Idaho Republican Thinks Gay Men Wear Tutus To Work...

Started by Mathew, June 18, 2013, 02:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mathew

And they still can't, for the life of them, imagine why people think they're so out of touch with reality.

QuoteCornel Rasor, a former Bonner County commissioner and chairman of the Idaho GOP's resolutions committee, said, "I'd hire a gay guy if I thought he was a good worker. But if he comes into work in a tutu ... he's not producing what I want in my office."

//http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2013/jun/17/idaho-gop-wants-non-discrimination-ordinances-void/

Solitary

Would he hire a man that came in with full battle camouflage on and says, "God hates fags!" also?  Good luck with that one.  :roll:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Plu

I wonder if he would accept a straight man wearing a tutu. If he doesn't, the argument seems kinda empty.
If he does, this argument seems kinda dumb. But it'd be really funny if one of his straight employees comes in dressed like that.

Aletheia

QuoteStewart cited a case in Lewiston in which a man died, and the newspaper obituary named his live-in partner as his survivor. "And that day he got fired," he said. "So here's a man, a law-abiding citizen grieving over the loss of his partner, and also got fired the same day. When you deal with jobs and housing and all, kicking people to the curb and saying somehow you're unacceptable, that's what they're really saying. It reminds me so much of segregation in the south."

Wtf???
Quote from: Jakenessif you believe in the supernatural, you do not understand modern science. Period.

The Skeletal Atheist

I would think that a tutu would be inappropriate office attire for anyone.  Also the only gay men I know who'd wear a tutu would be drag queens, and I don't think they would enjoy working at an office...  :-k
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Mermaid

That makes me want to stab out my brain with a skewer.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Colanth

Would he hire a gay guy who lifted weights or parachuted as hobbies?  I think you'd find more of those than gay guys who wear tutus.

"Gay men wearing tutus" is a pretty offensive stereotype.  Oh, he's a Republican.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Farroc

I think what he's trying to say is he'll hire bears and power bottoms, but not twinks. That's an odd policy.
"The idea of getting a, y\'know, syringe full of heroin and shooting it in the vein under my cock right now seems like almost a productive act." -Bill Hicks

AllPurposeAtheist

He's a closeted drag queen trying to act all tough n shit..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Hydra009

Wait...so gay men don't dress in tutus all the time?  Don't gay men dress camp gay all the time?  /confused Republican

Colanth

Isn't "confused Republican" just repeating yourself?
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Smartmarzipan

Quote from: "Farroc"I think what he's trying to say is he'll hire bears and power bottoms, but not twinks. That's an odd policy.

LMFAO.  :rollin:
Legi, Intellexi, Condemnavi.

"Religion is the human response to being alive and having to die." ~Anon

Inter arma enim silent leges

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "Colanth"Isn't "confused Republican" just repeating yourself?

I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "Mermaid"That makes me want to stab out my brain with a skewer.

Not for nothing --- but I stuck a fork into my own forehead once.  It's my daughter's favorite story of their growing up years.
 :rollin:

(Yes I was a little bit exhausted and probably in need of medication at the time)
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

AllPurposeAtheist

Damned.. I was going job hunting in my pink tutu today, but thanks to republicans I'm spared the humiliation. I wonder if wearing it to the social security office would speed up my claim. :D/
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.