News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Impeach Trump????

Started by fencerider, September 30, 2017, 11:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 22, 2019, 06:50:37 PM
Moore's Law, human ingenuity, and dumbass persistence...  Beats a Luddite Flush (eventually.

Only if you eat silicon chips with French dip ;-)  Humans are ingenious?  Since when?  Dumbass, definitely.  Entropy will terminate any persistence.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 22, 2019, 06:54:00 PM
Only if you eat silicon chips with French dip ;-)  Humans are ingenious?  Since when?  Dumbass, definitely.  Entropy will terminate any persistence.

If it were up to you, we would be sweeping our caves very clean...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 22, 2019, 06:55:41 PM
If it were up to you, we would be sweeping our caves very clean...

If it were up to you, we would be filing paperwork on that, in triplicate, on the cave walls ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 22, 2019, 07:18:58 PM
If it were up to you, we would be filing paperwork on that, in triplicate, on the cave walls ;-)

Me?  I hate paperwork except "after".  Keep what ya need and toss the rest...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

trdsf

Quote from: Cavebear on February 22, 2019, 02:53:35 PM
The US should distance itself from all of The Middle East.  They exist only due to oil, and oil is going to be obsolete "soon".
That's probably going to be the single greatest benefit of a post-oil system -- the ruination of the religious hystericals funded by the various Arab states when those funds go away, and the evaporation of those states' international power.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Draconic Aiur

We can't impeach the president because Dems are scared they will lose office next term. So the obvious criminal tyrant can't be purged because republicans are idiots.

https://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/house-democrats-impeach-trump

Baruch

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on February 23, 2019, 12:42:27 AM
We can't impeach the president because Dems are scared they will lose office next term. So the obvious criminal tyrant can't be purged because republicans are idiots.

The Dems, like the Repubs in 1999, only want to virtue signal thru impeachment.  They won't convict.  Convictions mean they all end at the end of a rope.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: trdsf on February 23, 2019, 12:29:56 AM
That's probably going to be the single greatest benefit of a post-oil system -- the ruination of the religious hystericals funded by the various Arab states when those funds go away, and the evaporation of those states' international power.

With the return of the Middle Ages, that puts the Catholic Church back in power ;-)  The Catholics have the "mass", they don't need no stinkin' oil.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

QuoteGee I wonder where the Coast Guard terrorist got the idea to kill all of Donald Trump's enemies?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Greeancrafk

With more than 100 million Trump supporters, even a small percentage of them, say 1%, (that's more than a million people!) willing to commit violence in the name of their idol, this country would be in grave trouble.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

I see no problem with killing traitors.  My list is different than yours.  Though neither of us are assassins.

This is what happens when Centrism is rejected.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on February 23, 2019, 12:42:27 AM

Well, we can impeach assuming a party-line vote in the House.  What we can't do is convict because as matters stand right now, there's no path to picking up 18 Republican votes to convict in the Senate.  And a party-line vote in the House just looks like a hatchet job, or a tit-for-tat for the impeachment of Bill Clinton.

What worries me more is that even if clear evidence of criminal activity is produced, you still won't get 18 Republican Senators to vote to convict.  There will be no delegation of leading Republicans to the White House, as there was in 1974 after the release of the 'smoking gun' tape, to tell him that it's over because they just don't care.  Orrin Hatch said so explicitly, when questioned about allegations of criminal activity made by a US attorney:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9Ldkn5UDsI

Not even a pretense of "well I haven't seen the evidence" -- that would have been a fair comment, and a much less damning way to duck the question.  Instead, Hatch just put it out there.  The Pope can only dream of receiving the blind, slavering support that the Orange Disaster Area gets.

In 1974, Republicans still gave a shit about the country.  In 2019 they no longer do.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Unbeliever

Those Republicans are hard to figure. It's almost as if they've taken big bribes or been subject to major threats, to themselves or their families, to keep them from turning against Trump. I hope that's not the case, but it's hard to know why else they act as they do.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 23, 2019, 07:29:36 PM
Those Republicans are hard to figure. It's almost as if they've taken big bribes or been subject to major threats, to themselves or their families, to keep them from turning against Trump. I hope that's not the case, but it's hard to know why else they act as they do.

I am sure the "KKK" liberals can threaten families, and ICE employees, just like they did with Tucker Carlson.  People here, with a different spin, would burn crosses on peopl's front yards ... at least if the homeowner is Catholic ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on February 23, 2019, 07:48:30 PM
I am sure the "KKK" liberals can threaten families, and ICE employees, just like they did with Tucker Carlson.  People here, with a different spin, would burn crosses on peoples front yards ... at least if the homeowner is Catholic ;-)
Once again you are so full of shit it is dribbling out of your mouth.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on February 23, 2019, 08:06:05 PM
Once again you are so full of shit it is dribbling out of your mouth.

You aren't the extremist in this string, are you?  Then it doesn't apply to you.  If you think that any people have a right to special treatment, for any reason, then you are part of the problem. Needless to say, the wealthy, powerful and famous expect this special treatment.  Spit in their soup.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.