New Star Trek Movie Promotes Bestiality (?)

Started by stromboli, June 09, 2013, 08:35:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

Ehem..

And which is why certain people with curly, itchy hair can fly and eat grass and breed in stagnant water. :-k

You people call yourselves crybabies.. why when we were crybabies we sat in the middle of the living room floor screaming till our mommy's spanked our little butts! :evil: :)
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Mermaid

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

josephpalazzo

Quote from: "Mermaid"
Quote from: "josephpalazzo"It is a well-known fact that a chimpanze mated with a gorilla and gave birth to  Adam... oh wait, does this count against evolution or the bible?  :-k

No, silly. If we evolved this way from monkeys, why are there still monkeys? This has been DISPROVEN! PRAISE HIM!

You forgot to say, AMEN. #-o

SGOS

It's a move, a fiction movie.  I really love science fiction, but apparently, I don't take it as seriously as these religious zealots.  Kirk is always gettin' it on with sexy aliens, though.  They look just like humans except they're usually green.  I'm all for it.  I think it's very sophisticated and cosmopolitan.  Let's all join hands and embrace our differences.  :-D

SGOS

Some weeks, finding a suitable topic to condemn in the name of Christian charity, apparently must be an act of desperation.

Minimalist

Quote from: "Shiranu"
QuotePastor Swanson added: "That's how you get evolution, and so the end result of course is that evolution has no basic problem with bestiality or cross-species mating."

The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

Aletheia

Quote from: "Johan"Its my guess that part of the reason people align themselves with various religions is because we all tend to have a small desire to have our lives be as simple and easy and enjoyable as they were when we were 4. When you think about it, the life of a 4 year old is great. You're responsibilities are more or less limited to eating sleeping shitting and playing.

People tend to forget that 4 year old's need guardians because they are easily exploited.

Remember the Eloi?
Quote from: Jakenessif you believe in the supernatural, you do not understand modern science. Period.

Jason78

Quote from: "Mermaid"Not to mention that its not true that this is how species evolve.

Are you suggesting that there's a chance that Pastor Kevin Swanson might have his facts wrong?

He's a pastor!  Pastors don't lie!
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Mermaid

Quote from: "Jason78"
Quote from: "Mermaid"Not to mention that its not true that this is how species evolve.

Are you suggesting that there's a chance that Pastor Kevin Swanson might have his facts wrong?

He's a pastor!  Pastors don't lie!
I'm sorry, I won't do it again. Here is all my money.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Colanth

I wonder how these Christian geniuses would handle having to watch the Bread and Circuses episode of ST.  Probably cause them to sort circuit their brains.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: "Colanth"I wonder how these Christian geniuses would handle having to watch the Bread and Circuses episode of ST.  Probably cause them to sort circuit their brains.
Don't be hatin on my alma mater, St. Probably's.. We might have won the state championships.. probably not though.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Mister Agenda

All the other alien women Kirk screwed were cross-species and it didn't bother this guy as long as they didn't have tails?
Atheists are not anti-Christian. They are anti-stupid.--WitchSabrina

Colanth

It's not that they have tails, it's that - according to him - Kirk mates with women of another species, producing hybrid offspring.  Proving that Swanson has no idea of what "mating" and "species" mean.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Rin Hato

"I'm not sure that bestiality and the homosexuality are really all that different."

>the homosexuality
Obieru kono te no naka niwa taorareta hana no yuuki.

Roger5462

Why do pastors have to ruin everyone's fun?  I know!  It is because they want to control people!  But we have figured out that it is just a scam!   :P