News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Why didn't Jesus write a book?

Started by josephpalazzo, June 14, 2013, 04:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

josephpalazzo

That way, he could have just told what everyone should know instead of having the worst sources ever.

SGOS

I don't think Jesus learned how to write, which is odd considering he could turn water into wine and makes loaves of bread appear out of thin air.

josephpalazzo

Why would he need to know how to write? Being God, presto, there's the book.

stromboli

He was not a scribe and therefore not literate. Oh, and also, he didn't exist.  :-D

Solitary

:wink: What do you mean? Look at all the evidence He did 40-60 years after He was crucified. And we all know the Romans burnt all their records at the time he was alive. Read the damned bible, it's a very good history book.  :rollin:   :popcorn:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Colanth

Ant the fact that, due to bad handwriting, he "came from" a town that didn't exist at the time?  Look at the curtain, not the man behind it.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

AllPurposeAtheist

Jesus Christ man! Everyone knows he inspired it all...except the first part. He wasn't born yet even though it was written after he allegedly died'... It was written by the ghost of Steven King 2000 years ahead of time. :)
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: "stromboli"He was not a scribe and therefore not literate. Oh, and also, he didn't exist.  :-D

You had to spoil the ending?!?

:P

josephpalazzo

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"Jesus Christ man! Everyone knows he inspired it all...except the first part. He wasn't born yet even though it was written after he allegedly died'... It was written by the ghost of Steven King 2000 years ahead of time. :)
Too bad Amazon.com didn't exist then. It would have been a best seller... oh wait... :-k

AllPurposeAtheist

I think someone ought to found a burger chain called Bibleburger then sue the shit out of Christians for trademark infringement.. :)
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Colanth

Prior use, so you can't.  But imagine if someone had trademarked "scientology" back around 60 years ago.  Figure out the next big name and trademark it now.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

stromboli

Quote from: "josephpalazzo"
Quote from: "stromboli"He was not a scribe and therefore not literate. Oh, and also, he didn't exist.  :-D

You had to spoil the ending?!?

:P

That's me. Total killjoy.

Surrogate

Illiteracy seems to be a prerequiste for prophecy
Existence is a choice.   There is no chaos in the world, only complexity.   Knowledge of the complex is wisdom.   From wisdom of the world comes wisdom of the self.   Mastery of the self is mastery of the world. Loss of the self is the source of suffering.   Suffering is a choice, and we can refuse it.
It is in our power to create the world, or destroy it.
—An excerpt from The Qun, Canto 1

PickelledEggs

Maybe he was just this really cool guy. Wasn't the smartest in class... but everyone just liked him because he made the best tree forts with his carpentry skillz. And all those stories are just exaggerations of cool things he did for people. Like "jesus walked on water" was more like "jesus helped an old lady cross the street. And the reason no one wrote about him in his teens was because he broke out in uncontrolable acne and he hid for a few years.... or he wasn't as cool... you know... becuase of all the acne.

mykcob4

Quote from: "josephpalazzo"That way, he could have just told what everyone should know instead of having the worst sources ever.
He couldn't read or write.
"Damn you father for not giving powers that could have been really useful!!!!"