain language is being used to incite, which we consider trolling. As much as I have worked over my life to overcome my own racism I hate to see it in any fashion, yet personally I don't want to fall into censorship on an internet forum even if it is offensive. Perhaps we will discuss this more. Should we decide to add that to the rules specifically, I have no problem enforcing it.

I abide by the Admins decisions, of course.  And I'm not trying to start a fight here. 

But may I ask if it is a matter of context or is it "how many times"?  Is there ever an acceptable use of the term "nigger"?  Would 2 times be acceptable?  How about 3?  How about 20?  I'm trying to make a point of course.  I'm not here to make the Admin's lives difficult.  I actually respect you all. 

But I have a point I don't think is being acknowledged.  We use many terms that are acceptable as self-identified groups.  There are Moslems, there are Christians, there are Atheists.  They are members of these groups are not offended by the labels. 

But some terms are offensive to the people described and THAT makes a difference.  Are you suggesting it is now acceptable here to refer to: "chinks, wetbacks, fags, queers, abos, coons, honkies, bucks, crows, jungle bunnies, mammies, pickaninnies, spades, spooks, gooks, japs, nips, slants, curry-eaters, sand-niggers, wetbacks, greaseballs, beaners, gringos, crackers, okies, peckerwoods, whiteys, dagos, greasers, wogs, squaws, and the list goes on.

Do you get my point?  You accept "nigger" and you will have to accept all the rest...  So you admins get back together and think about that.

I don't want any of that evil stuff, and the time to stop it is immediately after ONE person uses a term like that.  HARD.

I rest my case...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Yes, there are inappropriate words.  But monkey has to be acceptable, toward any human, if you follow Darwin.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Jason78

Quote from: Baruch on May 25, 2018, 08:35:54 AM
Yes, there are inappropriate words.  But monkey has to be acceptable, toward any human, if you follow Darwin.

People are apes.   Not monkeys.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Cavebear

Quote from: Jason78 on May 25, 2018, 01:06:17 PM
People are apes.   Not monkeys.

Baruch never does quite admit that distinction.  He likes to diminish evolution in emotional ways like that.  It's a Trump habit too.  The difference is that Trump is just actually stupid while Baruch is willing to make bad arguments, knowing better, but in order to try to win a single post argument not seeing the whole.

Shiranu

Another school shooting today, in Indiana, two in critical condition.

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Unbeliever

USA Today says it's at least the 21st school shooting this year:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/05/25/noblesville-indiana-school-shooting-list-2018/644505002/?utm_source=feedblitz&utm_medium=FeedBlitzRss&utm_campaign=usatoday-newstopstories

At least no one seems to have been killed this time, but that's no thanks to anything the authorities have done.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cavebear

Quote from: Shiranu on May 25, 2018, 01:34:31 PM
Another school shooting today, in Indiana, two in critical condition.

This is going to sound sick.  But "Oh crap there goes another day of real news".

The deaths are horrible.  But so are too many others unreported.  It is becoming local news.  I want to know what is going on between the US and China, Dollars to Euros, What is going on in N Korea and Iran.