News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Prepare to Vomit

Started by kilodelta, June 15, 2013, 03:42:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

missingnocchi

Quote from: "PickelledEggs"He forgot to put how Murrca is also the most religious and christian country in the world...
Not even close.
What's a "Leppo?"

PickelledEggs

Ok, you got me...  :Hangman:

PickelledEggs

They should do a survey of different regions of the U.S. though. I'm sure there is parts of the country that would top the rest of the world and the fact that it is so low on that list is because of the regions that are not.

I swear, even though U.S.A. is one country, going from state to state, is like going to a whole other country anyway.

pato15

I couldn't stomach more than a minute. Did he mention how the US is the super most bestest country in ever, and how Jesus wrote the Constitution with one hand while hang gliding and punching evil atheist liberal Muslim killer sharks with the other hand?
To be is to do - Socrates
To do is to be - Sartre
Do Be Do Be Do - Sinatra

Smartmarzipan

This stuff was all I was allowed to listen to until I was about 11 or 12. That's when I moved and started going to public school. I had Carman (and other Christian bands) on tons of cassette tapes. When I discovered other music, it was amazing. Different points of view?!? Different sounds other than "generic inspirational"?!? Never looked back.

EDIT: Ohgawd, I just remembered the name of the song that I listened to every day. Some of you former bible-thumpers might have heard of it...

[youtube:2o7jowk0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUzR4HKbi9w[/youtube:2o7jowk0]
Legi, Intellexi, Condemnavi.

"Religion is the human response to being alive and having to die." ~Anon

Inter arma enim silent leges

Mister Agenda

The USA is often cited as the most Christian and relgious First World country. I'd be interested in understanding how Denmark, Findland, Norway, and Spain beat the USA on religiosity on the list Popeyes provided, as they are known for having high rates of atheism.

I know in Norway you're automatically counted as a Lutheran if one of your parents was one, unless you opt out; which could account for 32% of Norwegians believing in a deity while the country counts as 85.6% Christian on the above list.  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism_de ... and_Russia

In the USA, certain belief in God is higher than any countries on the list of European countries I linked to above except for Greece, Cyprus, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Romania, and Turkey, and possibly Ireland and Italy; all of which I think are considered Second World countries (if that, in some cases).
Atheists are not anti-Christian. They are anti-stupid.--WitchSabrina