News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Video game pre-orders

Started by the_antithesis, February 18, 2013, 01:17:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SvZurich

It depends on the game.  I enjoyed Borderlands, so buying Borderlands 2 and getting Gaige was a no-brainer.

For the new XCom game, I had been following it and seeing that it was fairly similar to the original with modernization.  Preordered.  No regrets.  I still play the original, and this is a good recreation.

Impire, in the vein of Dungeon Keeper, no regrets.  Demon rebuilds power and takes over.  I like being the bad person!  :D  Loved DK1 and 2!  :D

Brutal Legend, yes, I wanted this game since it was announced for consoles.  DoubleFine Studios with Jack Black, SOLD!

The Cave, yes, DoubleFine!  :)

Ys 1 and 2, yes, loved the originals.

The rest of my games tend to be from Humble Bundles sales, Steam sales, or GamersGate sales on Steam games.  :)

I have also Kickstarted quite a few games.  Strikesuit Zero is one of them.
Kimberly (HSBUH) aka Baroness Sylvia endorses the Meadow Party's Bill N' Opus for the 2024 Presidential election! Or a Sanders/Warren ticket.

BarkAtTheMoon

The only time I ever pre-order games is if I happen to be on Amazon when a game is coming out soon, and it's from a franchise that I play and know I'm going to buy it. Otherwise, I check metacritics reviews before I buy anything.
"When you landed on the moon, that was the point when God should have come up and said hello. Because if you invent some creatures and you put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, then you fucking turn up and say, 'Well done.' It's just a polite thing to do." - Eddie Izzard