News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Terror attacks in London

Started by pr126, March 23, 2017, 03:04:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Shiranu on March 24, 2017, 02:12:27 AM
I will (in terms of attacks in the West, anyways). I just think there are deeper causes than them being Muslim.
That's all I'm asking for.

Like I said. I cannot say it's just at the face-value of them being muslim, but the fact remains that this is the demographic.

Sorginak

Quote from: pr126 on March 24, 2017, 02:12:49 AM
More irrational as the people in the video?

I think you meant "than" in place of "as".

PickelledEggs

Quote from: pr126 on March 24, 2017, 02:12:49 AM
More irrational as the people in the video?
Yes. Because seem to think that it's the norm, which it is not.

So yes. Absolutely more irrational.

pr126

Quote from: PickelledEggs on March 24, 2017, 02:15:26 AM
Yes. Because seem to think that it's the norm, which it is not.

So yes. Absolutely more irrational.
No, I do not think is is the norm. Thankfully, it isn't.
But there are enough irrational people on the other side of the pond.

The video I have posted in reply to The Skeletal Atheist calling me a crybaby. That is all.
Read into it what you will.

Sorginak

Quote from: pr126 on March 24, 2017, 02:35:34 AM

Read into it what you will.

That you're a crybaby. 

You're welcome.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Sorginak on March 24, 2017, 02:37:07 AM
That you're a crybaby. 

You're welcome.
Well said.
He is well sad.

pr126

The irrelevance of the peaceful majority.

Brigitte Gabriel (ACT) explains:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bbs81tzH9oc

Sorginak

Quote from: pr126 on March 24, 2017, 03:12:59 AM
The irrelevance of the peaceful majority.

Brigitte Gabriel (ACT) explains:

I am not going to watch a video.

Seriously, have you become so intellectually retarded that you can no longer explain anything in your own words?

Do you see me posting videos?

No, it is because I know how to use my words to convey what I want.

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: PickelledEggs on March 24, 2017, 02:10:55 AM
So is anyone else going to acknowledge the fact that these large scale attacks are primarily carried out by muslims? No? OK.
I didn't quote you directly, but I did acknowledge it and even offered a potential explanation for this phenomenon (aside from Islam being a shit religion, which plays into it) on the same page you made that observation.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: PickelledEggs on March 24, 2017, 02:10:55 AM
So is anyone else going to acknowledge the fact that these large scale attacks are primarily carried out by muslims? No? OK.
I did. Kind of. I think the root cause is extremism, which tends to be stirred up by desperation. I think it's important to note that these Muslim terrorists are coming from places where they are personally oppressed; whether that oppression comes from other Muslims, or from people irrationally suspicious of Muslims. You see them from the Middle East, Europe, and now increasingly from the United States, but not so much from Indonesia or India.

Now why is it Muslims specifically? Well there is evidence that the more views two people have in common, the easier it is for one to convince the other to change their views. In a religion numbering well over 1 billion adherents, combining this factor with my above observation creates this fantastic little daisy-chain of people able to radicalize one another, leading to more terrorist attacks causing more suspicion prompting more people to radicalize.

I have suddenly forgotten where I was going with this, so I'll leave it at that for now.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

pr126

Quote from: Sorginak on March 24, 2017, 03:15:46 AM
I am not going to watch a video.

Seriously, have you become so intellectually retarded that you can no longer explain anything in your own words?

Do you see me posting videos?

No, it is because I know how to use my words to convey what I want.

No one is forcing you to do anything. Was your post really necessary?

pr126

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on March 24, 2017, 11:53:55 AM
I did. Kind of. I think the root cause is extremism, which tends to be stirred up by desperation. I think it's important to note that these Muslim terrorists are coming from places where they are personally oppressed; whether that oppression comes from other Muslims, or from people irrationally suspicious of Muslims. You see them from the Middle East, Europe, and now increasingly from the United States, but not so much from Indonesia or India.

Now why is it Muslims specifically? Well there is evidence that the more views two people have in common, the easier it is for one to convince the other to change their views. In a religion numbering well over 1 billion adherents, combining this factor with my above observation creates this fantastic little daisy-chain of people able to radicalize one another, leading to more terrorist attacks causing more suspicion prompting more people to radicalize.

I have suddenly forgotten where I was going with this, so I'll leave it at that for now.

The world is strangely incurious as why from all the religions of the world it is Islam that behaves so.

What is in this ideology that makes it so dangerous to other beliefs or non beliefs?

Why are all debates, examinations, criticism forbidden in the public arena?

Theresa May, British PM after the recent London terrorist attack:
Quote“It is Islamist terrorism,” she said. “It is a perversion of a great faith.”…

SGOS

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on March 24, 2017, 11:53:55 AM

I got lost too.  You started out in a direction that might have gone some place, but I did have some doubts about the first paragraph, which I expected you to resolve.  The second paragraph didn't do that, however.

I began to question the first paragraph with " I think the root cause is extremism, which tends to be stirred up by desperation." 

By desperation?  I won't say it's not possible, but I don't sense desperation in terrorism.  It seems more like a control issue, and it also seems to me that the Middle East is rife with control issues.  Do control issues lead to desperation?  I think they can, but what I see in terrorism doesn't seem like desperation, just a need to control. 

Mideast power shifts seem to result in a new controlling interest taking over, with consequences that lead to brutal methods of keeping control, and the stakes are always high, with retribution for dissenters, and no sense of cooperation.  It's iron fisted control.  It needs to be, because if you can't control, the consequence is death.  It's win or lose, with the consequences of either outcome being exaggerated compared to western standards, where (so far) the opposition seems to muddle through until it's their turn at bat.

This may not be the case in Indonesia or India, where the opposition can muddle through without being killed off.  But I'm speculating here.  It's quite possible that I'm all wrong.  So I was looking forward to you presenting something less speculative.  The problem is that we are discussing the human species, which is harder to understand than a "universe from nothing."  I will never understand the human psyche very well.

Baruch

Being momentarily materialist ... can a toaster understand a toaster?

Yes to tendency to radicalism (see culture/religion)
Yes to desperation (they can see the fantasy of W Civilized living standard)
Yes to control issues (they are pirates of the desert ... they need to board your camel, take your stuff, and make you walk the plank)

Many people from India (but not Pakistan/Bangladesh), from Indonesia, from Malaysia ... were under or originated Indian culture.  This isn't ME nor European.  The ME and Europe have been militant since time before time.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

pr126

To get an idea what the ideology is, one should read the biography of the founder, Muhammad by Ibn
Ishaq.

The book is called Sirat rasool Allah and it is freely available on the net in .pdf format for download.

It is part of the Islamic trilogy, with the Quran and the hadiths.

http://www.justislam.co.uk/images/Ibn%20Ishaq%20-%20Sirat%20Rasul%20Allah.pdf

The Quran commands Muslims to follow Muhammad's example no less than 91 times.