Disproving the Christian God: It's Easy

Started by median, June 18, 2013, 03:18:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plu

Here's the next one:

1) How can Satan inflict evil in the world if god is almighty and nothing can thus happen without his explicit consent and knowledge?

Also regarding your previous question:

What if the ancient Romans were right? Shouldn't you believe in Jupiter, just in case? Or maybe Ra of the ancient Egyptians? Or perhaps Odin? Or maybe Allah? Or some african tribal god? Native american spirits? What if they were right and you are wrong? What if you're going to be punished for all eternity for believing in the wrong god?

What argument do you have that yours is more likely to be the real one than theirs? Except of course for "because I happen to be raised a christian and not something else"?

Plu

Quote from: "Trenfro"If you reject god, you go to hell. And god does not at all want you to go to hell, but if you reject him, god cannot claim you as his own, but instead the devil takes you. God is good, but sin and death and satan is bad

Why not? He makes the rules, doesn't he? He can just change them. It's easy for him. Why is he refusing?

Trenfro

The proof of the bible is extensive. The proof of any other religion is either one book written by one person or just a belief passed down through generations. And as I said earlier, some things is humans just can't comprehend. We simply do not know, and that's where faith comes into play.

By trying to comprehend those questions, you, like Adam and Eve, are trying to eat from the tree of knowledge, and when you do that, bad things happen

Plu

I'm keeping a list of the fallacies you use in my first post, for your consideration. I included explanations of them, so if you want to learn to build an argument that works on people who know how to interpret arguments, you can follow them and maybe learn something.

You're up to four in four posts so far. Seems about par for the course for most who try, so you're about average so far.

QuoteThe proof of the bible is extensive.

Show scientific proof that any of the supernatural events in the bible happened. If you can (and you can't) you will convert most of the people on these boards in a heartbeat.

Trenfro

There is no scientific explanation because god trumps science. And it is also proven that people like Jesus and the disciples were real and what happened to them really did happen

Trenfro

Let me tell you a story. My great grandmothers name was Martha. She had a very good friend at the nursing home she lived in. One day her friend was down the hall from her room and asked a nurse who those people in white robes were outside of Martha's room?? But the nurse looked at her like she was crazy, because the nurse could not see them! A few minutes later my great grandma died.

Hydra009

Quote from: "Trenfro"There is no scientific explanation because god trumps science.
Sounds like an easy excuse for not backing up your claim.

Check this out.  Space aliens exist and visit me while I'm sleeping.  Proof?  There isn't any because aliens trump science.  See how convincing that is?   :rolleyes:  :rollin:

QuoteAnd it is also proven that people like Jesus and the disciples were real and what happened to them really did happen
Oh really?  Post it, then.

:popcorn:

Rin Hato

Let me tell you a story.

There was once a guy called Trenfro. He was a bit slow, which led to him being quite gullible. Professional con-men persuaded him into believing that there's an invisible man living in the sky  who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!

But he loves you! He loves you, and he needs money!
Obieru kono te no naka niwa taorareta hana no yuuki.

Solitary

Disproving any god is easy---they would be breaking every law of nature and sound logic in order to exist. But then, the invisible pink unicorns do exist, because sometimes they can be seen flying around the giant teakettle circling the sun, if you believe in them that is.  :roll:  

Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Plu

(I'll be back in about an hour with some explanatory posts if you're still around by then.)

Hijiri Byakuren

Incoming wall of text.

Quote from: "Trenfro"1. According to this belief, everything was created from nothing. Human life and the universe was nonexistent and then a bunch of nothingness exploded and eventually led up to a working, thinking, and intelligent form of life. Now try to tell me that Christianity is not logical.
According to Christianity, everything was created from nothing. Human life and the universe was non-existent and then the great skydaddy poofed everything into existence.

That being said, point me to one scientific publication that says the universe came from nothing. I guarantee you will find plenty of literature about the Big Bang, but not what caused it. This is because we currently do not know what caused it. It could be nothing, as you claim, or it could be something. We don't know. Don't pretend like you do.

Quote from: "Trenfro"2. Evil in this world even with a loving god? This is because of sin and satan. Sun entered this world because satan convinced Adam and Eve to eat the fruit. And since then pain and suffering exists.
Logically impossible. First you must state why an omnipotent (and presumably omniscient) god would create Satan knowing that he would fall. Then you must ask why god would put the Tree of Knowledge somewhere Adam and Eve could reach it - if he must put it on Earth, surely he could set it on top of Mount Everest rather than between the Tigris and Euphrates rivers.

Quote from: "Trenfro"3. Although humans sin and break the law continuously, god redeemed us all through Jesus,  and as long as we believe and have faith, we will enter heaven for eternity
Explain why an all-powerful god must work through another individual in such a specific manner rather than snap his fingers and say, "Alright, y'all are good now. Have a nice day."

Quote from: "Trenfro"4. All historical records in the bible are true, and the fact that is is written by many different people over a long period of time shows that it is not just a storybook written by one author.
Very little that is written in the Bible matches up with any other historical account before or since. Addionally, the Bible wasn't merely written by multiple authors: past books were given massive edits by subsequent authors. It's so bad in the early books that the Jews had to come up with "the names of God" to explain how a series of stories about a polytheistic pantheon could all be talking about the same deity.

Quote from: "Trenfro"5. The video uses logic and that is all. The problem with that is that god is all knowing. We are not. We can't even BEGIN to comprehend what god knows and how he works
According to the Book of Job, God seems to believe (among other things) that snow and hail are kept in great storehouses, and that the Earth has cornerstones and foundations. The most uneducated human beings in modern times have a better understanding of the natural world than God does, apparently. I'd say we're qualified to question his logic.

Quote from: "Trenfro"And think of it this way... What if I am right and you are wrong? You suffer damnation in hell and I go live in heaven. And if you are right? Everyone ceases to exist! Seems like a win win for Christians right?
Or maybe we'll be reincarnated, or have to pay Charon the Boatman, or achieve enlightenment, or own up to Joseph Smith...

Quote from: "Trenfro"If you reject god, you go to hell. And god does not at all want you to go to hell, but if you reject him, god cannot claim you as his own, but instead the devil takes you. God is good, but sin and death and satan is bad
Explain why God set up Hell as a place of punishment instead of a supernatural repair shop for these damaged souls. If he wants you to come to Heaven, surely he could have thought this through a bit better.

Quote from: "Trenfro"The proof of the bible is extensive. The proof of any other religion is either one book written by one person or just a belief passed down through generations. And as I said earlier, some things is humans just can't comprehend. We simply do not know, and that's where faith comes into play.
If Biblical proof is so abundant, then I'm sure you'll have no trouble pointing us to some of this evidence.

Quote from: "Trenfro"By trying to comprehend those questions, you, like Adam and Eve, are trying to eat from the tree of knowledge, and when you do that, bad things happen
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with wisdom and intelligence has intended us to forego their use."
~ Galileo Galili, devout Christian and father of modern science.

Quote from: "Trenfro"There is no scientific explanation because god trumps science. And it is also proven that people like Jesus and the disciples were real and what happened to them really did happen
If God trumps science, why do you need proof of Jesus to validate him? Additionally, if it is indeed proven that the events described in the Bible really did happen, then please provide the historical documents confirming this.

Quote from: "Trenfro"Let me tell you a story. My great grandmothers name was Martha. She had a very good friend at the nursing home she lived in. One day her friend was down the hall from her room and asked a nurse who those people in white robes were outside of Martha's room?? But the nurse looked at her like she was crazy, because the nurse could not see them! A few minutes later my great grandma died.
Hallucinations and delusions shortly before death are not uncommon. Your brain is beginning to lose function and, well, starts losing its shit.

But assuming your grandmother did see something, you have no evidence that this indicates Christianity is true. Give me an example of a non-Christian in, say, the Far East having a vision like this -inconsistent with their beliefs, but perhaps consistent with yours- and then we'll talk.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Trenfro

http://christianity.about.com/od/easter ... ection.htm

If I can't convince, maybe someone else can. Just keep open minds and if you still wish to shut out god, them that is your personal choice

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "Trenfro"http://christianity.about.com/od/easter/a/7-Proofs-Of-The-Resurrection.htm

If I can't convince, maybe someone else can. Just keep open minds and if you still wish to shut out god, them that is your personal choice
You didn't read a bloody thing I wrote, did you?
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Solitary

Quote from: "Trenfro"http://christianity.about.com/od/easter/a/7-Proofs-Of-The-Resurrection.htm

No! And no again. It is not a choice for people that don't believe in supernatural nonsense and magic. You are correct, we should keep an open mind, but not so open our brain falls out. You keep giving us subjective opinions and never any logical or reliable objective evidence. Can you show us we're wrong with sound rational and critical logic and empirical evidence? You know you can't and still think we should accept what you say, or any other believer says that can't.  :roll: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: "Trenfro"2. Evil in this world even with a loving god? This is because of sin and satan. Sun entered this world because satan convinced Adam and Eve to eat the fruit. And since then pain and suffering exists.

Where did Satan come from?
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!