News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

when God shows up

Started by Drich0150, June 28, 2017, 02:37:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Quote from: Drich0150 on July 05, 2017, 12:06:06 PM
in order to lead sometimes one must follow at first.
No shit, Charlie.  You are just chock full of trite little sayings, aren't you. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

It is amusing to see so many posts from someone with so lfew facts to provide.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Drich0150

Quote from: Baruch on July 05, 2017, 01:07:08 PM
Sorry, I don't' think anyone is choosing to follow you.  But yes, one has to be aware of the G-d that is already here/now.  It is a matter of perception.  A materialist has a stilted perception, that everything is ... material.  If all you have is a hammer, then everything must be a nail.  However since perception is partly subjective, partly objective .. there is no possible agreement, except between empirical rationalists.  This excludes the majority of us who are un-empirical irrationalists.

I have hammers a plenty I also have several dozen other tools at my disposal as well. 3 of you are nail and thus get the hammer more often than not. however I have run across several other fasteners and used the right tool for the Job. as a result i have in two1/2 weeks have several hundred exchanges with people who 'follow what I have to say.

I know that does not fit your narrative Mr. Sadducee, but so what... Can't we all just get along? I am not nor will I ever fish in your lake of OT Judaism and your nonquests for non followers.
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Drich0150

Quote from: Cavebear on July 06, 2017, 04:15:18 AM
It is amusing to see so many posts from someone with so lfew facts to provide.

I have quoted and cited at almost a 2 to one ratio, and 100% of the time provide citations when asked for them. I don't all the time because the weak minded would then accuse me of preaching!
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Blackleaf

Quote from: Drich0150 on July 05, 2017, 12:06:06 PM
in order to lead sometimes one must follow at first.

So you're choosing to follow an atheist you met online...?
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Mike Cl

He is so so stupid that he is beyond any use, even as a chew toy.  I'm done with this sewer fountianhead of filth.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 06, 2017, 12:05:04 PM
He is so so stupid that he is beyond any use, even as a chew toy.  I'm done with this sewer fountianhead of filth.

I have him on "ignore".  Just as I generally ignore the JW door-bangers.  More peaceful that way, and I talk to a better class of primates.

Drich0150

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 05, 2017, 05:34:03 PM
No shit, Charlie.  You are just chock full of trite little sayings, aren't you.
That is call Wiz-to-the-Dum Yo!

Drich0150

Quote from: Blackleaf on July 06, 2017, 11:43:10 AM
So you're choosing to follow an atheist you met online...?
I Do to a degree.

Drich0150

Quote from: Cavebear on July 06, 2017, 12:10:19 PM
I have him on "ignore".  Just as I generally ignore the JW door-bangers.  More peaceful that way, and I talk to a better class of primates.
You seem to answer to an aweful lot of posts from me... even though I have been placed on your 'ignore list.'

Hakurei Reimu

You've obviously never used the ignore list. Your posts don't vanish from sight. They're just compressed into a little message: "You are ignoring this user. [Show me the post.]" Clicking on the bracketed text expands the post.

It provides a layer of shielding between you and the undesirable.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Cavebear

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on July 06, 2017, 08:56:19 PM
You've obviously never used the ignore list. Your posts don't vanish from sight. They're just compressed into a little message: "You are ignoring this user. [Show me the post.]" Clicking on the bracketed text expands the post.

It provides a layer of shielding between you and the undesirable.

Was that advice aimed at anyone in particular?

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 28, 2017, 04:53:14 PM
Yeah, God's one of those folks you'd hate to meet in a dark alley...
Dark alleys get a bad rap.
There's no place safer than your average dark alley.
Think about it. Hoods, hookers, drug dealers and the like don't typically hang out in dark alleys. There's simply nobody there to rob or sell drugs or sex to.  You want a nice safe place to rest your weary drunken self at 3 am? Find a nice,  out of the way dark alley and sleep well. Rats and bugs not withstanding..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

pr126

Man created god in his own image.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on July 07, 2017, 01:15:25 AM
Man created god in his own image.

And we are evil bastards.  But that doesn't let G-d off the hook (cross).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.