Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

Seems rather happy clapping on talking about islam and covering a layer of icing over the bad parts.

I think one comment got it right however.

Quote"You forgot to mention how sharia law is the only religious law that is incompatible with democracy and human rights and perpetrates oppression of women, religious minorities, gays, atheists, and ex-muslims by means of cruel and unusual punishments and fear through ideas of blind obedience. You also forgot to mention the differences of dar al-Islam and dar al-Harb and the concept of taqiyya. Perhaps a node to the 1990 Cairo Declaration of Human Rights would be also enlightening. But hey, this is a happy channel, so let's talk about happy stuff, right? Liberal, well-meaning, westerneer optimistic happy video! Yay!"
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Which is why all churches, synagogues, temples etc should be closed, because all power should originate in The Party - Lenin

The Americans are pacifists, they have never made war on anyone.  But as long as we are on the right side of Greek/gay history ... it is OK what we do in Syria.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Quote"You forgot to mention how sharia law is the only religious law that is incompatible with democracy and human rights...

The shit this guy smoking?
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Munch

Quote from: Shiranu on May 04, 2017, 12:48:06 PM
The shit this guy smoking?

So sharia law now is comparable with human rights laws? Well I suppose to places where sharia law is the norm it would be perfectly comparable for those living their to follow it, if they enjoy things like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXpkOwJkTcQ

I have a slight problem you see, with having outside religious doctrine being forced onto my country when we have established laws in place.

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

The nation formation of Great Britain, left a lot of dead bodies in Great Britain and Ireland, thru the early centuries.  We should not be surprised about similar behavior among Arabs 1300 years ago, when Great Britain was just a few feuding sub-kingdoms.  Given that Great Britain wants to start a nuclear war with Spain over Gibraltar ... have the Anglo-Saxons etc changed since then?

Personally, no ... I wouldn't allow Sharia law, but then I wouldn't have a mayor of London be a Muslim either, if I were British.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Shiranu on May 04, 2017, 07:24:56 PM
Not what he said, nor I.

perhaps then more context? Seemed to be a criticism of the guy when he seemed pretty clear what he said.

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on May 04, 2017, 07:53:39 PM
The nation formation of Great Britain, left a lot of dead bodies in Great Britain and Ireland, thru the early centuries.  We should not be surprised about similar behavior among Arabs 1300 years ago, when Great Britain was just a few feuding sub-kingdoms.  Given that Great Britain wants to start a nuclear war with Spain over Gibraltar ... have the Anglo-Saxons etc changed since then?

Personally, no ... I wouldn't allow Sharia law, but then I wouldn't have a mayor of London be a Muslim either, if I were British.

Well there were more then enough americans who didn't want a war in the middle east but american soldiers still were sent there, never the fault of the public only those in charge, and if you didn't vote the ones in power in your not at fault for what they decide.
I didn't and will never vote conservative for the UK, May has some alright things, but she's still a conservative leader and never will trust that group.

Shiranu

Quote from: Munch on May 04, 2017, 08:08:25 PM
perhaps then more context? Seemed to be a criticism of the guy when he seemed pretty clear what he said.

Yes, he was clear on what he said, which is why I am a bit unsure how to provide more context. The statement is literally objectively false, grammatically, logically and historically. If you have to lie to make a point, no matter how valid the point may be, you simply just do not have credibility... and that's what that statement did.

Munch

Quote from: Shiranu on May 04, 2017, 09:07:00 PM
Yes, he was clear on what he said, which is why I am a bit unsure how to provide more context. The statement is literally objectively false, grammatically, logically and historically. If you have to lie to make a point, no matter how valid the point may be, you simply just do not have credibility... and that's what that statement did.

I see your point now, fact is there's never really been any religious laws that are comparable with human rights. Although the Greek law of military men taking other young men as bed buddies seemed a good one, he I think modern day military should reintroduce. (Joking of course)

SGOS

Quote from: Baruch on May 03, 2017, 10:40:36 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpcbfxtdoI8

Sunni view ... and not prejudiced.
This guy annoys me.  I overdose on his gimmicky delivery as soon as he begins.  He doesn't have the ability to talk fast enough to talk fast, which seems like the whole point of his Utube gimmick, and that overpowers his content.  And when he trips over his tongue, which he does every 10 seconds or so, he does a glaring cut and splice which directs my attention toward his inability to think as fast as he talks, and I start to keep track of his fuckups, but then I lose count of those. I focus my attention on his babbling, rather than his content, which obviously what he hopes people will notice.  He should give it up and take a high school level speech class.

Hydra009

I actually really like his Crash Course World History series.  :(

Yeah, he trips over his own tongue sometimes, but I rarely notice because I'm more focused on what he's saying that how he's saying it.  Also, one of my favorite youtubers has an extremely noticeable speech impediment (wascally wabbits) so I've grown more forgiving of delivery issues than I otherwise would be.

Shiranu

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 06, 2017, 01:22:00 PM
I actually really like his Crash Course World History series.  :(

Yeah, he trips over his own tongue sometimes, but I rarely notice because I'm more focused on what he's saying that how he's saying it.  Also, one of my favorite youtubers has an extremely noticeable speech impediment (wascally wabbits) so I've grown more forgiving of delivery issues than I otherwise would be.

Same, I think his crash course videos are great.

Hydra009

Yeah.  The main thing I like about it is it gives you a quick and dirty understanding of vast swathes of history.  He tries really hard to not bombard the audience with dates and also tries to avoid an overemphasis on wars.  He tends to focus on social history pretty heavily, so YMMV there.

His "me from the past" gimmick is a decent way to criticize common misconceptions without making the audience a target of condensation/ridicule.  And running gags like the Mongols being the exception to almost every historical generalization invites the audience to compare and contrast the civilizations featured in the show.  And the thought bubble is a great visual accompaniment, making what is essentially a history lecture entertaining for kids and young adults.  As far as history videos go, I've seen much, much worse.