News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

I h8 you mom

Started by theory816, June 11, 2013, 11:07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smartmarzipan

I think you should do the pluralistic thing that many places are trying to do.....hang up pictures of all different kinds of religious things so no one gets left out. Islam, Judaism, Buddhism, Sikhism, Wicca, etc. Just paper that wall with it and tell her to keep an open mind.

EDIT: Wait, better idea. Cut out little things that say "Pew! Pew! Gotcha with my nipple lasers!" and stick them to the picture.
Legi, Intellexi, Condemnavi.

"Religion is the human response to being alive and having to die." ~Anon

Inter arma enim silent leges

Titania

I don't understand. "If I told her I was atheist it might kill her"? I think it's probably more disrespectful to your mother to baby her into believing in Santa Claus than to tell her straight-up that she's been living a lie.

Besides, I have no respect for a relative (or anyone) who believes irrational horsecrap. Yeah, I'm a cunt. Sue me. My father is my only surviving relative and I tell him all the time that his Catholic beliefs are idiotic. Just today I laughed in his face about how our old archbishop got kicked out for masterminding a boy-rape ring, and I rub it in his face constantly that as hard as he prays, none of his prayers ever come true any more than random chance would allow. The guy's generally not stupid, so he needs to grow up, and I won't feed his brain rot. 60 years old is old enough for him to have figured reality out on his own.
"Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four. If that is granted, all else follows." - Winston Smith, 1984

stromboli

People have the right to their beliefs, even if you don't agree. Rubbing dirt in someone's face doesn't accomplish anything other than raising animosity that wasn't there previously.

Titania

Quote from: "stromboli"People have the right to their beliefs, even if you don't agree. Rubbing dirt in someone's face doesn't accomplish anything other than raising animosity that wasn't there previously.
Everyone has equal right to their beliefs, but not everyone's beliefs are equally right.

And as my father's only living relative, I have a moral obligation to point out when his mind is tricking him into bullshit.
"Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four. If that is granted, all else follows." - Winston Smith, 1984