News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Greetings!

Started by steve_talon, June 09, 2013, 12:33:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve_talon

Hey Crew.

I`m new to the forms and wanted to say hello.

Last Christmas, I was a devout Christian, but I was always a bit of a skeptic about certain things, especially the evolution vs creation debate (not that you can even call it a debate). At my `worst` I was a theistic evolutionist. I liked going to church, but listening to the pastor spew out mindless drivel about why everything we know about evolution and cosmology was a lie, and knowing in my mind he only had a theology degree. I often wondered where the extensive research he must of done was. Despite this, he was a great guy.

I battled some health issues last Christmas and decided to read the bible front to cover. Needless to say that was the end of me being a theist.

AllPurposeAtheist

Canada has churches still? I thought they fled south with the liberal governments. :shock:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Solitary

:-D Welcome aboard Steve! Bill
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

PickelledEggs

Welcome Steve!
QuoteI battled some health issues last Christmas and decided to read the bible front to cover. Needless to say that was the end of me being a theist.

If I had a penny for every time I heard that. :-k

:rollin:

Sal1981

It's kinda funny and ironic that a not-so-close- reading of the holy babble will deconvert anyone.

Brian37

Quote from: "steve_talon"Hey Crew.

Last Christmas, I was a devout Christian, but I was always a bit of a skeptic about certain things, especially the evolution vs creation debate (not that you can even call it a debate). At my `worst` I was a theistic evolutionist. I liked going to church, but listening to the pastor spew out mindless drivel about why everything we know about evolution and cosmology was a lie, and knowing in my mind he only had a theology degree. I often wondered where the extensive research he must of done was. Despite this, he was a great guy.

I battled some health issues last Christmas and decided to read the bible front to cover. Needless to say that was the end of me being a theist.

Health issues are not a good reason to reject any god claim, much less any  bad luck. That might address the absurd claim of an all powerful security guard who seems  to be inept or a deadbeat or malicious. But the only reason to reject any claim is simple, evidence.

We do highly suggest people read their respective holy books and not rely on the fan club presidents trying to stake claim to all of human morality via superstition.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Colanth

Quote from: "steve_talon"I battled some health issues last Christmas and decided to read the bible front to cover. Needless to say that was the end of me being a theist.
Welcome.

As Asimov said, "Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived."
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

JI_Joe

Quote from: "steve_talon"Hey Crew.

it took you reading the bible cover to cover to notice it is nothing but crap drivel from the stone ages?  jesh I know my I only went with my dad to his church because I was still a kid living under his roof.  And most of what the pastor was saying did not make sense even though every one else thought he made some kind of profound point every Sunday.  Mean while I am like this--> :-k  IE what kind of idiot does he think I am ??

Farroc

Herro. [blink:2towh7sc]DON'T PANIC![/blink:2towh7sc]
"The idea of getting a, y\'know, syringe full of heroin and shooting it in the vein under my cock right now seems like almost a productive act." -Bill Hicks

induz