Disproving the Christian God: It's Easy

Started by median, June 18, 2013, 03:18:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "treeman"A Bible study that proves the Bible is true. 1-THE SOON COMING CLIMAX! 2-THE BIBLE IS TRUE! (We are now living in the latter days) 3-WHAT IS GOING ON? 4-WHAT HAPPENS NEXT! 5-THE RAPTURE & THE TRIBULATION! We all need to understand the times we are living in based on Gods Word! http://amazingbible.org/Documents/Bible ... e_true.htm =D>

Really?

I think you stopped at the wrong door.  Keep walking junior.  Seriously, save yourself the hassle.
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

stromboli

Its June. I'm guessing recent Bible college graduate.

Titania

Quote from: "Plu"
QuoteA dying declaration is considered proof in a court of law.  Why is this?  When you are dying, it is the one time you don't lie.  Christ's words as He was dying on the cross for your sins are evidence.  Jesus said, FATHER FORGIVE THEM FOR THEY KNOW NOT WHAT THEY DO-Lk 23:34.  Just before being hung on the cross, He said He was the Son of God-ref Mt 27:43; Mk 14:62.

Please don't tell me this bull is true. Is there any place in the world where a dying decleration is worth shit?
I promise you this isn't the case in any first-world country, at least.

I mean, come on, now. The death process doesn't magically inject truth serum into your veins. I can easily picture myself lying to my children or partner on my deathbed to spare their feelings, or to make one last stand for something I was pushing in life.

Also, it's obviously horsecrap because lots of people on their deathbeds are delirious and delusional due to illness or medicine. They may very well claim pink elephants are coming to take them away. How could we possibly make a law that requires taking everything a dying person says at face value?
"Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four. If that is granted, all else follows." - Winston Smith, 1984

stromboli

Deathbed confessions can have legal status in a theistic society because the though is that no one wants to carry sin into the afterlife. In a secular society, they should bear no more weight than any other unsubstantiated confession.

Treeman: It works like this. This is a forum for debate. Someone makes an initial statement-the OP- and that post is debated. Throwing in absurd Bible claims- yes, they are absurd, because the bible is a work of fiction- is considered proselyting. either debate the OP or GTFO. Thank you.

St Giordano Bruno

I don't think she has actually disproved a Christian God but rather arguing that the Christian God is a sadistic bastard, which I totally agree. The paintings! well, I kind of wish she had never brought those up, we could have done without them but it is all a matter of taste I guess. But they would be the sought I would be hanging on my wall.
Voltaire - "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities"

Plu

QuoteI don't think she has actually disproved a Christian God but rather arguing that the Christian God is a sadistic bastard, which I totally agree.

But he can't be a sadistic bastard, because he's supposed to be a good guy, and sadism is not a good trait.

Well. Neither is jealousy. Or wrath.

Actually. You can probably find god matching all of the deadly sins somewhere in his book.

Solitary

Quote from: "treeman"A Bible study that proves the Bible is true. 1-THE SOON COMING CLIMAX! 2-THE BIBLE IS TRUE! (We are now living in the latter days) 3-WHAT IS GOING ON? 4-WHAT HAPPENS NEXT! 5-THE RAPTURE & THE TRIBULATION! We all need to understand the times we are living in based on Gods Word! http://amazingbible.org/Documents/Bible ... e_true.htm =D>

Welcome to the forum, and be ready to be born again.

If you had a sudden heart attack or the Rapture came in the next five minutes, are you sure you are ready to meet God?  You may say, I believe I'm a good person.  The Bible says all of your righteous deeds ARE AS FILTHY RAGS.  You may be religious and go to church, but if you died right now—you would perish to hell.  Why?  Because you have not been born-again.  You may say, "Well my church never preaches like this."  Will you trust your religion or what the Bible says?  If you choose not to accept God's way to enter heaven, then you are choosing eternal separation from God.  God loves you.  We love you too, now die and be born again!  =D>   :popcorn:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Colanth

Quote from: "St Giordano Bruno"I don't think she has actually disproved a Christian God
Omnipotence is impossible (and logically inconsistent) because no god can have the power to be powerless.  (The claim has no meaning.)  Therefore an omnipotent god isn't possible.  Since the Christian god is defined as (among other things) omnipotent, it can't exist.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

St Giordano Bruno

Quote from: "Colanth"
Quote from: "St Giordano Bruno"I don't think she has actually disproved a Christian God
Omnipotence is impossible (and logically inconsistent) because no god can have the power to be powerless.  (The claim has no meaning.)  Therefore an omnipotent god isn't possible.  Since the Christian god is defined as (among other things) omnipotent, it can't exist.

A true Christian IMHO is a closet atheist who does not believe in God but is too scared to tell him.
Voltaire - "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities"

Colanth

Most Christians are, at most, agnostic theists.  Only the most crazy are gnostic.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Trenfro

1. According to this belief, everything was created from nothing. Human life and the universe was nonexistent and then a bunch of nothingness exploded and eventually led up to a working, thinking, and intelligent form of life. Now try to tell me that Christianity is not logical
2. Evil in this world even with a loving god? This is because of sin and satan. Sun entered this world because satan convinced Adam and Eve to eat the fruit. And since then pain and suffering exists.
3. Although humans sin and break the law continuously, god redeemed us all through Jesus,  and as long as we believe and have faith, we will enter heaven for eternity
4. All historical records in the bible are true, and the fact that is is written by many different people over a long period of time shows that it is not just a storybook written by one author.
5. The video uses logic and that is all. The problem with that is that god is all knowing. We are not. We can't even BEGIN to comprehend what god knows and how he works

God loves everyone, no matter what you believe. Respond to my post and ill answer your questions as best I can.

Plu

Judging by your answers so far, I don't think you're really worth asking questions to. The answers will probably be the same kind of tripe you posted just now.

EDIT:
Gonna try and keep a list, until I get bored.

Arguments and fallacies used so far:

- False dichotomy (fallacy explained here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_dilemma)
- Special pleading (fallacy explained here: http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Special_pleading)
- Pascal's Wager (explained and debunked here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascal's_Wager)
- Appeal to faith (explained here: http://www.logicallyfallacious.com/inde ... l-to-faith)

Trenfro

Try me, I see no tripe.

And think of it this way... What if I am right and you are wrong? You suffer damnation in hell and I go live in heaven. And if you are right? Everyone ceases to exist! Seems like a win win for Christians right?

Plu

But hey, let's do a few simple ones anyway. Let's see.

1) Would you agree that some people will go to hell?
2) Would you call a parent who locks their child in the basement for the rest of their life for stealing a cookie from the cookie jar a good person?

3) Predicting your answers for 1) and 2) now explain how one can call a god who condemns people to eternal torture "good".

Trenfro

If you reject god, you go to hell. And god does not at all want you to go to hell, but if you reject him, god cannot claim you as his own, but instead the devil takes you. God is good, but sin and death and satan is bad