News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Jesus Chirst is mah nigga

Started by Nonsensei, February 18, 2013, 10:15:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atheon

Quote from: "Jason78"
Quote from: "Fidel_Castronaut"Also, I really can't believe that they said 'nigga'.

Everyone says the word nigger nowadays.  It doesn't have the racist overtones that it used to have.
It is extremely racist and offensive if used by someone who isn't black, whether it ends with -er or -a.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Jmpty

OK, here's a good story. I played in a progressive R&B band in the 1980's (The band was called Sizzle)
I was the only white guy in the band. It was in vogue for a while to have a white guy in your funk band, thanks to Prince, Rick James, The Dazz Band, and some others. It was a great experience, and I got to play in some clubs where I normally wouldn't dare set foot in, and was almost always welcomed and treated with respect. One night, we were in the hotel after the show, and something came on the TV about some white guy doing something to some black guy, I don't remember exactly, but one of the guys said something about "fuckin' white people," and I was like, "Hey, I'm sitiing right here, dude." His response was " Nah, man, you ain't white. You just some kind of funky white nigger." I took it as a compliment.
???  ??

ThePilgrim101

Quote from: "Jmpty"OK, here's a good story. I played in a progressive R&B band in the 1980's (The band was called Sizzle)
I was the only white guy in the band. It was in vogue for a while to have a white guy in your funk band, thanks to Prince, Rick James, The Dazz Band, and some others. It was a great experience, and I got to play in some clubs where I normally wouldn't dare set foot in, and was almost always welcomed and treated with respect. One night, we were in the hotel after the show, and something came on the TV about some white guy doing something to some black guy, I don't remember exactly, but one of the guys said something about "fuckin' white people," and I was like, "Hey, I'm sitiing right here, dude." His response was " Nah, man, you ain't white. You just some kind of funky white nigger." I took it as a compliment.

...what?
Quote from: \"azmhyr\"
Quote from: \"quoting\"New Testament doesn\'t Justify the banning of gays from anywhere.
Well, the old testament permabans them from life tho.

Jmpty

Those guys and I were very close, but I would never have referred to any of them as My Nigger.
???  ??

NeoLogic26

At first, I was like "Ok, this is cheesy, but I guess they are trying to reach out." Then he got to the end of the first verse and I just laughed and closed the tab.
"For me, I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you." - Neil deGrasse Tyson

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "Jason78"Well maybe not everyone.  You do see a lot of people using both words in everyday language though.

Actually I wish the word had the common-day language you think it does.  

Sorry - touchy subject for me right now. Last week my bi-racial granddaughter cried hard alone in the bathroom at school because a school bully called her a 'nigger'.  She asked the punk what that meant.  She was laughed at and the bully said "cause you're black you idiot".  Was difficult on our family.  We don't use that word although we've heard it used in slang.  But in all honesty I've only heard one black person use that towards another black person and in jest or with affection (like friends).   If it were more common I don't think my grandbaby would have been hurt nor surprised. And it certainly wasn't said to her like a compliment.

maybe someday it will be common..........
but it won't be me that makes that word commonly used.  I've never said that word in my life.  And I wouldn't.

could be my age...
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

Jason78

Quote from: "WitchSabrina"Actually I wish the word had the common-day language you think it does.  

Maybe this deserves a thread of it's own, because I'm starting to feel like I'm derailing this thread.

I'm mostly going by my own experiences here, but I've heard people of different races and backgrounds using the word "nigger".  In public, and most of the time it's not used pejoratively.  Although I understand that it can be.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Nonsensei

Quote from: "Jason78"
Quote from: "WitchSabrina"Actually I wish the word had the common-day language you think it does.  

Maybe this deserves a thread of it's own, because I'm starting to feel like I'm derailing this thread.

I'm mostly going by my own experiences here, but I've heard people of different races and backgrounds using the word "nigger".  In public, and most of the time it's not used pejoratively.  Although I understand that it can be.

I think most people are relieved to get away from the original topic of this thread.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

FaithIsFilth

Awesome video. Very funny. Nice find.
Quote from: "ApostateLois"I got 31 seconds into that video and couldn't take anymore.  >.<

Quote from: "wolf39us"That was... I don't even know what to say.

@nonsensei  I also agree that being offended ONLY by white people when the word "nigga" is being used is it's own sort of racism no matter how you cut it.  I don't use the word myself, because it's just too risky and because I have no desire to use the word.  BUT I would like to say how fascinating it is that it's such a bad word in almost all context, but when it comes to rap... boy you know "nigga" rhymes with orange... and every other fucking word in the dictionary!

I remember riding the bus one day and there were some black girls in the back talking rather loudly about their boyfriends. Every line was "My nigga" this, and "my nigga" that. I was surprised that they would use this very derogatory word as if it were no big deal, even using it to describe someone that I should think they would have some respect for.  How can it be considered respectful? It's what slave owners said to their black slaves. It's the word that white people have used against blacks for two hundred years of oppression and racism, and now blacks have adopted it as just another thing they say to each other. I don't get the psychology behind this. To me, it's like referring to someone as an asshole in every other sentence, and then claiming it's not really an insult.
I don't mind when a friend calls me asshole. It can be meant as an insult or it could just be a little friendly trash talk. Nothing wrong with that.

Why shouldn't blacks call eachother nigger? They've taken some of the power out of the word. Why should they let the white racists own the word nigger and the power behind it? Does that sound like a better alternative than how things are now?

Some think of nigger as a terrible word, but language evolves and what matters is intent when using the word. Some women call eachother bitch with no offense intended. Gay, faggot, and retard are perfectly good insults nowadays and don't necessarily have anything to do with homophobia or putting down the mentally handicapped unless that is the intent.

I'm white and I like the word nigger. I grew up listening to Tupac and other stuff like that where the word is used in every song fifteen or twenty times. I barely ever use the word. Maybe a few times a month. I might say "What's going on nigger?" when talking to a friend or "Fuck that nigger" when talking about someone I dislike (could be a white or black person I'm talking about). I view nigger as just another way of saying "dude".

Hydra009

Quote from: "FaithIsFilth"Why shouldn't blacks call eachother nigger? They've taken some of the power out of the word. Why should they let the white racists own the word nigger and the power behind it? Does that sound like a better alternative than how things are now?
Racists using it pejoratively and non-racists throwing it around casually - is that better than just racists using it?  I suppose.  But yanno, as great as it is to see people exchange volleys of racial epithets, I think this is one of those things that really ought to go out to pasture.

Quick show of hands:  would anyone here mourn over the phasing out of "nigger" in the english language?  I could sweeten the deal by getting rid of whom, blaggard, and jargogle...

QuoteSome think of nigger as a terrible word, but language evolves and what matters is intent when using the word. Some women call eachother bitch with no offense intended. Gay, faggot, and retard are perfectly good insults nowadays and don't necessarily have anything to do with homophobia or putting down the mentally handicapped unless that is the intent.
Ehhh...not too thrilled about those words, either.   :|

stromboli

Quote from: "Jmpty"OK, here's a good story. I played in a progressive R&B band in the 1980's (The band was called Sizzle)

Vanilla Ice sends his love.

stromboli

I watched the video all the way through this time. That may be the most painful two minutes and fifty three seconds of my life. I need a bath.

Savior2006

Re:
Quote from: "Nonsensei"I have to admit sometimes i feel the urge to roll my eyes at black people who throw a fit whenever a white person says nigger.

Probably because they call each other niggers every third sentence. Either a word is offensive or it isn't. Filtering your offense based on the source is its own sort of racism. None of my ancestors were slave owners, so black people don't actually have any legitimate reason to get mad at me but not Tyrone for saying the word.

But they do. Because my skin is white.

What kind of fucking retarded shit are you talking about? No one in my nuclear family or even my extended family EVER uses the word and most of the blacks I hang out with don't use it either. I only have one friend who does and he's kind of a dick in general. And good luck finding an educated black who uses the word. Seriously, good luck.

It doesn't matter that your family never owned slaves. A racial slur is still a racial slur. My family never owned white slaves so does that mean I can call you honky or cracker. We never owned any female slaves so does that mean I can call Sabrina a cunt? This post is just ridiculous.
It took science to do what people imagine God can do.
--ApostateLois

"The closer you are to God the further you are from the truth."
--St Giordano

Savior2006

Quote from: "ApostateLois"I got 31 seconds into that video and couldn't take anymore.  >.<

@nonsensei  I also agree that being offended ONLY by white people when the word "nigga" is being used is it's own sort of racism no matter how you cut it.  I don't use the word myself, because it's just too risky and because I have no desire to use the word.  BUT I would like to say how fascinating it is that it's such a bad word in almost all context, but when it comes to rap... boy you know "nigga" rhymes with orange... and every other fucking word in the dictionary!

I remember riding the bus one day and there were some black girls in the back talking rather loudly about their boyfriends. Every line was "My nigga" this, and "my nigga" that. I was surprised that they would use this very derogatory word as if it were no big deal, even using it to describe someone that I should think they would have some respect for.  How can it be considered respectful? It's what slave owners said to their black slaves. It's the word that white people have used against blacks for two hundred years of oppression and racism, and now blacks have adopted it as just another thing they say to each other. I don't get the psychology behind this. To me, it's like referring to someone as an asshole in every other sentence, and then claiming it's not really an insult.

That is essentially what it is. It's an insult. Not a word of respect or friendship. If you were to ask me why many blacks insist on calling their friends this, I really don't have an answer for you. I don't know any whites that call each other honky or any Jews that call each other kike or mongrel.
It took science to do what people imagine God can do.
--ApostateLois

"The closer you are to God the further you are from the truth."
--St Giordano

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "Savior2006"

That is essentially what it is. It's an insult. Not a word of respect or friendship. If you were to ask me why many blacks insist on calling their friends this, I really don't have an answer for you. I don't know any whites that call each other honky or any Jews that call each other kike or mongrel.

There it is.
 :!:
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.