News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Impeach Trump????

Started by fencerider, September 30, 2017, 11:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pr126

Your worst nightmare is realized.
Brett Kavanaugh is confirmed (51-49) for the supreme court.

The circus is over.

Shiranu

Imagine being so partisan you celebrate an accused rapist who is being reviewed by he BAR association, who was nominated to take away reproductive rights for women, being elected to a life time appointment and one of the most powerful positions in the nation, just because it sticks it to "the left"...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

pr126

Shiranu

Quote from: pr126 on October 06, 2018, 02:44:40 AM
Accused yes. Proven no.

Accused by credible sources who asked the FBI to investigate it, while he himself consistently tried to avoid any investigation into it. You have multiple times now accused Ford of being guilty until proven innocent, so let's cut the charade of that being what you care about.

Guilty people don't ask the FBI to investigate them, and innocent people aren't terrified of the FBI getting involved.

The fact of the matter is we will never know if he is guilty because there was no actual investigation. There are judges that share his ideology who aren't accused of raping women... why is this where the right wants to make it's stand, other than to be hateful?
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

pr126

Did Ford categorically state that she was actually raped by Kavanaugh?
I did not hear that. If it was a rape, why was it not reported to the police at the time?
How about the parents?

Also, I find it suspicious to air all this at the most convenient time. 37 years later.

The end justifies the means.

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: pr126 on October 06, 2018, 03:04:02 AM
Did Ford categorically state that she was actually raped by Kavanaugh?
I did not hear that. If it was a rape, why was it not reported to the police at the time?
How about the parents?

Also, I find it suspicious to air all this at the most convenient time. 37 years later.

The end justifies the means.

And 3 people came up to say they were raped by a chronic liar? And the cover up is obvious. And you are blind.

Hydra009

Hypothetical question:  is there a conservative on the planet who is such a complete POS that even PR won't try to defend him?  Or is it just 100% partisan circling the wagons all day, every day?

Shiranu

QuoteDid Ford categorically state that she was actually raped by Kavanaugh?

Yes.

QuoteIf it was a rape, why was it not reported to the police at the time?

Trauma? Shame? The fact that the overwhelming majority of rapists walk Scot-free while the woman has to deal with the social stigma? The fear of retaliation?

There are literally hundreds of reasons why women (and men) don't come forward.

QuoteAlso, I find it suspicious to air all this at the most convenient time. 37 years later.

Yes... it's totally "suspicious" to bring up a crime when someone is being interviewed for one of the, arguably, top 10 most powerful government positions in the United States. A crime you had told your therapist and family about years before. Why would anyone bring it up at a time like that...

You have already decided she is guilty because you rather your "side" win than believe a woman could be sexually assaulted by a drunkard. And judging by your remarks above you obviously don''t have much sympathy for other rape victims as well since you apparently know nothing about the ramifications of sexual violence.

I would like to sit here and pretend to be shocked, but it's not like this is the first time you have indicated you have a bit of a misogynistic streak to your character.

pr126

If Kavanaugh is guilty as  you are all convinced, why has he been confirmed to the supreme court?
Should he not be on the way to prison for rape?

I know, a massive cover up. Is the FBI also guilty of collusion? Sure they are.

GSOgymrat

Attorneys: Christine Blasey Ford doesn't want Kavanaugh impeached, has no regrets

https://www.news4jax.com/news/politics/attorneys-ford-doesnt-want-kavanaugh-impeached-has-no-regrets

WASHINGTON (CNN) - As Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh awaits a final Senate confirmation vote, a lawyer representing Christine Blasey Ford says she absolutely does not want him impeached if Democrats take control of Congress.

Ford's attorney Debra Katz tells CNN's Dana Bash in an interview that Ford only wanted to tell her story to Senate Judiciary Committee members. She doesn't want the process to drag on into the next Congress should Democrats end up winning control on Capitol Hill.

"Professor Ford has not asked for anything of the sort. What she did was to come forward and testify before the Senate Judiciary Committee and agree to cooperate with any investigation by the FBI and that's what she sought to do here," Katz said. ...

"And this was what she wanted to do, which was provide this information to the committee so they could make the best decision possible. And I think she still feels that was the right thing to do, so I don't think she has any regrets." ...

I have a lot of respect for Dr. Ford. She didn't have to put herself in the middle of a political maelstrom and media circus by telling a painful personal story for which she knew she would be criticized and mocked. She put her reputation on the line when she had no incentive to do so other than doing what she felt was right. I hope testifying doesn't negatively affect her career.

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: pr126 on October 06, 2018, 04:18:14 AM
If Kavanaugh is guilty as  you are all convinced, why has he been confirmed to the supreme court?

They are afraid of King Trump.

Baruch

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on October 06, 2018, 03:46:40 AM
And 3 people came up to say they were raped by a chronic liar? And the cover up is obvious. And you are blind.

All humans are chronic liars ... we call it ... fiction.  What are you lying about?  Or just lying down?

Dr Ford was involved with hypnosis, and lied about it.  MK Ultra much?  Just more gamesmanship by the CIA aka Gestapo?

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on October 06, 2018, 01:51:22 AM
Your worst nightmare is realized.
Brett Kavanaugh is confirmed (51-49) for the supreme court.

The circus is over.

Not yet, the full Senate hasn't taken final confirmation action.  The media can milk this awhile longer.

The whole point of this exercise, is to get some controversial Senate votes that can't be denied, that can be used in the upcoming Senate elections.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on October 06, 2018, 04:01:13 AM
Hypothetical question:  is there a conservative on the planet who is such a complete POS that even PR won't try to defend him?  Or is it just 100% partisan circling the wagons all day, every day?

Can you hate conservatives as much as I hate liberals?  Hypothetical question only.  Atheism, religion of hate.  Oh ... sorry pr126 ... that is Islam.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on October 06, 2018, 04:18:14 AM

Putin did it.  He has Thanos powers, the Commie stones are his, in his gauntlet of Marx!

Everyone here is 4 years old, hiding under their bed covers from the Boogie Man.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.