Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Prepare to Vomit

Started by kilodelta, June 15, 2013, 03:42:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilodelta

Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

stromboli

I ushered 2 Carman concerts as a Christian. One of his previous tag lines was Jesus "split time in half!" referring to the BC and AD of the Gregorian calendar. Apparently he didn't know the calendar was a 1582 reformation of the Julian calendar.

Welcome to Christianity, where the facts don't matter and we make shit up as we go along.

Solitary

How can they so blatantly rewrite and lie about history to further their cause?  :-&  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

stromboli

Oh yeah. And somebody needs to point out to Carman that there are more professed Christians in federal government now than then, both by number and percentage. That during a time when there were far fewer religious choices in our country than now.

http://www.britannica.com/blogs/2007/02 ... s-beliefs/

PickelledEggs

He forgot to put how Murrca is also the most religious and christian country in the world...

Colanth

27 Biblical violations noted in the Constitution?  Where?  Not the US one.

Jefferson, "the Bible, the cornerstone for American liberty ...?"  Totally made up.  It never appears, in any form, in any of Jefferson's writings.

The Patrick Henry quote is actually from a 20th century magazine article about his will - the words are those of the author of the article.

We eliminated the reasons the country began?  It began because the British king (and his prime minister) treated the colonies like personal property and the colonists as anything but British subjects (which they were.)  It had nothing to do with Christianity.  (No surprise, since most of the founding fathers weren't Christians or were, at best, Unitarians.)

Webster could quote the Bible?  So could any well-educated man of the time.  And in Latin, not just in English.  That was a mark of education, not religious belief.

I could keep going, but this is just another example of made-up Christian bullshit.  There's nothing in the video that bears any resemblance to reality - it's only accepted by the illiterate, who don't know how much of a lie it all is.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

the_antithesis

Quote from: "stromboli"I ushered 2 Carman concerts as a Christian. One of his previous tag lines was Jesus "split time in half!" referring to the BC and AD of the Gregorian calendar. Apparently he didn't know the calendar was a 1582 reformation of the Julian calendar.

Welcome to Christianity, where the facts don't matter and we make shit up as we go along.

More like "where ignorance is better than knowledge."

Jason78

Full on LMFAO for a good 6 minutes.

It reminds me of a certain southpark episode, but I cant think of which one...
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

stromboli

More about Carman:

QuoteHe has received 15 gold and platinum albums and videos and has sold over 10 million records. He holds the world record for the largest solo Christian Concerts in history with 80,000 attendees for a Charlotte, North Carolina show, and 71,132 indoors at Texas Stadium,[1] as well as the largest ticketed CCM solo concert with 50,000 in Johannesburg, South Africa.[3]

I ushered 2 concerts, one in Ogden Utah at the Dee Events Center and one in Salt Lake at the U of U events center, both huge venues and sold out. I had to pay my way into both concerts, even though I was ushering and taking pledges. All the time was donated by everyone. The guy is only paying for the venue; all staffing is voluntary and free. At both concerts he whined he was "not making enough to keep his ministry going" and we took an offering at the break. I knew some of the people keeping charge of the money, and I know he cleared something like $70,000 for basically an hour and a half on stage. Shit like this is what turned me against religion. I fucking hate the guy.

PickelledEggs

Me and Billy Connoly have the same view on christian rock....

[youtube:fwuh6evs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-WJO0YQLOs[/youtube:fwuh6evs]

stromboli

Was also at a Christian Rock concert. Don't remember the band name, but the girls acted just the same as they do at a rock concert, getting all emotional and going berserk. Fucking stupid. Love Connolly.

Mermaid

Brothers of the Beige.  :rollin:
That gave me a genuine belly laugh.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Sleeper

What could that song possibly mean other than, "if you're not Christian - get out!"

I'm going to forward this to my Presbyterian pastor cousin who hates this garbage as much as we do. He's always sending me ridiculous, hyper-patriotic, trinket-Christianity stuff like this that we can make fun of together.
Because LaPlace still holds sway.

stromboli

Quote from: "Sleeper"What could that song possibly mean other than, "if you're not Christian - get out!"

I'm going to forward this to my Presbyterian pastor cousin who hates this garbage as much as we do. He's always sending me ridiculous, hyper-patriotic, trinket-Christianity stuff like this that we can make fun of together.

Yeah. There is no condemnation in Christ Jesus. But Christians condemn constantly. That is the message; you are a sinner, you are evil, you are incapable of being anything else without THIS religion and THESE rules. Fuck them.
This thread really brought back the hypocrisy of all that. Now I am nauseous.

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: "PickelledEggs"He forgot to put how Murrca is also the most religious and christian country in the world...

Hardly. According to this list the US is the 86th most Christian country. If you want to talk about religious in general you are going to need to toss Islam into the mix, and that would move us way on down the list.

Country    % Christian
 Pitcairn Islands    100.00%
 Vatican City    100.00%
 Romania    99.50%
 Papua New Guinea    99.20%
 Ecuador    99.00%
 Armenia    98.70%
 Equatorial Guinea    98.60%
 East Timor    98.40%
 American Samoa    98.30%
 Moldova    98.30%
 Greece    98%