News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Patriarchy?

Started by pr126, August 05, 2017, 05:25:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pr126

Munch wrote:
Quoteoh no feminists do indeed support it. They pretend that wearing burqa is empowering to women in the middle east instead of a symbol of oppression.
Pretend? I don't think so. They actually believe that.

Mermaid

Quote from: pr126 on August 05, 2017, 11:56:53 AM
Sorry. I don't keep honey. Diabetes and all that. Also, I don't need flies.
Quote from: Munch on August 05, 2017, 12:16:50 PM
oh no feminists do indeed support it. They pretend that wearing burqa is empowering to women in the middle east instead of a symbol of oppression.

Actually listening to feminists is not any fun. You'd rather puke up the carefully selected items you see online because it suits your line of crap.

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Mermaid

Quote from: pr126 on August 05, 2017, 12:25:06 PM
Munch wrote:Pretend? I don't think so. They actually believe that.

See, here's the thing. No.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

pr126

Quote from: Mermaid on August 05, 2017, 12:38:51 PM
See, here's the thing. No.
Are you speaking for all feminist?

Mermaid

Quote from: pr126 on August 05, 2017, 12:41:23 PM
Neither are you. That's the thing.

pr126

Possibly.
But I would like to see evidence to the contrary. So far I have seen none.

Mermaid

Quote from: pr126 on August 05, 2017, 01:09:56 PM
Possibly.

You are making broadly false statements with such authority. You don't seem like you even want to listen to women about feminism. Have you actually seen NO evidence that feminists don't embrace oppressive religious practices like FGM, burqas, and child marriages? It's out there. Look harder.

pr126

I am looking. I let you know when I find it.
Meanwhile, can you point to one?

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on August 05, 2017, 11:28:05 AM
There is no equality, between individuals, sexes, genders etc ... go back to Paris, you sans-culotte ;-)  Being fair is fine ... but nobody agrees on what that means.  Egalitarian or Equalitarian.  Only the bee hive is equalitarian, except for the Queen of course.
To knit pick, I agree, there is no equality.  We are all unique; therefore, not equal.  Like you, I like the word 'fair' better than 'equal'.  And not even the bee hive is equalitarian--ask drone, or the workers, or the attendants to the queen or the queen.  And not any bees are equal, for they are each unique as well.  In fact, nothing about nature suggests anything or any one is equal.  Nor is nature fair.  Fair is a human construct; but one that is worth to be attempted.  If that is so, then one sex cannot be better than the other (or the other and the other................).  The sexes cannot ever be equal, but there can be a fairness about how each are treated and regarded. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Mike Cl

Quote from: pr126 on August 05, 2017, 12:41:23 PM
Are you?  Are you really so shallow that you cannot tell the differences between feminists????
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Mike Cl

Quote from: pr126 on August 05, 2017, 01:09:56 PM
Possibly.
Well, open you stupid fucking eyes, do a web search and read to your heart's content.  Do you own work!

PickelledEggs

The problem is that you have feminists that communicate shitty man-hating bullshit and they are so publicly visible and they get most of the press. It gets to the point that the man-hater-feminist rhetoric becomes a huge part of what feminism is identified as.

It also doesn't help that incoherent guys like pr make ridiculous arguments, overgeneralizing what they are as well.

Yes, there are a massive amount of man-hating feminists that use feminism as a vehicle for their man-hating. A lot of that rhetoric is just garbage and nonsense dribble. But as much of a high percentage it seems to be, it does not properly represent what the actual percentage is that is man-hating. It's still pretty high, from my experience, but it's not nearly as high as what people like pr make it out to be.

Luckily for feminists, whether they like it or not, Laci Green has started being constructive about her outlook. Actually talking to people that have even the slightest difference in opinion than her. Since she is a major player in the current feminist movement, non-feminists have started to realize that "not all feminists are "man-haters".... although, a lot of feminists have gotten pissed at her for even discussing concepts with other people.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 05, 2017, 01:34:01 PM
Are you?  Are you really so shallow that you cannot tell the differences between feminists????
How long have you been on this forum? Of course he won't.... well, he might, but his web search algorithms are so fucked up right now, that it wouldn't make a difference. Not to mention that he's probably search in the way of "why i am right and feminists are wrong"

PickelledEggs

Watch. pr is going to "prove" to us his point. Get ready for that Brietbart link, guys!!!

Mike Cl

Quote from: PickelledEggs on August 05, 2017, 01:44:28 PM
How long have you been on this forum? Of course he won't.... well, he might, but his web search algorithms are so fucked up right now, that it wouldn't make a difference. Not to mention that he's probably search in the way of "why i am right and feminists are wrong"
Right, Pickled.  I did and do, realize he is only hot air and attempts to 'prove' nothing.  He likes to bluster.