Poll: voters despise Trump, favor Obama

Started by Hydra009, February 02, 2017, 07:43:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pr126

It seems that the left incapable to think for themselves. The MSM is doing all the thinking for them.
Not dissimilar to a religious doctrine where the church is controlling the narrative.

All ideas to the contrary must be dismissed as heresy.

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on March 05, 2017, 01:13:16 AM
It seems that the left incapable to think for themselves. The MSM is doing all the thinking for them.
Not dissimilar to a religious doctrine where the church is controlling the narrative.

All ideas to the contrary must be dismissed as heresy.

I'm Progressive.  I don't actually think of that in terms of Left or Right.  There is a difference.  "Progressive" thinks in terms of moving the world ahead.  In the 70's, that was restricting the power of unions that were stifling business. In the 90's that was regulating businesses that were polluting the environment.  Lately, it is controlling global business collusion. 

And today it is eliminating voter restrictions, gerrymandered voting districts, and the effects of extremely wealthy individuals influencing our elections in hidden campaigns.

I am neither Left nor Right. 

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

pr126

Progressive == regressive.  + Authoritarian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiU20QjKPCo

Hydra009

Progressive means different things to different people.  But hey, if it means bringing about positive reforms (as opposed to championing the status quo or rolling back previous gains), I'm happy to join them in common cause.

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on March 05, 2017, 01:38:47 AM
Progressive == regressive.  + Authoritarian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiU20QjKPCo

I do not live by offended feelings.  Mr. Will, as intelligent as he infrequently is, mistakens "liberal" for "progressive".  The 2 are sometimes similar in goals, but are not the same.

Cavebear

And, amazingly, a right wing nutcase probably can't insult a progressive by being insulting.  We are more factually-inclined.  Insults like water over a duck's back, so to speak. 

pr126

Fingers in the ear shouting lalala?

I thought so.

Nobody with a different idea can be considered sane, so best not listen to them.
Such certitude! Borders on the fanatic.

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on March 05, 2017, 05:12:09 AM
Fingers in the ear shouting lalala?

I thought so.

Nobody with a different idea can be considered sane, so best not listen to them.
Such certitude! Borders on the fanatic.

Hardly.  My point was that insults do not make for good arguments, my fingers are not in my ears, and I am not chanting "la la la".

But there ARE bad arguments and I will be pleased to discuss those with you IF you will present one.

pr126

Pat Condell in the video makes a few points which you could argue against.
Why not start on those?

SGOS

Quote from: pr126 on March 05, 2017, 01:13:16 AM
Beware of the glass house phenomenon.  When you explain personal thoughts and conclusions using Utube, your powers of independent analysis become as suspect as those who can't think for themselves.

Cavebear

Quote from: SGOS on March 05, 2017, 07:10:21 AM
Beware of the glass house phenomenon.  When you explain personal thoughts and conclusions using Utube, your powers of independent analysis become as suspect as those who can't think for themselves.

I agree.  The value of an argument depends on the source of the facts. Youtube is not the best of sources.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on March 05, 2017, 01:54:12 AM
Progressive means different things to different people.  But hey, if it means bringing about positive reforms (as opposed to championing the status quo or rolling back previous gains), I'm happy to join them in common cause.

I only wish that is what it means.  Who can be against that?  But in fact, people are divided, based on their irrational political ideologies.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on March 05, 2017, 12:20:51 AM
I am not American. In the UK we whine about other things.

But yeah, Obama was not the best choice for president.
Here is a thing. He was selected, [by globalist] not elected. Just like Trudeau in Canada.

That is why they had to hide his shitty college transcripts, as top secret!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on March 04, 2017, 10:57:29 PM
The left has been whining since November the 8 with no let down.
Frankly, it is getting a real pain. Stop it.

Get on with your lives.

Marx told them, never let up, they have Dialectical Materialism to thank for their inevitable victory ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.