News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Impeach Trump????

Started by fencerider, September 30, 2017, 11:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

""Death Camps For Trump Supporters" Fliers Posted In New York" ... already had anti-Fa aka KGB threaten Carlson and his family.

The Left are scum.  Should we even bother to put them in camps? (sarc).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 07, 2019, 12:16:03 PM
"The whole thing is a lie. If you were to assemble a list, a hierarchy of concerns, problems this country has, where would white supremacy be on the list? Right up there with Russia probably. It's actually not a problem in America...This is a hoax. Just like the Russia hoax. It's a conspiracy theory used to divide the country and keep a hold on power...I've lived here 50 years. I've never met anybody, not one person, who ascribes to white supremacy. I don't know a single person who thinks that's a good idea. They're making this up."
-- Tucker Carlson
Yeah, this was the day that Carlson descended the scale from 'toady and tool' to 'fucking moron'.  It's be one thing to assert that the white supremacy movement isn't a problem: there, he'd be merely wrong.  But to assert it doesn't even exist takes a really special sort of stupid.  Whatever meds he's on, he needs to either halve or double the dose, 'cause what he's doing now ain't working.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on August 05, 2019, 05:49:19 PM
Alternately, you are (unarmed) in a room with a gorilla, a chimpanzee, and an orangutan.  Who is the scariest primate in the room?

Smartest, not strongest.  And if there is anything in the room that can be used as a weapon, I probably am the scariest.  As you would be.  BTW, if anyone thinks I am going into a closed room with a gorilla, a chimp and an orangutan, they are nuts.  I don't dive with sharks either. 

You don't tug on superman's cape
You don't spit into the wind
You don't pull the mask off that old lone ranger, either...  ;)
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Well people have their preferences.  So do baboons.  My own family is no different.  Monkeys, all of them.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 08, 2019, 06:28:18 AM
Well people have their preferences.  So do baboons.  My own family is no different.  Monkeys, all of them.

Well, most humans are closer to other apes.  If you want to say your family are more related to monkeys, that's up to you.  Do note that I do not say that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 08, 2019, 06:41:44 AM
Well, most humans are closer to other apes.  If you want to say your family are more related to monkeys, that's up to you.  Do note that I do not say that.

Always literally wrong.  I am expressing despair.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 08, 2019, 07:32:07 AM

Well, not everyone understands the differences between monkeys and apes.  The easiest difference is that monkeys run along tree branches and apes swing.  Less obvious is that monkeys usually have tails and apes don't.  And monkey skeletal structure resembles small 4-footed mammals rather than walking bipedal motion of apes on ground.

josephpalazzo

Now Trump is whining (what else) that the US dollar is too strong. Poor him, not knowing that his trade war with China pushed the Chinese to deliberately devalue their currency. It's tit for tat: Trump puts tariff on Chinese goods, China devalues its currency, offsetting the tariff. In fairness to Trump, China has always been a bad actor. But he should stop nagging the Feds to lower interest rates - that will only shore up the economy, which will strengthen the dollar. Plus by creating an uncertainty with a trade war, that encourages foreigners to park their money in the US, furthering the strengthening of the dollar.

Cavebear

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 08, 2019, 11:54:57 AM
Now Trump is whining (what else) that the US dollar is too strong. Poor him, not knowing that his trade war with China pushed the Chinese to deliberately devalue their currency. It's tit for tat: Trump puts tariff on Chinese goods, China devalues its currency, offsetting the tariff. In fairness to Trump, China has always been a bad actor. But he should stop nagging the Feds to lower interest rates - that will only shore up the economy, which will strengthen the dollar. Plus by creating an uncertainty with a trade war, that encourages foreigners to park their money in the US, furthering the strengthening of the dollar.

I'll initially be brief and insulting.  Trump couldn't think his way out of a wet paper bag.  Ok, now that that is out of my system...

Trump did not succeed at economics or business classes at Penn Wharton.  The Washingtom Post had a serious article about his entry and accomplishments there last month.  He got in because his older brother asked a friend at the school to do help.  Once there, he only wanted networks.  When a Professor said that only the lectures counted, Trump dropped his study hall group and only attended lectures.

He was not a top student.  While his class grades are protected, he was not on the dean's list (Not top 55 of 366 or something like that). 

And apparently, he seems to have stopped attending classes at all near the end,  favoring small business enterprises.  There is nothing wrong with that, we all know of successful people who dropped out of college or just went through the least to get through on their way to success.

But he doesn't seem to be the success he claims.  Dad bailed him out of constant failures.  He tried to escape the Brooklyn rent-control game (and I give him credit for that), but he failed.  He didn't mesh with the high society he was aiming for.  Not to be picky (because I don't know either), but if you want to play that game, you have to know what the 3rd fork or 2nd spoon was for and dress right.  He didn't.

He wouldn't be the first person to become angry at the High-Falutin crowd or even become President with that sting.  Or so tasteless that he wanted to "to gild refined gold, to paint the lily".  But he is the first (OK maybe Andrew Jackson) US President to combine that with true ineptitude AND a desire to be a dictator.

So we have a wanna-be dictator who is essentially incompetent at making good decisions, set loose on the world stage determined to have everything named after him.  Destroy a treaty (NAFTA) and redo it as previous but with his name.  Destroy a health care system (Obamacare in common parlance) that most people approve of because he hated the originator.  Leave most top jobs "acting" because he can change that at will.  Assign people to deliberately not do the job of the Agency they manage.  The list is nearly endless. 

I've been expecting a global economic downturn caused by Trump.  He doesn't even understand how tarriffs work (or does and is playing games for his base).  He says the Chinese are paying the tarriffs.  They aren't; we are.  Goods from China are just slightly more expensive to US consumers.  WE pay. 

I agree that China is a bad trading partner.  They steal from us and no one will do anything about it.  But tarriffs won't solve that unless we stop buying from them.  And then it will be Chinese companies selling us sneakers made in Vietnam instead.

Baruch

Yes, the trade war is interesting times.  I don't care for it myself, but nobody asked me ;-)  Pro-DoD, but I support Tulsi Gabbard's view of our foreign policy.  The Dems are to the Nazi-right of my own position.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

It's known by his associates and those who dealt with him in the past that Trump ran a criminal enterprise. His business reeks of money laundering from the Russian oligarchs. But as president, he gets to play tic-tac-toe with the economy. So far, he has had some luck as the economy was turning around from the Great Recession when he entered office. His fiddling risks to plunge the economy, and my guess if he is not re-elected, the next Dem president will have to pick up the pieces as it happened in 2019 when Obama came in and was obliged to fix the mess. In the meantime, the national debt is going through the roof - that's just a bomb waiting to explode.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on August 08, 2019, 07:32:07 AM
Read some Sarte, maybe he can help with that.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cavebear

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 08, 2019, 01:45:52 PM
It's known by his associates and those who dealt with him in the past that Trump ran a criminal enterprise. His business reeks of money laundering from the Russian oligarchs. But as president, he gets to play tic-tac-toe with the economy. So far, he has had some luck as the economy was turning around from the Great Recession when he entered office. His fiddling risks to plunge the economy, and my guess if he is not re-elected, the next Dem president will have to pick up the pieces as it happened in 2019 when Obama came in and was obliged to fix the mess. In the meantime, the national debt is going through the roof - that's just a bomb waiting to explode.

2008.  ;)

Yeah, I'm CDs and Money Markets, seeing the fuse lit.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 08, 2019, 01:47:02 PM
Read some Sarte, maybe he can help with that.

I can't wear a beret (don't have one), can't hold a cigarette in a funny way (don't smoke).  And I will never appreciate French absurdist poetry.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Cavebear on August 08, 2019, 01:49:56 PM
2008.  ;)

Yeah, I'm CDs and Money Markets, seeing the fuse lit.

Thanks for the correction, 2008 seems like yesterday...;-)