News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

questions and answers anyone?

Started by Drich0150, June 15, 2017, 05:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drich0150

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 27, 2017, 02:25:32 PM
And isn't that what all snake oil salesmen just love???!!!  God will open every and any door--just ask!  The only reason that door isn't wide open is because you did it wrong.  Or not enough.  Or you did not tithe enough.  Or you need to be baptized or cleanzed, or fill in the blank.  Yep--christian ministers from the beginning loved that passage--and used it as a club to control the flock.  We all know you can have the holy spirit for the asking.  And if you asked and did not get it, then the fault lies with(in) you.  So, do it again--better.  And again.

Once again babble from the babble which is fiction about a fictional god and savior.  What a load of crap--crap that is eaten daily.  Sad.

Or as in your case not you were not even aware the method you must pray to receive the Holy Spirit. So you never even got around to it.. yet somehow you are trying to make this about impossible goals, or endless religious requirements...

Here's a thought how about maybe try and keep an open mind at least till you tried it.

1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Drich0150

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 27, 2017, 04:52:10 PM
I did ask him, on several occasions. So either he was ignoring me, he was taking a nap, or he doesn't exist. And once again, your attempts to claim that I somehow missed something have failed. I was fully immersed into the quest for God, more so than the vast majority of Christians, and most likely more so than you, and turned up empty. Perhaps one day, you'll wake up and realize all of the evidence you have of God is in your head.

Did you follow the example given in the parable?

No you did not.

Before you offer your ya,huh in response please explain what the method presented in the parable in relation to what you did.

It's easy to claim you did abc, (even though you a-holes but a post ago were all asking what do we do/Meaning you did not know/you did not ask) you just more than likly asked for what you wanted earnestly and got nothing.

Seriously, if you don't know what you are asking for or don't know to want it badly enough to know how to ask... why would God give you anything?
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Drich0150

Quote from: aitm on June 27, 2017, 05:14:56 PM
of course, why cutting the skin off your dick is just "basic respect"
book chapter and verse please..
... killing your son if he disobeys is just "paying omage".
Book chapter and verse please...

QuoteForcing your daughter to marry her rapist is just "basic respect"
book chapter and verse please...

Quotecutting off your wifes' body parts for coming to your defense is simply "paying omage".
book chapter and verse please.

Demanding you kill babies and rape little girls is simply asking for respect and reverence to repent..."despite the cost". What a fucking piece of shit god....what a piece of shit follower.

I seek validation per rule 6 to your quotations.

It seems to me you are quoting several different religions and wrongfully applying them to a straw man version of Christianity.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 28, 2017, 08:57:14 AM
Did you follow the example given in the parable?

No you did not.

Before you offer your ya,huh in response please explain what the method presented in the parable in relation to what you did.

It's easy to claim you did abc, (even though you a-holes but a post ago were all asking what do we do/Meaning you did not know/you did not ask) you just more than likly asked for what you wanted earnestly and got nothing.

Seriously, if you don't know what you are asking for or don't know to want it badly enough to know how to ask... why would God give you anything?

No. I'm done justifying myself to you. Nothing I can say will ever convince your type.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Mike Cl

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 28, 2017, 08:53:40 AM
Or as in your case not you were not even aware the method you must pray to receive the Holy Spirit. So you never even got around to it.. yet somehow you are trying to make this about impossible goals, or endless religious requirements...

Here's a thought how about maybe try and keep an open mind at least till you tried it.
Once again the assumptions that you know what I've done and how I've done it. 

And this is not about impossible goals--it's about nonexistent goals.  Can't reach goals that never was; that is beyond impossible.  As far as keeping an open mind--look in the mirror when you say that.  You have about as closed a mind as I've ever run across.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

aitm

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 28, 2017, 09:30:15 AM
book chapter and verse please..Book chapter and verse please...
book chapter and verse please...
book chapter and verse please.

And there you have the typical xian. They know all about the parts of the babble ceptin' the parts they don't like.

Everything is in the babble boy. Read it for once.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Drich0150

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 28, 2017, 09:36:25 AM
No. I'm done justifying myself to you. Nothing I can say will ever convince your type.

You don't have to justify anything. I simply pointout you were completely oblivious to what you have to do to obtain the holy spirit just one or two posts ago and then when I share luke 11 you claimed it to be "old hat."

That's me calling BS on your story, not asking you to reconcile anything. I know what happened so does everyone else so feel safe behind the idea that I haven't asked you to justify anything.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 28, 2017, 10:08:42 AM
You don't have to justify anything. I simply pointout you were completely oblivious to what you have to do to obtain the holy spirit just one or two posts ago and then when I share luke 11 you claimed it to be "old hat."

That's me calling BS on your story, not asking you to reconcile anything. I know what happened so does everyone else so feel safe behind the idea that I haven't asked you to justify anything.

Me, oblivious. Right.

--Fulke Greville--

Drich0150

Quote from: aitm on June 28, 2017, 10:05:40 AM
And there you have the typical xian. They know all about the parts of the babble ceptin' the parts they don't like.

Everything is in the babble boy. Read it for once.
look sport I've studied the bible for more than 25 years, and never once has God asked any of that from any of us. That makes you in violation of rule 11. unless you can provide proof otherwise. so again put up or shut up I am asking you for BCV. If you want to claim the bible says abc stand behind your claim and provide the citation when ask.

Again this is your rule not mine. are you not able to obey your own rules? or are these rules just for Christians coming in?

Blackleaf

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 28, 2017, 10:15:03 AM
look sport I've studied the bible for more than 25 years

Since we're calling each other out for bullshit, I'm going to remind you what you said shortly after coming here.

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 16, 2017, 11:02:30 AMSo again the question "have you read the bible from cover to cover" is a trick question. Because the bible is not one single book but a collection of books and letters. One must read it according to subject matter or one signifies that he does not know what he is doing.

No I have not read the bible from cover to cover because I understand that is not how is it to be read.

You claim to know a Bible you haven't thoroughly studied. You focused on the easier to swallow New Testament and ignored the many parts that were too disgusting for your pallet. People here have actually read the Bible from cover to cover. We know the Bible better than you.
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 28, 2017, 10:08:42 AM

You don't obtain the Holy Spirit, the Holy Spirit obtains you.  Paranormal events are common, to atheists and pagans too.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 28, 2017, 10:15:03 AM
look sport I've studied the bible for more than 25 years, and never once has God asked any of that from any of us. That makes you in violation of rule 11. unless you can provide proof otherwise. so again put up or shut up I am asking you for BCV. If you want to claim the bible says abc stand behind your claim and provide the citation when ask.

Again this is your rule not mine. are you not able to obey your own rules? or are these rules just for Christians coming in?

There is a difference between reading and study.  There is a difference between knowledge and understanding.  I haven't seen any sign of knowledge or understanding.  Please check out Proverbs.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Drich0150

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 28, 2017, 10:21:30 AM
Since we're calling each other out for bullshit, I'm going to remind you what you said shortly after coming here.

You claim to know a Bible you haven't thoroughly studied. You focused on the easier to swallow New Testament and ignored the many parts that were too disgusting for your pallet. People here have actually read the Bible from cover to cover. We know the Bible better than you.

Are you stupid or something?

I've pointed out reading the bible cover to cover is not how the bible was indended to be read. This does not mean i did not read the bible. I pointed out that the bible was a SERIES of other books, and I even went so far as to post how the bible was classified and what Order I did read the bible in. Then I explained to ask someone if you read the bible from cover to cover is a trick question. Because again that is not how it is meant to be read, so if you do read it that way you don't know what you are doing.

That said if you know the bible better how many times have you broken out the original Koine Greek or Hebrew to provide the proper exegesis of a given word or passage? I have at least 2 dozen times.  If you know the bible better than I do why are you asking me how to obtain the Holy Spirit? why couldn't you at least do an index search or something? If you know the bible better than i do then why ask the stupid day two question about water above the sky.. 9oh because maybe you don't understand basic science) never mind on that one.

Again I have spent my adult life in study, and as a result found God. You have the commentary and faith in others like you that someone on your side is smarter... Here's the thing sport. I've done all the leg work my self, my theories and shared stories are my own. I filter them nor my responses through anyone else. So when you challenge me you are challenging the direct source, unlike when I challenge one of you, and all you have to argue is the content of the commentary you are puking up before me.

So sit down mud duck, you ain't got nthn on me

Blackleaf

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 28, 2017, 12:58:33 PM
Are you stupid or something?

Yes. Clearly I'm stupid for thinking that you have to read a book to know what it says.
--Fulke Greville--

Drich0150

Quote from: Baruch on June 28, 2017, 11:55:45 AM
You don't obtain the Holy Spirit, the Holy Spirit obtains you.  Paranormal events are common, to atheists and pagans too.
The picture often described is a pouring out or a gift being given this would indicate obtaining a measure of the infinate Holy Spirit. As not everyone has the same gifts of depth of gift, but we are given what we can manage at the time/think parable of the talents.

That is true many outside of God experience things... That is because God is not the only being offering such a 'ride.'