News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

My conversion

Started by Drich0150, June 23, 2017, 04:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drich0150

Quote from: Baruch on June 30, 2017, 12:54:09 PM
I have awesome powers!  I give this guy two likes, and he turns into a raving megalomaniac?

"holy land experience" ... sorry, you can dress up as a Jew, but it doesn't mean your heart is circumcised.  You pretty much discredit yourself with that one phrase.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Land_Experience

Next thing you will claim you have been to the Creation Museum ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creation_Museum

What the problem is?
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Munch

You really do have a very cardboard way of addressing how you think people should act and feel. You clearly haven't had enough life experience to understand that people change their views over time based on how their lives change and the world around them. People grow, mature, ideas evolve, they don't stick to one concept alone, and something they find in their lives down the road can lead them down another path, its called growing up.

But you just want everyone to think the same rigid way you do, which is pretty terrifying, to force others how they should think and feel. But in the end, your be the only one who suffers, since you can't get what you want.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Mike Cl

Quote from: Drich0150 on July 01, 2017, 01:02:48 PM
The word your looking for is reclaiming the text or giving the text back it's original meaning. nor that it no longer can be used to misrepresent God.
How can we reclaim something that we don't know the origin of?  We don't know (with the exception of paul) who wrote the various writings of the bible.  We don't know what the original meaning or intent of any of the writings because we don't know how many filters the writings went through.  In fact, there isn't a 'the' bible.  There are many bibles--and it is impossible to tell which is the first. 

I guess I should be put into the 'stupid' group with you--why did I bother to reply?  You are just so fucking arrogant, stupid and prideful that a conversation is simply impossible.   
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

fencerider

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 30, 2017, 10:11:46 AM
Why would he do that for you?
Who are you?
simply put there is no obvious evidence for the existence of god. Gotsto make a little more noise for the dumbbunnies or he will never be found

I missed this the first time...
Drich vs Drich
"why don't you meet god on his terms?"
"god will do what ever needs to be done in your life to help establish and maintain your belief"
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

aitm

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 30, 2017, 01:31:05 PM
You know so little about the bible
says the guys who keeps posting...book and verse? book and verse? cause dumb ass doesn't actually read the babble.

QuoteNever mind God took the time Himself to describe the process

just like he did describing that the sky is water that you dismiss, that homosexuality is just as evil as getting a tattoo, that mixing your clothing is also an "abomination" as the two previous. And that women when they start to drip blood should leave the village for a week cause she is "unclean"....what a laughing stock your god is, what a complete moronic joke. And you worship this claptrap of ignorance? THIS is a god to you? What mop head. Three month old piss in a jelly jar has as much power as your god. What a mop head. I can guarantee you that as fervent as you pray, and as I do not, we will both have exactly the same chances of avoiding cancer. Not much of a god....
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Mike Cl

Quote from: fencerider on July 01, 2017, 02:55:55 PM
simply put there is no obvious evidence for the existence of god. Gotsto make a little more noise for the dumbbunnies or he will never be found

Drich vs Drich
"god will do what ever needs to be done in your life to help establish and maintain your belief"
I like that.  Seems like he is cut from the same wood as Trump--one came make the same sort of thing with Trump arguing against himself for quite a long time.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

Conversions are difficult.  They are mostly religious to atheist, but I do know that some disturbed people go the other way.  I have yet to read about anyone who goes from atheist to theist who's live is not worse as a result.  And given that most conversions are from theist to atheist, I understand why. 

How can one go from fact to non-fact easily?  It is much more stable to go from non-fact to fact.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Drich0150

Quote from: Munch on July 01, 2017, 01:13:01 PM
You really do have a very cardboard way of addressing how you think people should act and feel. You clearly haven't had enough life experience to understand that people change their views over time based on how their lives change and the world around them. People grow, mature, ideas evolve, they don't stick to one concept alone, and something they find in their lives down the road can lead them down another path, its called growing up.
what an alt left concept this is...

Here's the thing my good fellow... when people seek the truth and FIND IT there is no need for change. it is when people are seeking the ever allusive 'happiness' that changes o happen all the time. If you took time to read the bio I left I spent my youngerdays making changes peridoically till I found God, and 25 years later I am still here because I found the truth, and as a consenquence lso found joy in it all.

QuoteBut you just want everyone to think the same rigid way you do, which is pretty terrifying, to force others how they should think and feel.
what people think or feel is of absolutely no consequence to me, which is what I am currently being accused of because I run rough shot all over their feelings. when they object to wht I have to say.

But in the end, your be the only one who suffers, since you can't get what you want.
How so? If what I want is to Share the truth I found and in the end get to do so.... How is it I o not get what I want?
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Drich0150

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 01, 2017, 01:39:52 PM
How can we reclaim something that we don't know the origin of?
"we as a people DO indeed know the orgins of Scripture. The propagnda you listen to wants to make this less clear.

I made mention to this state before but there are over 20K manuscripts concerning the bible most of which a grammatical and spelling errors away from each other. This out performs any other literary work of that time frame by a factor of 10,000 to 1. that one being 20 or so copies of the Eliad. to say we don't know the orgins of the bible is to say 10,000 more strongly we call into question anything that was written for the next 1000 or so years. as nothing even comes close.. even after the advet of the priting press the bible was the single most printed/copy book for several hundred years after that! Nothing else comes close.

QuoteWe don't know (with the exception of paul) who wrote the various writings of the bible.
What a foolish thing to say. "we don't know who wrote the treasure map... out side of jack sparrow... so we won't follow it. How about ask anyone about the treasure of jack sparrow and then see if anyone ws able to cash in on it to determine if it is a good map or not. again the measure here is truth. Does the bible lead us to the God described in it's pages? YES!!! map/bible Good!!!

What else matters?

QuoteWe don't know what the original meaning or intent of any of the writings because we don't know how many filters the writings went through.
Then it is up to God to change it or simly forgive us our errors for following the only copies he left for us. (and he has made recent changes via dead sea scrolls)

QuoteIn fact, there isn't a 'the' bible.
no actually there is..

QuoteThere are many bibles--
again no. there are many translations.

Quoteand it is impossible to tell which is the first. 
no one doubts which is first. the first codex/compilation was the Sinaiticus. Which was a hand written copy of the OT. But oldest or first does not mean oldest. since this first codex many have been found several hundred years older.. and if I remember correctly there is a 99.7% accuracy between them. barring grammatical differences and spelling. All that you know scripturaly is at best propaganda.

I guess I should be put into the 'stupid' group with you--why did I bother to reply?
what is stupid with answering with fact? I gave you facts when you gave me anti bible propaganda. what is stupid in asking does the bible take you were you want to Go? what is stupid in using the bible as a simple tool to reach out to God? rather than making it a religious icon? The bible never climed to be an icon nor anything else outside of directions back to God.

You are just so fucking arrogant, stupid and prideful that a conversation is simply impossible.
Sorry you feel that way.. What way? like I dominate the conversation, that you points are quickly dismissed, that I am not really even talking to you, but talking past you.. to your "kind."

Sum it up? now watch this sport:

Quote from: IThe word your looking for is reclaiming the text or giving the text back it's original meaning. nor that it no longer can be used to misrepresent God.

All I was saying is what I did was give the text back it's intended purpose. I did so by putting it back into context and or gave the Koine or greek exegesis of the passage.

Quote from: you
How can we reclaim something that we don't know the origin of?  We don't know (with the exception of paul) who wrote the various writings of the bible.  We don't know what the original meaning or intent of any of the writings because we don't know how many filters the writings went through.  In fact, there isn't a 'the' bible.  There are many bibles--and it is impossible to tell which is the first. [\quote]
Talk past people much? You may believe this tripe but NONE of this is true. is it were why not cite something??? You start out comming at me with an easily dispelled lie, So then how should I respond when you issue a catch all general dismissal of the whole bible??? with out reference 1? it's like you talking past me to other people who already side with this tripe

I guess I should be put into the 'stupid' group with you--why did I bother to reply?  You are just so fucking arrogant, stupid and prideful that a conversation is simply impossible.   
To the guy who goes line by line sifting questions and correcting misinforming facts each and every time you post them... Again sound to me you are trying to speak to my "type" and having brought yourself around to evaluating what it is I am actually doing.

I say all of that to say that I do indeed make a carefully weighed and measure response to each of you. I know you can't see it, but I want you to feel how you make other feel when they come to this website and speak to you.. because in that way when you take me down and criticize me, you are actually prescribing out your own meds.

It treat each post like a brand new one. I hold no grudge nor do i remember past wrongs. If you want to start fresh then just start frest, you don't even need to respond to any of this.

Drich0150

Quote from: fencerider on July 01, 2017, 02:55:55 PM

Drich vs Drich

mis quote sport.
fixed it for ya ;)
If you meet God on His terms, He will do whatever it takes to establish and maintain a relationship with you.

Drich0150

Quote from: aitm on July 01, 2017, 03:17:45 PM
says the guys who keeps posting...book and verse? book and verse? cause dumb ass doesn't actually read the babble.
Actually my request for BVC has silenced anyone who does not or can't comply to rule 11 of this forum. That is all I am looking to do.. is to thin the heard.. I want those who claim the bible says something to simply proof that claim by providing bcv. 9 times out of 10 the poser making the bible claim can't find or simply did not know the bible doesn't actually say what they think it does... So for the totally "biblicaly illiterate scholar" my BCV challenge is busy work while the adults hammer things out.

Quotejust like he did describing that the sky is water that you dismiss,
To which I answered and you were silenced completely.
Now you run around taking a victory lap?!?!

Quotethat homosexuality is just as evil as getting a tattoo,
the bible doesn't say that either. As Homosexuality is a moral sin and tattoos were societal sin/law of Moses.

Quotethat mixing your clothing is also an "abomination" as the two previous. And that women when they start to drip blood should leave the village for a week cause she is "unclean"....what a laughing stock your god is, what a complete moronic joke. And you worship this claptrap of ignorance?
OMG... you realy don't know any better do you? even after I show you all the truth you have default into a base for of ignorance so you can make the same old joke over and over.. You know Elective ignorance is not innocent, it's not a help/he don't know any better.. idk i could go on and call you names but I don't think it would do any good.. use to be name calling was a way to shame a person away from their elective ignorance, but I think you seem to be proud of what you do want to know. it gives you strength and confidence to stand up to people like me and simply repeat your self over and over and over and over and over again.. Or didn't you think I'd (and everyone else noticed already?) Hey if that's you best then have it.. maybe tell me again how you bested me with your day two question.. I seem to like remembering that one a little differently.

THIS is a god to you? What mop head. Three month old piss in a jelly jar has as much power as your god. What a mop head. I can guarantee you that as fervent as you pray, and as I do not, we will both have exactly the same chances of avoiding cancer. Not much of a god....
Define Christian and OT jew for me sport, then classify those laws into the proper religion for me if you are up to a challenge.

Drich0150

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 01, 2017, 05:11:05 PM
I like that.  Seems like he is cut from the same wood as Trump--one came make the same sort of thing with Trump arguing against himself for quite a long time.
Wow..

didn't even bother to check to see if the quote was right, how brain washed are you?

Here's a tip to sometimes tell when people are intentionally misquoting others.

When people put
Quotequote bars
in place it has to be in it's original form/un cut or eddited.

When people just use "quotation marks" they can claim to have just remembered things differently.

Drich0150

Quote from: Cavebear on July 03, 2017, 04:58:28 AM
Conversions are difficult.  They are mostly religious to atheist, but I do know that some disturbed people go the other way.  I have yet to read about anyone who goes from atheist to theist who's live is not worse as a result.  And given that most conversions are from theist to atheist, I understand why. 

How can one go from fact to non-fact easily?  It is much more stable to go from non-fact to fact.

What makes you assume God does not provide facts? Or are you just taking that on faith because other atheists have reported it so

Baruch

Drich ... you remind me of Hamlet ...

"O God, I could be bounded in a nutshell and count myself a king of infinite space, were it not that I have bad dreams."
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

fencerider

I was reading what you said when I posted. not a misquote

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 28, 2017, 11:02:08 AM
He wants nothing to do with you till you can mster up enough humility to meet Him where He said Meet Him?

Think about it. If trump invites you to the white house for a state dinner and tells you it is black tie, and you show up looking like you do now, do you think he will do a song and dance for you so that you can attend his event? Then why would God? You should be honored at the invite. It's a big deal.. we were invited to one of the inaugural dinners/ball and despite what you think of the man personally it is a big deal to simply be on the list. we didn't go and I did not expect trump to show up begging me to go to the next thing he had. So then why should the alpha and omega be made to do a jig for you? Again who are you exactly? why can't you meet God on His terms?

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 28, 2017, 11:28:05 AM
Look at doubting Thomas in the upper room, and the Saul/paul of tarsus. Jesus does not condemn these men for needing proof, we must simply give ourselves over to seeking the truth no matter where it leads us. I am NOTHING special and look what has been done for me... (ill posts a few more signs and wonders type stuff in the comming days)

God will do what ever you need done specific to your life to help you establish and maintain your belief.
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.