News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

What Would You Rather Have Or Oblivian?

Started by Solitary, June 15, 2013, 12:58:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

:evil:
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Johan

I'd rather have that 48 minutes of my life back.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

stromboli

Rajhoul

Quote from: "Johan"I'd rather have that 48 minutes of my life back.

As if you actually watched any of it.

Rajhoul

No worries Solitary, one day the capitalistic dominant controlled media will have to adress and confront The Zeitgeist Movement and along with it The Venus Project and many more people will begin to realize that the greatest destroyer of ecology the greatest source of waste, depletion and pollution the greatest purveyor of violence,war, crime, poverty, animal abuse and inhumanity, the greatest generator of social and personal neurosis, mental disorders, depression, anxiety not to mention, the greatest source of social paralysis stopping us from moving into new methodologies for personal health, global sustainability and progress on this planet is not some corrupt government or legislation not some rogue corporation or banking cartel not some flaw of human nature and not some secret hidden cabal that controls the world.

It is, in fact: The Socio-Economic System itself at its very foundation.

Colanth

It's Utopian.  The only problem with Utopianism is the people.  We'd need to redesign the species in order for it to work.  Otherwise, it's a great idea.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

aitm

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Solitary

Plu

QuoteIt is, in fact: The Socio-Economic System itself at its very foundation.

It's just greed. It's the basic thing that destroys all attempts to make a world suitable for everyone. The inhabitants don't give a fuck about "everyone".

Rajhoul

Quote from: "Solitary"If everyone was as intelligent as Tesla, Einstein, Hawking, Feynman, Bertrand Russell, and other great scientist, I think it would work, however, we as humans, for the most part, love competition to the point of bringing out the worst in people. So I don't think it will ever happen. And as resources dwindle and the population keeps growing we will come to a point we will be competing just to get a drink of water, if a third world war doesn't kill almost every life form accept bacteria's and viruses. And any humans that did survive would be fighting with stick and stones while a shaman preys for them.  :cry:  Solitary

QuoteDisciples of the Monetary-Market religion, the Self-Appointed Guardians of the Status Quo constantly seek out ways to avoid any form of thought which might interfere with their beliefs. The most common of which are Projected Dualities. If you're not a Republican, you must be a Democrat. If you are not Christian, you might be a Satanist and if you feel society can be greatly improved to consider, perhaps - I don't know- taking care of everyone? You're just a " God Damned Utopianist". And the most insidious of them all: if you are not for the "free-market" you must be against freedom itself.

-Peter Joseph

Plu

While it sounds good in theory to take care of everyone, greed will take over. We already have people on welfare that refuse to work and just hold up their hand. Many have a criminal carreer on the side for extra income.

That'll only get worse.

Solitary

josephpalazzo

Quote from: "aitm"the problem with humanity is people

You're such a dog.

Rajhoul

Quote from: "Colanth"It's Utopian.  The only problem with Utopianism is the people.  We'd need to redesign the species in order for it to work.  Otherwise, it's a great idea.

This kind of thinking irks me because of how self-defeating it is.

The status quo perpertuates more easily due to lack of education of any other way of allocating resources or societal sustainability, than it perpetuates itself based on some non peer-reviwed made up belief that only a new genetic organism can exist in a altruistic world.

Or to put in another way as Gabor Mate said:

QuoteIt's simply a matter of historical fact that the dominant intellectual culture of any particular society reflects the interests of the dominant group in that society. In a slave owning society the beliefs about human beings and human rights and so on will reflect the needs of the slave owners. In the society, which again is based on the power of certain people to control and profit from the lives and work of millions of others the dominant intellectual culture will reflect the needs of the dominant group. So, if you look across the board, the ideas that pervade psychology and sociology and history and political economy and political science fundamentally reflect certain elite interests. And the academics who question that too much tend to get shunted to the side or to be seen as sort of "radicals".

Rajhoul

Even worse is when it is mentioned time and time again about how assassinations, coup d'etats, and a major coverup or two, maintains the established dominant power-base, thus paralyzing any thought that is not the norm.