Main Menu

100 Days and Counting

Started by Drew_2017, April 27, 2017, 09:21:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reasonist

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities
Voltaire

Baruch

If Trump is lucky he will be as memorable as Millard Fillmore ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on May 06, 2017, 12:21:13 AM
If Trump is lucky he will be as memorable as Millard Fillmore ;-)
The country would be lucky if that were the case.  But that train has passed already.  He is and will be much more memorable than Fillmore.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

fencerider

are you missin the days of Sarah Palin?... at least she was good lookin.

I wonder if Mexico and Canada got together to deal with Trump trash talk if they could take on the U.S.

I wonder if Kimchi thinks Trump is so stupid he can get away with attacking the U.S.

I wonder if Ryan is up to the job of keeping Republicans from fighting with each other

Hey Baruch all you gotta do to get apes to stop fighting with each other is to throw them some fruit. Maybe we can name an island somewhere after Trump and be done with him
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Baruch

Quote from: fencerider on May 06, 2017, 04:46:01 PM
are you missin the days of Sarah Palin?... at least she was good lookin.

I wonder if Mexico and Canada got together to deal with Trump trash talk if they could take on the U.S.

I wonder if Kimchi thinks Trump is so stupid he can get away with attacking the U.S.

I wonder if Ryan is up to the job of keeping Republicans from fighting with each other

Hey Baruch all you gotta do to get apes to stop fighting with each other is to throw them some fruit. Maybe we can name an island somewhere after Trump and be done with him

We have plenty of virtual fruit ... such as BitCoin.  It attracts the money apes.  The islands already exist ... Cayman Is.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

The Top Ten Trump successes...

Gorsuch
Nepotism
Making Money
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Unbeliever

Quote from: fencerider on May 06, 2017, 04:46:01 PM
Maybe we can name an island somewhere after Trump and be done with him

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Baruch on May 09, 2017, 06:36:24 PM
Most billionaires already own their own islands ;-)

Most billionaires ARE their own islands.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

fencerider

so giving Trump an island is off the table?? bummer.

and he's gonna have to get a whole lot more riske before the republicans want to impeach him. They probably think he is an idiot, but for now he is a useful idiot
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Blackleaf

Quote from: fencerider on May 10, 2017, 11:58:31 PM
so giving Trump an island is off the table?? bummer.

and he's gonna have to get a whole lot more riske before the republicans want to impeach him. They probably think he is an idiot, but for now he is a useful idiot

Well, just look at Republicans now. Trump conveniently fires the man in charge of investigating his connections to Russia, and all they pull non sequiturs about Democrats, completely dismissing the obvious power grab the President was engaging in. They will never admit that God's chosen leader of the Free (at least for now) World can do any wrong.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Not that I would defend anyone' stupidity ... but even Comey admits the President can fire the head of the FBI.  Why don't all you Ds just move to Canada already?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

reasonist

Quote from: Baruch on May 11, 2017, 05:47:37 AM
Not that I would defend anyone' stupidity ... but even Comey admits the President can fire the head of the FBI.  Why don't all you Ds just move to Canada already?
I think the problem is not solved by moving. The financial distribution in the US is getting completely out of control. Thomas Piketty writes in "Capital in the 21st Century" that from 1977 to 2007, 60% (!) of the total income in the US went to the top 1%!  Unsustainable. Sooner or later even the dimmest dolts have to realize that they are taken for a ride. And instead of working and uniting to change all that, 60 million vote for Trump who's first 17 appointees represent more wealth than 47% of Americans COMBINED! It is the exact opposite of what the electorate should have done. Ignorance and lack of education?
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities
Voltaire

Hydra009

Quote from: Baruch on May 11, 2017, 05:47:37 AMWhy don't all you Ds just move to Canada already?
Roughly 100 million people moving into a country of 35 million.  Sounds like a reasonable, workable solution.

Mike Cl

Quote from: reasonist on May 11, 2017, 11:10:11 PM
I think the problem is not solved by moving. The financial distribution in the US is getting completely out of control. Thomas Piketty writes in "Capital in the 21st Century" that from 1977 to 2007, 60% (!) of the total income in the US went to the top 1%!  Unsustainable. Sooner or later even the dimmest dolts have to realize that they are taken for a ride. And instead of working and uniting to change all that, 60 million vote for Trump who's first 17 appointees represent more wealth than 47% of Americans COMBINED! It is the exact opposite of what the electorate should have done. Ignorance and lack of education?
I would like to think the disaster is the result of ignorance and lack of education.  That would offer some hope; ignorance can be addressed.  Education can be gained.  But I understand that the average campaign supporter had an income in the 70,000 range.  That is well above average and not a reflection of ignorance or lack of education.  I am deeply afraid that stupidity now has a strangle hold on this country.  Ignorance can be fixed; stupidity simply cannot.  Personally, I have a feeling of doom I've not experienced before.  I hated Bush and still do; but my feeling for drump is much deeper and more fearful.  Drump seems to have his finger on the pulse on the stupidity of this country and can use it at his will; to say he is/will be the worst president we have had is an insult to the Nixon's and Buchanan's of the world.  He has one goal and that is to enrich himself and his family beyond all belief.  And he is on his way.  I do fear for my country.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?