News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Am I crazy?

Started by Mai Mariarti, June 14, 2013, 12:54:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mai Mariarti

Hi every body,
I've been an Atheist for the past 30 Years and I was comfortable with that and never sought acknowledgment for my beliefs. I figured, I am what I am and my beliefs are private. However, recently, I've come to question my sanity! Am I crazy or is the rest of the world crazy to believe in an imaginary God? If so, what chance do I have against all these crazy people who believe in all sorts of mambo-jumbo rituals?
Before I became an Atheist, I was a Christian and before that, I was a Muslim. I find religion to be obscene with a touch of duplicity and our belief in an imaginary God, Well, Imaginary.
Have I lost it all together? If so, How go I get back to being a sheep again and oblivious to what's real and what its not, just to feel good about myself and have a purpose again? Be it a false one.
The way it stands, I don't believe in anything super natural or magical. I laugh at the notion of miracles.  
Is there something wrong with me? People tell me that I am a philosopher who will forever be depressed and lost in thought! Is this what I am looking forward to for the rest of my remaining life? If so, why should I continue to suffer in this insane world?
I can prove God is a lie through logic alone, but how will that make the world a better place?
I am not a troll. Just want some answers from fellow atheists whom I am sure had to tackle these questions on their own at some point.

the_antithesis

They're not crazy. Just self-centered.

josephpalazzo

You're not crazy, you just got a little saner than most people.

aitm

There are less and less of those whacko's everyday. Keep up the fight. Education will win in the end.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Gerard

Quote from: "Mai Mariarti"Hi every body,
I've been an Atheist for the past 30 Years and I was comfortable with that and never sought acknowledgment for my beliefs. I figured, I am what I am and my beliefs are private. However, recently, I've come to question my sanity! Am I crazy or is the rest of the world crazy to believe in an imaginary God? If so, what chance do I have against all these crazy people who believe in all sorts of mambo-jumbo rituals?
Before I became an Atheist, I was a Christian and before that, I was a Muslim. I find religion to be obscene with a touch of duplicity and our belief in an imaginary God, Well, Imaginary.
Have I lost it all together? If so, How go I get back to being a sheep again and oblivious to what's real and what its not, just to feel good about myself and have a purpose again? Be it a false one.
The way it stands, I don't believe in anything super natural or magical. I laugh at the notion of miracles.  
Is there something wrong with me? People tell me that I am a philosopher who will forever be depressed and lost in thought! Is this what I am looking forward to for the rest of my remaining life? If so, why should I continue to suffer in this insane world?
I can prove God is a lie through logic alone, but how will that make the world a better place?
I am not a troll. Just want some answers from fellow atheists whom I am sure had to tackle these questions on their own at some point.

Life is not always easy, but reality is what we have to cope with. I'm not sure how that will make the world a better place but facing reality works better than living a fantasy and annoying other people with that.

Gerard

Solitary

Of course you are crazy, putting up with theist and their superstitious nonsense would make anyone crazy.  :twisted:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Fidel_Castronaut

If you think you're crazy then you can't be crazy.
lol, marquee. HTML ROOLZ!

JI_Joe

Quote from: "aitm"There are less and less of those whacko's everyday. Keep up the fight. Education will win in the end.
True that

Sal1981

Don't worry, you got it at the right end of the stick.

PickelledEggs

You didn't come off as a troll. No worries.  :)

And like jp said:
Quote from: "josephpalazzo"You're not crazy, you just got a little saner than most people.
You aren't crazy, just ahead of the curve.  

QuoteHow go I get back to being a sheep again
1: Why would you want to go back to being a sheep? You can make your own purpose, because you own your life, not an imaginary friend.
2: You can't go back anyway. once you take the red pill, you officially left the matrix.... or was it the blue pill... I can't remember.

Aroura33

Welcome  :-D
I hope you find this forum a great place to talk to those who have had similar experiences.  And no, you aren't crazy.
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.  LLAP"
Leonard Nimoy

Mai Mariarti

Thanks many much you guys for your words of encouragement.
Now only if I can find a way to post on other threads besides the intro. Anyone know how I can do that? Read the sticky notes and the rules but I couldn't find out how to be able to post in other places. :roll:

Plu

You should be able to post in existing topics, but not create them, unless the forum is bugged. At any rate you can post everywhere once you make 10 posts. So at worst, just start responding to introduction topics of various people or something :P

And welcome aboard. If you're depressed, there's probably a reason for it. "Finding" (or faking) religion probably won't solve that. If it does, most likely the reason for your depression is just loneliness or lack of community, which means you should really start looking for friends. If reality depresses you, stop surrounding yourself with negative people but go out and improve the world. Seeing everyone around you smile is a great way to get rid of depression. And it's easy to just go out and do nice things for people.

Solitary

Good advice!  =D>  It's also a good idea to keep busy with something you like to do.  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Mai Mariarti

I am not depressed. On the contrary, since I've accepted that I am an atheist, I've been very happy and content with life. However, at times, I find the world to be occupied (infested really!) with insane people and wonder if it's me who is insane! But then, the next day, I realize that if everyone thought like me, I would be living in true heaven.
No worries though. I do my meditation thingy and recharge and all is well after an hour or so of breathing exercises and deep meditation.
There is definitely a bug somewhere in the code. I can't reply to any posts on any thread. it says, Well, That I can't do anything!