Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Why Global Warming is another MSM Lie

Started by Hydra009, April 01, 2018, 06:22:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: Gilgamesh on May 09, 2018, 06:41:20 AM
Nope:
Out of all of those, b12 and vit d are the only thing that a vegan diet is at risk for being deficient in. If a vegan becomes deficient in anything other than these then they are retarded because non-animal food sources readily provide everything else we need - people just need to educate themselves to find out what food sources contain what - shouldn't take longer than half an hour on the internet. (By the way both b12 and vit d deficiency are among the most common deficiencies in people - period - carnists and vegans alike.) Your contention that b12 exists naturally only in animals is false. Microorganisms, primarily bacteria, are the only known organisms that manufacture b12. The animals and their products (eggs, dairy) you eat which have b12 in are added artificially. It used to be humans derived b12 from the water they drank. We drink treated water now, and so do factory-farmed animals - which also need b12 - and so the meat and dairy industry supplement the animals.

Because vegans don't consume supplemented animal flesh, eggs, or dairy; dairy alternatives to a large degree supplement their products. For example virtually all dairy-free milks (almond milk, soy milk, coconut milk, ect.) have vitamin d and b12 added. Vegans do not need to supplement these things.

Veganism, if done properly, is fundamentally healthier than the best possible form of carnism, because animal food sources are literally carcinogenic to humans.

it is also ethically superior and environmentally superior.

I checked some vegan sites for this: 

"Vegans have more dietary restrictions than vegetarians. In addition to not consuming meat, vegans do not eat any animal products. Thus, getting adequate amounts of B12 can be extremely difficult for vegans. Beneficial bacteria in your gut synthesizes vitamin B12, but it is not readily absorbed. Similarly, some believe that eating fermented foods provides sufficient amounts of B12, but science has not proven this. However, some vegan cereals contain 100% of the daily value for vitamin B12."

Where do you think they got the B-12 from?

LOL!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on May 09, 2018, 01:43:19 AM
Better more modern measurements have resulted in better more accurate predictions.

We can hope.  Please take that to Vegas, and see how much money you make ;-)

I can flip a coin, and it almost never lands on edge.  I can measure that with an electron microscope, but my betting wins aren't any better.  Accuracy in prediction doesn't overcome randomness that is already there.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on May 09, 2018, 01:51:51 AM
I agree.  And I think we can discuss this on larger terms.  Let's say I am thinking of replacing my 2005 Toyota Highlander that gets 18 MPG.  But I only drive 2,000 miles per year.  How much is buying a Chevy Bolt going to help the planet?  At 2,000 miles per year, it doesn't matter much.  And I recycle everything possible, compost anything that can be composted, and have LED lights I leave off in the house whenever possible.  Maybe that makes up for it.

But maybe the larger issues matter a lot more.  And perhaps you are better-prepared to address that.

Commissar for transportation ... Comrade, you have too many vehicles.  You are not party official.  You shouldn't have dacha.  Give now to Party please.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Yes, at least some people are plants, not animals.  Didn't you see the miniseries ... Roots ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gilgamesh

Quote from: Cavebear on May 09, 2018, 06:54:03 AM
I checked some vegan sites for this: 

"Vegans have more dietary restrictions than vegetarians. In addition to not consuming meat, vegans do not eat any animal products. Thus, getting adequate amounts of B12 can be extremely difficult for vegans. Beneficial bacteria in your gut synthesizes vitamin B12, but it is not readily absorbed. Similarly, some believe that eating fermented foods provides sufficient amounts of B12, but science has not proven this. However, some vegan cereals contain 100% of the daily value for vitamin B12."

Where do you think they got the B-12 from?

LOL!

I *know* that some vegans get their b12 from supplemented food sources, and other vegans just supplement it directly. Same with literally any human who isn't getting it from stream water.

Baruch

Quote from: Gilgamesh on May 09, 2018, 07:24:59 AM
I *know* that some vegans get their b12 from supplemented food sources, and other vegans just supplement it directly. Same with literally any human who isn't getting it from stream water.

Life is more difficult to manage at the molecular level, but it can be done.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Gilgamesh on May 09, 2018, 07:24:59 AM

You are evading.  Not from "stream water".  Be honest.  Where do you think the B-12 comes from?

Gilgamesh

Quote from: Cavebear on May 09, 2018, 08:58:08 AM
You are evading.  Not from "stream water".  Be honest.  Where do you think the B-12 comes from?

In the previous page I told you where B12 comes from. It comes from bacteria. Humans in the first world for the most part do not get their B12 from stream water, anymore, like they - and every other animal - had done for all of their evolutionary history. Instead they drink treated water which does not have B12 in it, so they get their B12 now from either supplements, directly, or food sources which have themselves been supplemented.

Cavebear

Quote from: Gilgamesh on May 09, 2018, 09:13:42 AM

In the previous page I told you where B12 comes from. It comes from bacteria. Humans in the first world for the most part do not get their B12 from stream water, anymore, like they - and every other animal - had done for all of their evolutionary history. Instead they drink treated water which does not have B12 in it, so they get their B12 now from either supplements, directly, or food sources which have themselves been supplemented.

Ah you are against treated water!  Took me a bit to figure that out.  Wikipedia says that B-12 comes from Animals, Plants Fungi, Microbials, fortified foods, and supplements.  Sadly for you, B-12 is not absorbed in the small intestines.  The good news is that rabbits produce B-12 in their feces.  Feel free to eat all the rabbit feces you want.  I sure won't stop you!

The B-12 you get from drinking untreated water is not available to you because it only gets processed in the large intestines and GUESS WHAT?  Humans can't absorb it from there!

In return for drinking untreated water, (which you recommend for Vegans) you can get Pernicious Anemia, Cholera, Campylobacteriosis, Amoebiasis, Cryptosporidiosis, Typoid Fever, Gastric Flu, Shigellosis, Giardiasis, Hepatitis A, SARS, Adenovirus Infection,  and E.Coli Infection.  Again, please feel free to drink untreated water in order to get a small amount of B-12.

But please stop recommending it to others.  You may cause some deaths...

Gilgamesh

Quote from: Cavebear on May 09, 2018, 09:40:14 AM
Ah you are against treated water!  Took me a bit to figure that out.
You didn't figure anything out. I'm not against treated water.

QuoteWikipedia says that B-12 comes from Animals, Plants Fungi, Microbials, fortified foods, and supplements.  Sadly for you, B-12 is not absorbed in the small intestines.  The good news is that rabbits produce B-12 in their feces.  Feel free to eat all the rabbit feces you want.  I sure won't stop you!
B12 is produced naturally only by bacteria. It is found in other things only when those things have been fortified artificially with it - intentionally, by humans.

QuoteThe B-12 you get from drinking untreated water is not available to you because it only gets processed in the large intestines and GUESS WHAT?  Humans can't absorb it from there!
False.

QuoteIn return for drinking untreated water, (which you recommend for Vegans) you can get Pernicious Anemia, Cholera, Campylobacteriosis, Amoebiasis, Cryptosporidiosis, Typoid Fever, Gastric Flu, Shigellosis, Giardiasis, Hepatitis A, SARS, Adenovirus Infection,  and E.Coli Infection.  Again, please feel free to drink untreated water in order to get a small amount of B-12.

But please stop recommending it to others.  You may cause some deaths...

I've never recommended it in my life.

Cavebear

Quote from: Gilgamesh on May 09, 2018, 09:50:16 AM
You didn't figure anything out. I'm not against treated water.

B12 is produced naturally only by bacteria. It is found in other things only when those things have been fortified artificially with it - intentionally, by humans.
False.

I've never recommended it in my life.

You posted "Same with literally any human who isn't getting it from stream water."

Gilgamesh

Quote from: Cavebear on May 09, 2018, 09:55:28 AM
You posted "Same with literally any human who isn't getting it from stream water."

Yes.

Cavebear

Quote from: Gilgamesh on May 09, 2018, 10:05:39 AM
Yes.
So, then why aren't you agreeing with me? I'm not looking for some admission of failure or incorrectness.  Just getting to an agreement about one particular subject in one spot in the universe would be worth all the damn typing!

Gilgamesh

Quote from: Cavebear on May 09, 2018, 10:32:14 AM
So, then why aren't you agreeing with me? I'm not looking for some admission of failure or incorrectness.  Just getting to an agreement about one particular subject in one spot in the universe would be worth all the damn typing!

I'm not agreeing with your contention that I advise people to drink untreated water, or that I hate treated water/

I'm agreeing with your contention that I said people used to get their b12 from untreated water.

If in your mind you cannot rectify how one can simultaneously disagree with the former but agree with the latter then I'm going to have to post another retard.png, buddy.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Gilgamesh on May 09, 2018, 01:48:16 AM
In the world of arguments there is no authority. There are good arguments and there are bad arguments - and the arbitrary accolades of the makers of these arguments is non-influential on the goodness or badness of the arguments themselves.

No. If you want to claim to be an authority, you need to have credentials to justify that authority. You wouldn't call a pastor an authority on the Big Bang, would you? While pastors love to talk like they know everything they need to know about the Big Bang, physicists are the ones who have authority in that subject. A pastor operates on false assumptions and a lack of knowledge, while a physicist has devoted years of his life to the study of the aspect of the universe that concerns the Big Bang. Likewise, if you want to convince me against that something that is near universally accepted as true by experts, such as climate change, you'd better have the credentials to back up your claims.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--