Disproving the Christian God: It's Easy

Started by median, June 18, 2013, 03:18:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

median

[youtube:a0nm1td5]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC2Nvo_I3os[/youtube:a0nm1td5]

The alleged attributes of the Christian deity "Yahweh" are self-contradictory and therefore we have good reason to say such a god doesn't exist. But don't just take my word for it (I know you won't) watch the video!

Christians, disagree? Please explain why.
[size=150]"Faith means not wanting to know what is true." - Friedrich Nietzsche[/size]

Johan

I think the fact that she is able to get people to give her money for those paintings proves there must be a god. I mean god is required for miracles to happen right? Or can miracles happen without god?
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

surly74

you are right we shouldn't take your word for it but why should we take hers?
God bless those Pagans
--
Homer Simpson

Plu

The argument is sound. The paintings are a bit amateurish, but I do like them. And I like her accent.

La Dolce Vita

Perfectly sound arguments, but we already know the christian god can't exist (as described) because the earth wasn't created before the stars and human evolved, and tons of other stuff in the bible are just plain wrong too - but it's nice to deconstruct all the defining aspects of the most popular skydaddy as well.

Johan

True enough. I'll give her props for that at least
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Solitary

Quote from: "surly74"you are right we shouldn't take your word for it but why should we take hers?

:-s  Because her arguments are sound and based on logic and religion is based on superstitious nonsense. Are you being sarcastic?  :-k   8-)  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

median

Quote from: "surly74"you are right we shouldn't take your word for it but why should we take hers?

I didn't present any arguments, she did. And her arguments are both valid and sound. That is why you should accept them. If you disagree, then please demonstrate both where and how she is in error in these arguments.

RECAP:

The Christian deity Yahweh, as believed by most Christians, holds logically contradictory traits (such as being all loving but torturing his "children" with fire for eternity, or being all-powerful but not being able to create a rock so big he can't pick it up). I know Christians love to just make-up their own version of Christianity (and God) to suit their presupposition (sometimes known as SPAG - Self Projection as God), but other religions do this too. It simply doesn't work and all it shows is a high level of credulity, intellectual dishonesty, and confirmation bias. How is this any different from superstition?

AN ARGUMENT:

P1- A thing, which is said to exist, but which holds logically self contradictory traits cannot exist
P2- The alleged Christian god Yahweh holds logically self contradictory traits
C- Therefore, the Christian god Yahweh cannot exist

Now there's an argument for you.
[size=150]"Faith means not wanting to know what is true." - Friedrich Nietzsche[/size]

SGOS

Proving the Christian god non existent is no big deal.  I'm convinced of that.  Another god?  I guess he would have to be defined first, but even then I would be doubtful.

Roger5462

If only people would see that their god probably doesn't exist, they wouldn't get scammed.  But too many people think that the world is too cold and need a crutch to cope with reality.   :-|

Titania

Quote from: "treeman"A Bible study that proves the Bible is true. 1-THE SOON COMING CLIMAX! 2-THE BIBLE IS TRUE! (We are now living in the latter days) 3-WHAT IS GOING ON? 4-WHAT HAPPENS NEXT! 5-THE RAPTURE & THE TRIBULATION! We all need to understand the times we are living in based on Gods Word! http://amazingbible.org/Documents/Bible ... e_true.htm =D>
Aaaaand this is why we don't argue with Christians. Not a word that was said in this thread actually got processed by his skull.
"Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four. If that is granted, all else follows." - Winston Smith, 1984

Hakurei Reimu

Christianity is a repository for self-contradictory statements, and people can comfortably hold such beliefs because they don't think about it, or cleverly redefine the terms so that the self-contradictions (seem to) resolve themselves.

Taking that loving god that tortures people shit, for instance, a Christian might say that the torture is for their own good and that he doesn't want to torture you for eternity, but he has to because you didn't follow his rules, like how a parent punishes a child for being naughty. They don't have an understanding of what punishment is FOR — to correct behavior so that one may do better next time — just that naughty acts must be punished.

It's a very infantile attitude, and you cannot expect sound reason from infantile thinking.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

stromboli

Quote from: "treeman"A Bible study that proves the Bible is true. 1-THE SOON COMING CLIMAX! 2-THE BIBLE IS TRUE! (We are now living in the latter days) 3-WHAT IS GOING ON? 4-WHAT HAPPENS NEXT! 5-THE RAPTURE & THE TRIBULATION! We all need to understand the times we are living in based on Gods Word! http://amazingbible.org/Documents/Bible ... e_true.htm =D>

Uhhh.....welcome, I think.  :shock:

Plu

QuoteA dying declaration is considered proof in a court of law.  Why is this?  When you are dying, it is the one time you don't lie.  Christ's words as He was dying on the cross for your sins are evidence.  Jesus said, FATHER FORGIVE THEM FOR THEY KNOW NOT WHAT THEY DO-Lk 23:34.  Just before being hung on the cross, He said He was the Son of God-ref Mt 27:43; Mk 14:62.

Please don't tell me this bull is true. Is there any place in the world where a dying decleration is worth shit?

La Dolce Vita

I know it was back in early American history (because I once saw a very reliable movie with Errol Flynn where they completely rewrote the life of General Custer that included that law)

Yeah ...