News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

questions and answers anyone?

Started by Drich0150, June 15, 2017, 05:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drich0150

Quote from: Baruch on June 28, 2017, 11:58:00 AM
There is a difference between reading and study.  There is a difference between knowledge and understanding.  I haven't seen any sign of knowledge or understanding.  Please check out Proverbs.

To be fair, if you could extrapolate proper understanding from scripture, you would not be the confused religious mess you boast in being. So then if your example of reading or understand happens to be the measure from which you measure others, then wouldn't stand to reason unless someone shared your views, you would simply discount what was not favorable to your brand of theology???

Isn't that exactly what you've been doing from the start? offering one liners and sniping comments from the side lines never truly engaging, because you simply discount anything that does not fit your predetermined religious mold?

If that is the case what makes you think I WANT to be counted among what you see to be knowledgeable or understanding?
in other words,
Why do I care if you see me as a 'good Pharisee?"
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Blackleaf

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 28, 2017, 01:09:05 PM
To be fair, if you could extrapolate proper understanding from scripture, you would not be the confused religious mess you boast in being. So then if your example of reading or understand happens to be the measure from which you measure others, then wouldn't stand to reason unless someone shared your views, you would simply discount what was not favorable to your brand of theology???

Isn't that exactly what you've been doing from the start? offering one liners and sniping comments from the side lines never truly engaging, because you simply discount anything that does not fit your predetermined religious mold?

If that is the case what makes you think I WANT to be counted among what you see to be knowledgeable or understanding?
in other words,
Why do I care if you see me as a 'good Pharisee?"

Ask yourself this: Why do I and some other atheists here respect Baruch, who is a theist, but not respect you? Clearly, it isn't a mere difference of opinions and beliefs that makes us see you as a moron, because we don't see Baruch in the same light at all. So what's the difference between you and Baruch? Why is he a valued member of our forums, but you are looked down on as the newest idiot of the month?
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Drich0150

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 28, 2017, 01:19:34 PM
Ask yourself this: Why do I and some other atheists here respect Baruch, who is a theist, but not respect you? Clearly, it isn't a mere difference of opinions and beliefs that makes us see you as a moron, because we don't see Baruch in the same light at all. So what's the difference between you and Baruch? Why is he a valued member of our forums, but you are looked down on as the newest idiot of the month?
why do zoo's like claw-less and toothless tigers? because they are harmless. No offense to Mr.Obama but if I had someone that looked like sounded like a 600 lb tiger but in the back of my mind knew he could hurt me I'd like to have him around myself.

Here's the thing though sport. that's not me. If you want to have all you debates softballed pitched to you then I'm sure mr. obama more than fits the bill. however if you want to be challenged and have your ideology challenged to the point of truth, then I need my fangs and claws to help you carve down all the B/S you spent a life time surrounding yourself with.

Sorry but that's the way it is.

besides that who else is going to call you for trying to use peer pressure to regulate my responses to you? seriously dude. I need to seriously respect you for that, and that move alone just emptied the can..

True and an accurate picture of the God of the bible is what I am here to provide to anyone who wants it. Sorry but not sorry if the God of the bible is s little harder to dismiss than the god you put away for not bring you the girl you wanted in school.
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Blackleaf

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 28, 2017, 01:36:00 PM
why do zoo's like claw-less and toothless tigers? because they are harmless. No offense to Mr.Obama but if I had someone that looked like sounded like a 600 lb tiger but in the back of my mind knew he could hurt me I'd like to have him around myself.

Here's the thing though sport. that's not me. If you want to have all you debates softballed pitched to you then I'm sure mr. obama more than fits the bill. however if you want to be challenged and have your ideology challenged to the point of truth, then I need my fangs and claws to help you carve down all the B/S you spent a life time surrounding yourself with.

Sorry but that's the way it is.

besides that who else is going to call you for trying to use peer pressure to regulate my responses to you? seriously dude. I need to seriously respect you for that, and that move alone just emptied the can..

True and an accurate picture of the God of the bible is what I am here to provide to anyone who wants it. Sorry but not sorry if the God of the bible is s little harder to dismiss than the god you put away for not bring you the girl you wanted in school.

Wrong again. Baruch is accepted here because he is an expert. He is knowledgeable. He speaks and writes in Hebrew, and has many years of experience to speak from. You, on the other hand, are an expert only in your own eyes. A typical, arrogant Christian. It's a wonder you can stand with a head that big.
--Fulke Greville--

Drich0150

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 28, 2017, 02:01:34 PM
Wrong again. Baruch is accepted here because he is an expert. He is knowledgeable. He speaks and writes in Hebrew, and has many years of experience to speak from. You, on the other hand, are an expert only in your own eyes. A typical, arrogant Christian. It's a wonder you can stand with a head that big.

Such an expert he lost his faith.... hmmm that's like being such a good car mechanic that you car doesn't start, or such a good chef that everything you cook is too salty.. Riddle me this what if you toothless tiger turn his fangs on you? what if he took reading and writting in hebrew (which again I have left many passages broken down for you in the hebrew and english as well but appearently you skip over the bits that makes you look bad) and many years of experience and turned them on you? What if he started like I did and broke down you little so story on why you are not Christian and assigned a spiritual fault to it, would all of that mastery and knowedge mean the same to you then/ or would he be another joke ass hole like me?

That's what I mean by toothless tiger sport. because he does not attack beyond a mild gumming he is your buddy. but if he were to take down the BS that you believe and show you the foolishness of it all, you'd be singing a different tune.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 28, 2017, 02:33:39 PM
Such an expert he lost his faith.... hmmm that's like being such a good car mechanic that you car doesn't start, or such a good chef that everything you cook is too salty.. Riddle me this what if you toothless tiger turn his fangs on you? what if he took reading and writting in hebrew (which again I have left many passages broken down for you in the hebrew and english as well but appearently you skip over the bits that makes you look bad) and many years of experience and turned them on you? What if he started like I did and broke down you little so story on why you are not Christian and assigned a spiritual fault to it, would all of that mastery and knowedge mean the same to you then/ or would he be another joke ass hole like me?

That's what I mean by toothless tiger sport. because he does not attack beyond a mild gumming he is your buddy. but if he were to take down the BS that you believe and show you the foolishness of it all, you'd be singing a different tune.
Once again you assume you know what we on this board think and reason; what we have studied or experienced.  But then, you are a theist and do not need to think or reason--in fact, you are not supposed to do that.  All you aspire is to believe and have faith which shuns thinking and reasoning.  You have shown you are good at creating far fetched fictions and then believing in them and being proud of your faith.  I'm sure those in the insane houses of worship (all of them) think you are right on.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Drich0150

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 28, 2017, 02:40:05 PM
Once again you assume you know what we on this board think and reason; what we have studied or experienced.  But then, you are a theist and do not need to think or reason--in fact, you are not supposed to do that.  All you aspire is to believe and have faith which shuns thinking and reasoning.  You have shown you are good at creating far fetched fictions and then believing in them and being proud of your faith.  I'm sure those in the insane houses of worship (all of them) think you are right on.

I gave a whole list of reason to why I think what I do. anyone of which is open for correction. however that is not your game, that is not what you want. you want no trial but the right to judge and condemn. if this weren't the case it would have been easy for you to simply show me where i was wrong. but rather you show contempt and anger for the time I have shared with you.

Unbeliever

Quote from: aitm on June 27, 2017, 05:14:56 PM
of course, why cutting the skin off your dick is just "basic respect"... killing your son if he disobeys is just "paying omage". Forcing your daughter to marry her rapist is just "basic respect"... cutting off your wifes' body parts for coming to your defense is simply "paying omage". Demanding you kill babies and rape little girls is simply asking for respect and reverence to repent..."despite the cost". What a fucking piece of shit god....what a piece of shit follower.
Piece of shit is exactly the way he likes to send us messages!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzbwNpmzURg

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Blackleaf

lol! He lost the faith, therefore he must know nothing. What moronic logic.
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Hahah ... lost my faith?  You really do jump to conclusions!  I rate a major theist here ... my faith grows every day.  And I hope yours does too.  The regular folks ... they have a lot to offer as human beings, most of them with lots of experience and many with years of Bible study behind them.  And I don't judge any of them (in a religious sense) ... I don't like all of them, but I do like many of them.

BTW - in a vivid dream years ago, I already met Jesus.  Have you?  What I got out of that and all the rest, is that any realistic Jesus, is Jewish, not Christian.  But as Jewish, I don't seek to convert people (I will leave the Buddhists, Christians and Muslims to do that).  I simply put my light on a stand, and stand back!  I teach Hebrew to adults at synagogue ... you know, that place that Jesus attended?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

I too had a vivid dream in which I met Jesus. It was pretty weird, though:

Jesus and I, and some other friends of ours were at an execution where the emperor's representative was going to let some really big boulders roll down a big ramp and crush the prisoners below. But when they cut the ropes that were holding the boulders, nothing at all happened. His guys were jumping up and down on the boulders trying to get them to fall, but they just stayed right where they were, hanging on nothing at the top of the ramp. Jesus was laughing so hard! We all (his buddies) knew what he was doing, so we were all laughing too, while the authorities were ranting and raving, so mad were they.

Next Jesus and I went to a sort of pub, where he told me to wait in the next room while he got us some drinks. While I was waiting for him, he told some big ugly mean guys that I thought they were weak cowards, and that I could whip them all!

Well, they did indeed get very angry, and came into the room I was in with the intention of proving me wrong. But Jesus had secretly given me great fighting prowess, so I really did kick their big tough butts.

But I was so mad at Jesus for doing that to me that when I found him outside, laughing his ass of, I grabbed him by the throat and slammed him as hard as I could on his back on the ground. But, of course, being Jesus, he just turned himself into stone until after he hit the ground, and then jumped up, completely unhurt, and we both laughed at that!

Then I woke up.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Now you are engaging me ;-)  Until now, there was no point in shadow boxing ...

I do have a proper understanding of scripture ... unfortunately there is no way to communicate anything, including that, except with people with an equivalent level of experience.  BTW - the only people serious about religion, are atheists and heretics ... the non-conformists are the one's who care the most.  Abraham, Jacob, Joseph, Moses etc and Jesus, James, Paul  etc were all non-conformists.  Of course just being non-conformist doesn't mean you have insight .. it is just that the sheeple don't have insight.  Not that there is anything wrong with that.  G-d must love sheeple a great deal ... but was willing to seek out the one lost sheep, and valued it over the 99 who stayed on tune.

As a Jewish person, and an informed skeptic ... I have no problem with people not sharing my views.  That isn't my mission from G-d.  I know my mission, and that isn't part of it.  The Great Commission is very misunderstood by Christians ... unless "they know us by our love".  Until the Christian religion got taken over by the Roman Mafia ... it had some potential as a movement.  After that, only individual Christians get it ... in spite of the religion.  But this is true of Judaism and Islam too.  Living religion is spiritual, not material ... and it is love, not hate.  Reread Paul on "love" ... you are don't get him too well yet ... but do keep trying!  Paul was a great rabbi ... heretical rabbi.

Why does verbosity count?  Isn't that false sophistry?  Have you never heard of Jewish humor?  And aren't you the pot calling the kettle black?  Einstein said, if you can't explain something to a 6 year old, then you don't really understand it yourself.  I wish college professors would take heed.

If that is the case what makes you think I WANT to be counted among what you see to be knowledgeable or understanding? in other words,  Why do I care if you see me as a 'good Pharisee?"

First of all, I am not a Pharisee, or a Sadducee.  And I don't claim to be "good" anything.  As to what you need to think, feel, and do ... that is between you and G-d.  A great rabbi, Rabbe Nachman of Bratislava once said ... "When Mordecai (in Poland) went before HaShem ... he apologized for not being more like Moses or David.  But HaShem surprised him ... HaShem said "I didn't want you to be more like Moses or David ... I wanted you to be more like Mordecai (in Poland)"".
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 28, 2017, 07:02:14 PM
I too had a vivid dream in which I met Jesus. It was pretty weird, though:

Jesus and I, and some other friends of ours were at an execution where the emperor's representative was going to let some really big boulders roll down a big ramp and crush the prisoners below. But when they cut the ropes that were holding the boulders, nothing at all happened. His guys were jumping up and down on the boulders trying to get them to fall, but they just stayed right where they were, hanging on nothing at the top of the ramp. Jesus was laughing so hard! We all (his buddies) knew what he was doing, so we were all laughing too, while the authorities were ranting and raving, so mad were they.

Next Jesus and I went to a sort of pub, where he told me to wait in the next room while he got us some drinks. While I was waiting for him, he told some big ugly mean guys that I thought they were weak cowards, and that I could whip them all!

Well, they did indeed get very angry, and came into the room I was in with the intention of proving me wrong. But Jesus had secretly given me great fighting prowess, so I really did kick their big tough butts.

But I was so mad at Jesus for doing that to me that when I found him outside, laughing his ass of, I grabbed him by the throat and slammed him as hard as I could on his back on the ground. But, of course, being Jesus, he just turned himself into stone until after he hit the ground, and then jumped up, completely unhurt, and we both laughed at that!

Then I woke up.

The Emperor is a bowler in Boulder?  Who knew! ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 28, 2017, 03:34:40 PM
I gave a whole list of reason to why I think what I do. anyone of which is open for correction. however that is not your game, that is not what you want. you want no trial but the right to judge and condemn. if this weren't the case it would have been easy for you to simply show me where i was wrong. but rather you show contempt and anger for the time I have shared with you.
No, you gave no reasons.  You gave a bunch of what if's.  And your beliefs.  By reasons, I mean empirical evidence.  Thinking requires to examine facts.  Not personal stories--those can never be proven.  Not beliefs, for they cannot be proven either and faith is just blindness.  I did not ask you here--nobody did.  You came of your own accord.  If you don't like your treatment ask you fictional  god to fix it for you.  Or stay away.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

invisibleandpink

Question 1 ; I'm actually curious to know. Drich, how do you personally view anyone whom isn't a faithful follower of your God?

Do you view us as 'lost', 'pitiful' or perhaps even 'ignorant'?

As a follower of the Invisible and Pink Unicorn I've found that She is very tolerant and even forgiving of those whom do not acknowledge and praise Her existence.

Question 2 ; How do you envision 'hell' or even 'heaven' if you actually do believe in it?

"Don't come to me 'less you got some evidence."

"And trust and believe, it better make sense."