News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

There is no God PERIOD

Started by Ro3bert, February 01, 2017, 08:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackleaf

Quote from: Godis on February 10, 2017, 12:26:02 PM
I've always wondered if Jesus is not God, then why do non-believers go so much out of their way to try and convince others it's not true? If something is "truly" false, then any human would know it to be self-evident through their own experiences.  And trying to compel others to believe something contrary to what God may have instilled in them to believe (which is a very private experience!) is a losing battle!

Self-evident? Like that the Bible full of historical errors and contradictions? Like obviously evil nature of God, described by the Bible? You underestimate the power of brainwashing. Surround someone with people who make some ridiculous claim, and they will fight to the death to defend that ridiculous claim.

Jesus' existence is not self-evident. There are absolutely no contemporaries who wrote about him. The best you can provide are the writings of a Christian who wasn't even born until Jesus supposedly died.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Godis

If something is so obvious that it's staring you directly in the face, then your first reaction is to look away.  What a strange creature you are.

Baruch

Quote from: Godis on February 10, 2017, 12:26:02 PM
I've always wondered if Jesus is not God, then why do non-believers go so much out of their way to try and convince others it's not true? If something is "truly" false, then any human would know it to be self-evident through their own experiences.  And trying to compel others to believe something contrary to what God may have instilled in them to believe (which is a very private experience!) is a losing battle!

Atheists ... and Jews, are not evangelical.  We are not interested in what others believe.  However, what others believe, does effect society, and government ... (abortion and gay behavior for example).  However, there is a different case.  In 20th century communist societies, as part of the secular totalitarianism, they were interested in forcing anyone inside their countries, or the whole world, into thinking as they do.  This was because of their totalitarianism, not because of their atheism.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: FinalSomnia on February 10, 2017, 12:29:25 PM
You wonder why people would try to tell other people something isn't true if that thing isn't true? That's basically what you're saying here.

You came here with a small chip on your shoulder ... you are the (ahem) evangelist.  Don't project.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Godis

Blackleaf,
You should do some deep introspection about why the phrase: "Jesus is God", irks you so much.  If Jesus isn't historical, then why does the thought of him make you so hysterical?

Blackleaf

Quote from: Godis on February 10, 2017, 12:35:38 PM
If something is so obvious that it's staring you directly in the face, then your first reaction is to look away.  What a strange creature you are.

Sounds like the reaction of a theist when faced with the evidence that Jesus likely never existed.
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Quote from: Godis on February 10, 2017, 12:35:38 PM

Blacklead probably has many more years at the religion question than you do ;-)

For me, theism is obvious.  But then I am a Jewish mystic.  I experience G-d all the time, just not in a way that you might think.  So G-d for me, is as obvious as my right hand ... that all humans are "images of G-d" aka demigods.  But I can't prove that, proof isn't the right approach.  So when atheists demand proof ... you are basically stepping into their ambush.

I have known Blackleaf now for 20 months ... you have known him for only 5 minutes.  Check your ego first ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Godis

Baruch,
If Blackleaf has many more years at the religious question than I do, then does that make him more accountable if I'm right and he's wrong.  Your reasoning is ridiculous and not logical at all.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Godis on February 10, 2017, 12:42:46 PM
Blackleaf,
You should do some deep introspection about why the phrase: "Jesus is God", irks you so much.  If Jesus isn't historical, then why does the thought of him make you so hysterical?

You think you have me pegged, don't you? You are so incredibly wrong, and you came to your "conclusion" so quickly, it's laughable. You change the subject to avoid discussing things that are inconvenient for you to think about. You make blanket statements about people you don't know. You're nothing but a fly; a minor annoyance.

I was a Christian for 25 years of my life, and was fully devoted to my faith from age 18-25. I was leader of the tech group in the youth service, I was a singer in the band, I volunteered for vacation Bible school, I led Bible studies and wrote skits for others to perform, I participated in more outreach events than I could count. I'm willing to bet all you've done for your faith is pester atheists on the internet, and you're not even very good at that.
--Fulke Greville--

Godis

Blackleaf,
If you claim to have been a Christian (believing that Jesus is God!) for 25 years of your life, then you are definitely accountable for your backsliding!  Not to mention, you are also accountable for all those you drag down with you!

Baruch

Quote from: Godis on February 10, 2017, 12:50:09 PM
Baruch,
If Blackleaf has many more years at the religious question than I do, then does that make him more accountable if I'm right and he's wrong.  Your reasoning is ridiculous and not logical at all.

You are speaking of accountable as in afterlife theology?  Why do you judge anyone, if you are a Christian?  You should keep introspection to yourself, to your own prayer life.  I recommend a good prayer life (I am a theist).  First of all, like most people, you misunderstand what reasoning and logic are .. please go learn.  The atheists here would agree that I am ridiculous ... but that is part of my charm, why they keep me as a pet theist ... bark, bark ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Godis on February 10, 2017, 12:56:30 PM
Blackleaf,
If you claim to have been a Christian (believing that Jesus is God!) for 25 years of your life, then you are definitely accountable for your backsliding!  Not to mention, you are also accountable for all those you drag down with you!

--Fulke Greville--

Godis

Typical reaction from a person in denial.

Baruch

Quote from: Godis on February 10, 2017, 12:59:39 PM
Typical reaction from a person in denial.

Typical reaction of a reactionary.  If the kitchen is too hot, time to get out.  But being me, I would say, being a Christian is OK, provided you continue to become a better Christian (channeling Gandhi).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Godis

Baruch,
You have no logical inclinations;  Try harder.