News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Nightmare

Started by Absurd Atheist, November 17, 2017, 08:55:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

Quote from: Munch on December 04, 2017, 08:01:52 PM
as for bone tomahawk, part of me wants to watch that, I often work to find good horror movies that will genuinely scare me, but I am still to this day squeamish to blood and guts horror,
You might want to pass on Bone Tomahawk.

Baruch

Quote from: Sal1981 on December 04, 2017, 03:17:56 PM
You're lucky to even remember your dreams. I just lay down, and after I've woken up again, it's like I never went to bed apart from sorta rested.

That could happen if you're are dangerously exhausted.  I have cat napped like that before.

I saw two actual operations, B&W medical films, in the late 1970s.  One was open heart surgery, they worked on a woman, and got to her heart by cutting thru her back, temporarily removing a section of her rear ribs, so there weren't any scars on her front.  I had no desire to be a surgeon after seeing that.  Takes a special person to help in such a gross way.  I don't think I could even stand being a dental hygienist.  It is enough to help medical people help patients, I don't want to get any closer!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Blackleaf on December 04, 2017, 01:06:19 PM
The t-rex was a reoccurring monster in my nightmares. One time I had I dream I was in this giant bunker-like room, and a dark-violent t-rex that was several stories tall was on the other side of the room. The rest of the room was virtually empty, so I had nowhere to hide. I can't remember what happened after that. In another dream, I was up in trees, and the t-rex from Jurassic Park kept poking its head out above the top of the tree line like it was looking for me. Eventually it did find me and the shock woke me up.

I've also had nightmares of a monster that can also see you if you see it, or if you swallow a pill that turned you into a lure (which my little sister swallowed without knowing what it was). There's an inescapable monster that always appears if I look outside a certain glass door when it's dark outside, and this one had super speed. There was a black cat with a long tail that always managed to be just out of view (the tail being the only thing I could catch a glimpse of) until it jumps me from behind. There's a mirror version of me, which I can sense nearby, and which follows my exact movements until it catches sight of me. This one is the one I've seen most recently, staring at me from the other side of my bedroom window.

Impressive dreams.  Most people aren't good at remembering them.  I wake up often at night and I remember too.  For then.  In the morning, they are mostly gone but for the last one, and the last ones are usually the most disorganized.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Cavebear

Quote from: Sal1981 on December 04, 2017, 03:17:56 PM
You're lucky to even remember your dreams. I just lay down, and after I've woken up again, it's like I never went to bed apart from sorta rested.

I toss and turn all night.  I fall asleep after an hour (maybe).  I wake up often.  I had a friend who could deliberately fall asleep in almost any setting.  In a chair, in front of an "on" TV, in the passenger seat of a car on a bum by road.

I hate people like you and him.  Nothing personal, ;)

But the sleepless resent the sleepies...

I ONCE went to bed at 10pm and woke up at dawn and it was an AMAZING experience.  I was actually confused and had to check the time and day on the news radio station!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on December 09, 2017, 05:05:11 AM
I toss and turn all night.  I fall asleep after an hour (maybe).  I wake up often.  I had a friend who could deliberately fall asleep in almost any setting.  In a chair, in front of an "on" TV, in the passenger seat of a car on a bum by road.

I hate people like you and him.  Nothing personal, ;)

But the sleepless resent the sleepies...

I ONCE went to bed at 10pm and woke up at dawn and it was an AMAZING experience.  I was actually confused and had to check the time and day on the news radio station!

I mostly sleep well, but when I don't ... similar things happen to me that happen to you.  Just last night, I fell asleep taking a quick cat nap before posting more here, and woke up hours later.  If it happens during an extended holiday, I don't know what day it is, have to check the computer.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on December 09, 2017, 05:08:57 AM
I mostly sleep well, but when I don't ... similar things happen to me that happen to you.  Just last night, I fell asleep taking a quick cat nap before posting more here, and woke up hours later.  If it happens during an extended holiday, I don't know what day it is, have to check the computer.

I love the computer time clock and date.  It adjusts for Daylight Saving Time and is never wrong.

Vas is los "cat nap"?  We demand to know of it!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on December 09, 2017, 05:15:57 AM
I love the computer time clock and date.  It adjusts for Daylight Saving Time and is never wrong.

Vas is los "cat nap"?  We demand to know of it!

Ask your cats.  Sometimes I just lay back from the computer, in my bed (computer in bedroom) just to recover some stamina ... and find that I am running on empty!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on December 09, 2017, 05:33:41 AM
Ask your cats.  Sometimes I just lay back from the computer, in my bed (computer in bedroom) just to recover some stamina ... and find that I am running on empty!

Mine tend to sleep all night long and stay up when I am up.  OK, they're odd.  Or even, not sure which.  Let's see, 3 cats+me.  Depends on whether I count.

That's your cue...