News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The Wise One's Burden

Started by Absurd Atheist, August 20, 2017, 07:25:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on September 12, 2017, 12:28:24 AM
Yes, one arm can grow a whole new starfish ... but the arm has to have part of the gut.  Kind of hard to regrow 80% of your body if you can't eat ;-(

Well, can you do that?  I'll give you an arm, a leg AND most of your guts.!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on September 14, 2017, 03:51:11 AM
Well, can you do that?  I'll give you an arm, a leg AND most of your guts.!

Yes, starfish are seriously superior to ape men.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on September 14, 2017, 07:32:40 AM
Yes, starfish are seriously superior to ape men.

Well, who is further up the food chain?  The lobster eat the starfish and I eat the lobster.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on September 14, 2017, 08:08:19 AM
Well, who is further up the food chain?  The lobster eat the starfish and I eat the lobster.

And the crabs eat you, if you fall overboard and drown ;-)  Tough getting the fur out of their mouth parts though ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on September 14, 2017, 08:19:26 PM
And the crabs eat you, if you fall overboard and drown ;-)  Tough getting the fur out of their mouth parts though ;-(

If I die in the water, I am food for all the sea life.  If I die on the land, I am food for all the land life.  Molecules to molecules, atoms to atoms, all is recycled.  And that is why I desire an open grave.  *I* won't know I'm being eaten and returned to the Earth...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on September 19, 2017, 03:10:49 AM
If I die in the water, I am food for all the sea life.  If I die on the land, I am food for all the land life.  Molecules to molecules, atoms to atoms, all is recycled.  And that is why I desire an open grave.  *I* won't know I'm being eaten and returned to the Earth...

It is a well known paranoia, that you are aware of it as your body decays and is consumed and turned to dust ... because you are still you, being only a body, no matter what condition you are in.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on September 19, 2017, 10:20:51 PM
It is a well known paranoia, that you are aware of it as your body decays and is consumed and turned to dust ... because you are still you, being only a body, no matter what condition you are in.

Oh sad theist you.  You assume I think I would be aware of my own death and end of existence.  When I die, I will be as unaware of any existence as the swatted fly or the stomped ant.  It takes a real theist to imagine existence beyond death.  And I am not one...

Why is "The End" so hard for you to grasp?    There is suddenly "NO AWARENESS".   Is your self image so HUGELY egoistic it cannot conceive of the event of end-of-life?

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on September 23, 2017, 04:36:09 AM
Oh sad theist you.  You assume I think I would be aware of my own death and end of existence.  When I die, I will be as unaware of any existence as the swatted fly or the stomped ant.  It takes a real theist to imagine existence beyond death.  And I am not one...

Why is "The End" so hard for you to grasp?    There is suddenly "NO AWARENESS".   Is your self image so HUGELY egoistic it cannot conceive of the event of end-of-life?

You may be right.  I was just quoting a traditional belief.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on September 23, 2017, 05:35:39 PM
You may be right.  I was just quoting a traditional belief.

And that was not an answer...

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on September 28, 2017, 07:26:43 PM
As Tevye used to sing ... Tradition!

Well, I understood you were a rather traditional type.  I'm not.  But I admired the gradual changes in how the daughters approached their marriages.  Sunrise, sunset...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 01, 2017, 07:23:29 AM
Well, I understood you were a rather traditional type.  I'm not.  But I admired the gradual changes in how the daughters approached their marriages.  Sunrise, sunset...

There were good parts.  The last daughter, in the book, commits suicide ;-(  I prefer A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 01, 2017, 03:41:42 PM
There were good parts.  The last daughter, in the book, commits suicide ;-(  I prefer A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum.

I don't find humor a good read.  There are a few exceptions.  Caddychack.  Groundhog Day is more my style.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 04, 2017, 03:46:44 AM
I don't find humor a good read.  There are a few exceptions.  Caddychack.  Groundhog Day is more my style.

A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum ... could only be seen to be believed .. it is actually quite close to actual Roman comedy ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-hZhr2k2hk
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 04, 2017, 08:41:34 PM
A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum ... could only be seen to be believed .. it is actually quite close to actual Roman comedy ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-hZhr2k2hk

There are several kinds of humor.  Banana Peel, Making People look Stupid, and Human Observations.  I prefer the latter.