News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

What Would You Rather Have Or Oblivian?

Started by Solitary, June 15, 2013, 12:58:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plu

One of the big problems we face is that the very thing that gives us progress is the thing we're trying to change. We improve as a society because we constantly seek to improve ourselves, do things better, faster, cheaper. But it's also the reason we screw each other up.

Changing the game so that we are no longer rewarded for excelling, while allowing us to create a better society, would also most likely stifle our ability to move forward.

Rajhoul

"Americans have been conditioned in their kind of society to get a new kind of car next year, to buy, a new television set or a new tape recorder.

We are radical as hell but our political and social institutions have not changed and this is where we are stagnating.

It must be a privilege to serve members of society. Not that we want rewards or medals or honor for what we do, because it is just an honor to do it. And if you cannot work for that, then you missed the boat. You don't understand the teachings of the wisest men that ever lived."-Jacque Fresco in 1974.

Plu

It's cute to come up with quotes, but they don't solve the actual problem. You're saying the exact same thing I am, except you somehow seem to think you're helping your own case with it.

Wishful thinking doesn't change reality. Pretty quotes don't change human nature.

In fact, if you want to go and do something about this problem, here's a quote for you.

Quote"If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change. As a man changes his own nature, so does the attitude of the world change towards him. ... We need not wait to see what others do."

Lead by example.

DunkleSeele

I clicked the link. I saw "Venus Project". I closed it.

Rajhoul

Quote from: "Plu"It's cute to come up with quotes, but they don't solve the actual problem. You're saying the exact same thing I am, except you somehow seem to think you're helping your own case with it.

Wishful thinking doesn't change reality. Pretty quotes don't change human nature.

In fact, if you want to go and do something about this problem, here's a quote for you.

Quote"If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change. As a man changes his own nature, so does the attitude of the world change towards him. ... We need not wait to see what others do."

Lead by example.

QuoteJiddu Krishnamurti: We were saying how very important it is to bring about, in the human mind, the radical revolution. The crisis is a crisis in consciousness, the crisis that cannot anymore accept the old norms, the old patterns, the ancient traditions and considering what the world is now, with all the misery, conflict, destructive brutality, aggression and so on. Man is still as he was, is still brutal, violent, aggressive, acquisitive, competitive and... he has built a society along these lines.

QuoteJiddu Krishnamurti: What we are trying in all these discussions and talks here, is to see if we cannot radically bring about a transformation of the mind. *Not accept things as they are* - but to understand it, to go into it, examine it, give your heart and your mind with every thing that you have to find out. A way of living differently. But that depends on you and not somebody else. Because in this there is no teacher, no pupil. There's no leader, there is no guru, there's no master, no savior. You yourself are the teacher, and the pupil, you're the master, you're the guru, you are the leader, you are everything! And, to understand is to transform what is.

Rajhoul

Quote from: "DunkleSeele"I clicked the link. I saw "Venus Project". I closed it.

Cretin.

Plu

Well, you're free to keep talking and not accomplish anything if that makes you happier, I guess.

Rajhoul

Quote from: "Plu"Well, you're free to keep talking and not accomplish anything if that makes you happier, I guess.

You won't change much either to do so is to bite the hand that feeds you.

Plu

I'm not trying to change anything, though. So I'm meeting my goals, and you are not.

DunkleSeele

Quote from: "Rajhoul"
Quote from: "DunkleSeele"I clicked the link. I saw "Venus Project". I closed it.

Cretin.
Says the one who believes in a glorified version of communism with only slightly nicer housing and is clearly uncapable of own thoughts.

Come back to us when you're capable to post something other than someone else's quotes. I won't hold my breath, mind you.

Rajhoul

Yes, except I posses the knowledge and thus can spead this info, you will not.

Don't forget The Zeitgeist Movement either, cretins.

Rajhoul

Quotewith only slightly nicer housing

I guess someone isn't going to like Dante Bini, or any other architect person who built something other than the norm.

Rajhoul

In the future machine automation will end the labor for income system.

Plu

Quote from: "Rajhoul"In the future machine automation will end the labor for income system.

Yeah, I'm hard at work making workers obsolete actually :)

That's going to be interesting, when we run out of jobs that can be done by any moron and only have high-tech jobs left. It's not going to be pretty for a lot of people.