News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

when God shows up

Started by Drich0150, June 28, 2017, 02:37:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackleaf

Quote from: Baruch on June 30, 2017, 12:48:23 PM
Too bad we can't toss this one in the same sack as Randy and let them fight it out ;-)

Oh man. I would love to watch those two debate over which one is right. Two air heads completely certain in their myths, who treat others who don't agree with their unsupported claims like they're idiots, firing their empty claims at each other. I would pay to see that.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Drich0150

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 30, 2017, 12:45:36 PM
Good one. I didn't know you were a comedian.

So you've already come to a conclusion that whatever sources I provide, they don't count. How convenient.

Not what i said.

I said a had this discussion with a legit paleontologist and richard dawkins want to be and in the end it came to the source material from the 'older religions' was much much 'newer' than the vastly older manuscripts of the bible. 2/3 of his examples went away just on that primise, and 1/2 of what was left did not really compare to anything in scripture. the remaining was empty conjecture desperatly trying to tie things like the flood or the tower or creation all together because all came down from a central religion...

Then the duh moment hit this guy like a ton of bricks...

you want to go down this road and experience the duh moment I will be happy to go through the motions with you till you get it.
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Drich0150

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 30, 2017, 12:51:42 PM
Oh man. I would love to watch those two debate over which one is right. Two air heads completely certain in their myths, who treat others who don't agree with their unsupported claims like they're idiots, firing their empty claims at each other. I would pay to see that.

Here's the thing with that sport...

What is our greatest command?

Love our lord God with all of our Hearts mind Spirit and Srength.

Then love our neighbor as ourselves.

These two laws sum up everything a christian must do..

The first command is the very reason there were so many different denominations in the NT and why we have 30K now. Because we are all alittle different our differences over time and a great span of people will manifest themselves in large cultural discrepencies. So then allply this to God's first and greatest command. So then because we are all a little different that adds up to big differences over time and people our worship will change over time and people. so then to do our best for God will or can not ever be the same as we all change and because we are all different.

All we need is Jesus christ at the center of our religion to be under the new covenant he has provided and we have the freedom to do pretty much what we will so long as it fits those two greatest commands.

So is your guy right? am I right probably neither, but that's ok, because the same grace that covers us when we sin will abound that much more when we screw up doing our best for our God.
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Baruch

When you have this, you have the Holy Spirit ...

1 Corinthians 13:4-7New International Version (NIV)

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

When you don't, you don't.  So far I have seen you violate most of this.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Drich0150

Quote from: Baruch on June 30, 2017, 06:14:49 PM
When you have this, you have the Holy Spirit ...

1 Corinthians 13:4-7New International Version (NIV)

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

When you don't, you don't.  So far I have seen you violate most of this.

Seriously? I see the opposite. Love is patient. I have and will answer the same question asked by different people sever different times. when they don't get it I take it down a notch and continue to do so so long as they ask the question. not only that I do not respond to personal adhom attacks. I stick to the mission statment. that means about 1/3 of the attacks I receive go unanswered.

I don't envy any of you. I do not boast outside of what I am asked about. and even then I do not boast, just reporting what is asked even if it is perceived as such. (I can help how large the truth is.) the word angered here was originally the Hebrew word paroxynō which means to burn with anger. The only offense i feel is when one of you dares to judge God with some foolish ideology that you yourself can not pass a similar judgement. even then I do not burn against or hate any of you.

Like God ordering the destruction of a few hundred or even a few thousand ISIS equivalent kids. meanwhile your own belief in a woman's right to choose has you advocating the death of 1.5 billion kids from just 1972, roe v wade. that much hypocrisy is too much for me to endure, but even so I will let it go once I point out the foolishness in your logic or hypocritical thinking, unless that judgement is a reoccurring theme through out your argument/you keep pushing back..

Fools and hypocrites are NOT to expect much quarter, especially if the come hard judging Christianity and God. I will fashion a cord of whips out of the measure they use to judge God or the body and levy judgement against them. better me now than go before god with your selfrighteousness and be disciplined by him.

That said I will and have always treated each person according to their efforts in a given post. i look at each post separately from the last and don't drag in old feelings. meaning I keep no records of 'wrongs.' verse 6 and 7 is why I come at some of you so hard especially those who fancy themselves teachers. If you are not teaching the truth you must be shown for who you really are.

Ultimately the Agape shown by the Holy Spirit is the Agape' that is expected to be seen by you. I have seen both the carrot and the stick from the H/S and I show no different.

I am square in my faith old sport, why? because I know Jesus was also indewelt by the Same Holy Spirit. And His 'love' was the example mine is supposed to repersent.

So again look with me to how He treated those who opposed Him Spiritually and theologically. Look to how he treated his own disciples for being short of knowledge or overtly foolish/racist. look to how Christ defended the father and how he ripped apart the hypocrites. Look at how he tore into the bad leadership in the temple. All of which still done under the name of Agape of the Holy Spirit..

What you don't understand mr saducee is the second command is to love your neighbor as yourself, not love your neighbor as your neighbor wants to be loved. Meaning IF I am good with the carrot and stick from God then it is ok for me to inturn the carrot and stick with you, even if it makes you feel 'unloved' by me.

The pain and humiliation of the stick the sting of rebuke is weak douche bagginess/self righteousness being purged from the soul.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Drich0150 on July 01, 2017, 12:59:42 PM
Seriously? I see the opposite. Love is patient. I have and will answer the same question asked by different people sever different times. when they don't get it I take it down a notch and continue to do so so long as they ask the question. not only that I do not respond to personal adhom attacks. I stick to the mission statment. that means about 1/3 of the attacks I receive go unanswered.
You are a fucking liar.  You do nothing but attack--you seem to be fully in love with your fangs and claws .  You are the poster child--especially since your line of thought is so childlike --of the stupid, vapid, arrogant, dogmatic, nasty, ugly person who is the worst of the theists.  You are just too ugly and mean spirited to have anything to do with.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

fencerider

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 30, 2017, 01:46:12 PM
The first command is the very reason there were so many different denominations in the NT and why we have 30K now. Because we are all alittle different our differences over time and a great span of people will manifest themselves in large cultural discrepencies. So then allply this to God's first and greatest command. So then because we are all a little different that adds up to big differences over time and people our worship will change over time and people. so then to do our best for God will or can not ever be the same as we all change and because we are all different.
what happened to god challenging us because we have a false concept of god in our mind?

major contradiction Drich
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Baruch

Quote from: fencerider on July 01, 2017, 02:02:13 PM
what happened to god challenging us because we have a false concept of god in our mind?

major contradiction Drich

If one is open to it, then G-d will challenge us, but we might also then draw the wrong conclusions.  The way to everlasting Life is narrow.  But I am not the gate keeper ... thank G-d!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

aitm

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 30, 2017, 09:59:13 AM
:panic:
oh noes, you found me out!!!
boy, there is nothing about you that surprises anyone here. You are just another in a long line of twits that make up excuses for each and every babble verse that science has destroyed. You have no facts, you offer nothing new, just the same tired twisted contortionist style of making up shit to cover your sorry babble. You are not impressive at all.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

aitm

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 30, 2017, 01:38:48 PM
I said a had this discussion with a legit paleontologist 

well of course you did, and I am sure he was destroyed by all the made up lies you have been yappin about here. We are not impressed by your so called "discussion with a legit paleontologist".....right..
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

aitm

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 30, 2017, 10:25:08 AM
I read everything..that is why I'm usually a few steps ahead of you guys.

I have three books of excuses that we are "armed" with to combat you nasty heathens. None of them are true of course, but YOU CAN"T PROVE THAT EITHER YOU ATHEIST TOOLS!! I have the babble and it is somewhat..kinda....if you know how to interpret it right and are trained by those who get paid to teach us...you will know that the babble is the absolute truth if you know how to read between the lines and outside the lines...and under them...and around them....but other than that..its the god spoken trufe!

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on July 01, 2017, 02:30:32 PM
If one is open to it, then G-d will challenge us, but we might also then draw the wrong conclusions.  The way to everlasting Life is narrow.  But I am not the gate keeper ... thank G-d!
Really?  The way to everlasting life is narrow?  Hmmm.................let me ask Bugs about that.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 01, 2017, 05:08:32 PM
Really?  The way to everlasting life is narrow?  Hmmm.................let me ask Bugs about that.

Bugs lives in a little hole in the ground, otherwise Elmer can easily get at him.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on July 01, 2017, 05:37:27 PM
Bugs lives in a little hole in the ground, otherwise Elmer can easily get at him.
I don't remember you saying much about the afterlife.  Do you really believe in there is an afterlife?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 01, 2017, 06:31:23 PM
I don't remember you saying much about the afterlife.  Do you really believe in there is an afterlife?

You have yet to take me seriously ... seriously!

I have said, we are dead now.  Of course that has meaning on multiple levels, but literalists can't think that way, either theists or atheists.

What I do believe is that materialism underplays what life is like, it violates Einstein's rule of "make things as simple as possible but no simpler".  Over simplification happens in theology too.  Whatever reality might be, and I make no claims to know what it might be ... it seems to me to operate on multiple levels at the same time.  Also we must cease at least in contemplation ... as to this linear time we inherited from the Medieval monks (that is why the mechanical clock was invented).  "Now" encompasses all time .. aka it is "eternity".  We are in "eternity" ... "now" ... aka eschaton, aka the living dead.  Because no person can encounter G-d and live .. and we are in the presence of G-d, so we must be dead.

This is rather important to me right now, I just composed and led the memorial for my mother today, who died on Tuesday.  One purpose of a Jewish funeral is "l'Chaim" or "to life".  My dad and mom are both here and not here.  And I suspect I am also here and not here as well.  In ancient Celtic lore, human death was birth to true life, hence the "wake".  Death is all about life, and life is all about death.  Don't try to think of them as two, but as one.  This is so appropriate to this string ... and the OP doesn't know of what he speaks ... but he will ... someday.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.