New Star Trek Movie Promotes Bestiality (?)

Started by stromboli, June 09, 2013, 08:35:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/religion ... nson-audio

QuotePastor Kevin Swanson slammed the new film "Star Trek Into Darkness" this week on his "Generations Radio" program because the movie allegedly promotes bestiality (audio below).

He said the movie "implicates the good guy [Captain Kirk] in the film as mating with the wrong species, but not just one, but two."

Pastor Swanson added: "That's how you get evolution, and so the end result of course is that evolution has no basic problem with bestiality or cross-species mating."

According to RightWingWatch.org, his co-host Dave Beuhner theorized: "I'm not sure that bestiality and the homosexuality are really all that different."

"The whole premise of this is that within an evolutionary construct there is no real problem with speciation and cross-species mating, there's no problem with that at all, in fact that's how you evolve, that's how you get evolution, and so the end result of course is that evolution has no basic problem with bestiality or cross-species mating," said Pastor Swanson.

"Now some of you are saying that I can't believe these guys are saying this on this radio program. I can't believe I'm saying this either. They are going places where no man has gone before. Or should."

Can you say "science fiction?" Hmmmm? Wow. Now we got jack nuts fundies equating science fiction interspecies sexuality as bestiality? Based on the "Ted Haggard Experience" and other examples, I'm guessing he had an unnatural lust once on a sheep ranch. Dude is wack.

Quote"I'm not sure that bestiality and the homosexuality are really all that different."
Wow. Shades of Fred Phelps. Religion needs to die and soon. No, wait- now.

I hope this gets lots of exposure. It'll be the same type of reaction as when Harry Potter was accused of being sorcery.

Shiranu

QuotePastor Swanson added: "That's how you get evolution, and so the end result of course is that evolution has no basic problem with bestiality or cross-species mating."

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!

Oh my fucking god yes, this actually made me laugh out loud. Fucking genius!
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

stromboli

Quote from: "Shiranu"
QuotePastor Swanson added: "That's how you get evolution, and so the end result of course is that evolution has no basic problem with bestiality or cross-species mating."

Yeah, I know. fun stuff on a Sunday morning.  :-D

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "Shiranu"

double that
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

Mermaid

Quote from: "stromboli"He said the movie "implicates the good guy [Captain Kirk] in the film as mating with the wrong species, but not just one, but two."

Pastor Swanson added: "That's how you get evolution, and so the end result of course is that evolution has no basic problem with bestiality or cross-species mating."

According to RightWingWatch.org, his co-host Dave Beuhner theorized: "I'm not sure that bestiality and the homosexuality are really all that different.".

Um. I. Um.

Well, I can't really improve on either of those concepts. Nosiree. I just can't.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

_Xenu_

If T'Pol counts as beastiality, sign me up.

[youtube:jcmnq0rd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4b8rakfqAE[/youtube:jcmnq0rd]
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Johan

This just reinforces my theory of why people gravitate toward religion and are so open to it. Its my guess that part of the reason people align themselves with various religions is because we all tend to have a small desire to have our lives be as simple and easy and enjoyable as they were when we were 4. When you think about it, the life of a 4 year old is great. You're responsibilities are more or less limited to eating sleeping shitting and playing. You don't have to make any tough choices because someone else makes them all for you. You've got rules that you have to follow, but they're all fairly simple. If you question a rule, the answer is 'because I said so' and that is all you need. If you question why something works the way it does or why it doesn't work they way you want it to, the acceptable answer is 'because that's how it is'. You don't need explanations beyond that. You don't need proof of anything and you don't need to understand the inner workings of anything. Because I said so and because that's how it is are good enough when you're 4.

And on some level I think religion checks all those boxes off for people and lets them live their lives a little bit like they were 4 again. And much the same way you can tell a 4 year old that 'the lights work when you plug them in because there are batteries in the walls of the house and there are little magic men that come and change the batteries at night after you go to bed' and they will believe you without question, you can tell religious people pretty much anything you want about evolution and homosexuality and they'll believe it. The lights are powered by magic batteries in the walls? Works for me uncle Hank. Evolution only happens when species interbreed? Works for me Mr Preacher. They'll believe anything you tell them because that's what you do when you want your life (or at least parts of it) to be like it was when you were 4.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

stromboli

Quote from: "Johan"This just reinforces my theory of why people gravitate toward religion and are so open to it. Its my guess that part of the reason people align themselves with various religions is because we all tend to have a small desire to have our lives be as simple and easy and enjoyable as they were when we were 4. When you think about it, the life of a 4 year old is great. You're responsibilities are more or less limited to eating sleeping shitting and playing. You don't have to make any tough choices because someone else makes them all for you. You've got rules that you have to follow, but they're all fairly simple. If you question a rule, the answer is 'because I said so' and that is all you need. If you question why something works the way it does or why it doesn't work they way you want it to, the acceptable answer is 'because that's how it is'. You don't need explanations beyond that. You don't need proof of anything and you don't need to understand the inner workings of anything. Because I said so and because that's how it is are good enough when you're 4.

And on some level I think religion checks all those boxes off for people and lets them live their lives a little bit like they were 4 again. And much the same way you can tell a 4 year old that 'the lights work when you plug them in because there are batteries in the walls of the house and there are little magic men that come and change the batteries at night after you go to bed' and they will believe you without question, you can tell religious people pretty much anything you want about evolution and homosexuality and they'll believe it. The lights are powered by magic batteries in the walls? Works for me uncle Hank. Evolution only happens when species interbreed? Works for me Mr Preacher. They'll believe anything you tell them because that's what you do when you want your life (or at least parts of it) to be like it was when you were 4.

No question religion is a whole lot of "do your thinking for you."

josephpalazzo

It is a well-known fact that a chimpanze mated with a gorilla and gave birth to  Adam... oh wait, does this count against evolution or the bible?  :-k

Mermaid

Quote from: "josephpalazzo"It is a well-known fact that a chimpanze mated with a gorilla and gave birth to  Adam... oh wait, does this count against evolution or the bible?  :-k

No, silly. If we evolved this way from monkeys, why are there still monkeys? This has been DISPROVEN! PRAISE HIM!
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: "Shiranu"YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!

and YES!

Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Hydra009

Quote"The whole premise of this is that within an evolutionary construct there is no real problem with speciation and cross-species mating, there's no problem with that at all, in fact that's how you evolve, that's how you get evolution, and so the end result of course is that evolution has no basic problem with bestiality or cross-species mating," said Pastor Swanson.
:-s

Maybe this is just me, but I'm not sure that evolution (intentional stance much?) has a problem with speciation (including hybrid speciation) considering that that's sort of the whole reason why Earth's species haven't all gone extinct.

Mermaid

Not to mention that its not true that this is how species evolve.

Plu

Not to mention that as far as I know "cross species mating" isn't even possible by definition of what constitues a "species".

Mermaid

Quote from: "Plu"Not to mention that as far as I know "cross species mating" isn't even possible by definition of what constitues a "species".

Well, in some cases animals of the same genus and different species can reproduce.

Lions and tigers, for instance. Horses and donkeys or zebras. Dogs and wolves or coyotes.

The offspring, however, is usually not reproductive so it's a dead end.